PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

jests fans - Is Pats Violating The Salary Cap With Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting the Jets general stupidity aside, I can see why Brady's salary can be a source of so much hostility and resentment throughout the league.

The GOAT QB salary cap hit is less than Alex Smith! :eek: If you're a rival owner, this must piss you off royally because it's difficult, if not impossible, to compete with this in an era where mediocrities like Eli Manning and Joe Flacco are demanding top dollar that would eat away at most of the cap space.

Of course, this is all perfectly within the rules and it shouldn't be an excuse for cooking up phony baloney scandals to steal draft picks away, but I can see where it would be a source of frustration throughout the league.

Yes, most fans understand that the patriots work within the rules, and take every advantage of the rules. Some fans think that the NFLPA or the League should oppose such actions. Obviously, as patriot fans, we just laugh at such fans.

:rolleyes:

Wow, Patriot haters are just plain dumb, but you gotta give em' credit when they get creative with their conspiracy theories!

I think the post you linked got deleted. The link redirects us to a different thread. Anyways. Nice find!!!

Agreed.

I thought the gist of this accusation was going to be related to Brady paying practice squad players for intercepting him.

Just another article that could be entitled "Wahh, the Pats win too much!"

b42fddd986a175f7bf03f64f77d36d3f.jpg

But its always something.... I think the jest should be investigated for impersonating an NFL franchise.

Last edited:
jest fans sure do create a lot of threads about the Patriots on their boards, don't they?

Hahaha, this will be the 2015 gate.

The very concept of taking less than top dollar to help your team win is apparently so foreign to Jets fans that they can't conceive of it and assume it's cheating.

Guess they just have to go by what they see, and god knows the next player to take a discount for the Jets will be the first. To the contrary, they need every carrot they can muster up to convince anyone to play for that ****-from-top-to-bottom organization.

Also, these people fail to realize two things re: Manning/Brady. 1: they're very different people with very different priorities (see: their entire careers). That stupid anecdote just shows that Manning cares more about the status associated with a huge paycheck than Brady does, which should come as a surprise to nobody who knows even a little bit about either of them.

2: The Brady/Giselle household has WAY more money than Peyton does. Yeah, Peyton's been the higher paid QB throughout their careers and is in about 40% of all commercials ever made. But Brady shrewdly taking a stake in Under Armor alone might have paid him more than all of Peyton's endorsements, because apparently this is yet another area where Brady is simply smarter and better than Peyton is. Plus Brady isn't even the breadwinner in his own home.

Last edited:
Those guys on the Jets board are a few slices short of a loaf.

Those guys on the Jets board are a few slices short of a loaf.
They pinch a loaf and it comes out their mouth.

Jet fans are also conveniently ignoring the $33MM Brady originally got as a signing bonus. They also don't want to know about the fact that Brady counts $14MM on this year's cap. Brady has never taken top dollar during his career, BUT he's never taken short money either. So once again Jet fans don't know what they are talking about.

Another example of the type of fan culture the NFL has engendered.

"There must be some other reason that my team always loses to that team."

I dunno, growing up I never had to feel like the Bills were cheaters, I just enjoyed that we'd occasionally give them a good game or steal one from them. I didn't sit and daydream about Marv Levy getting humiliated and Jim Kelly getting suspended.

Nah, that guy is pretty shady. TB needs a new health guru. The guy is marketing juice that protects against concussions FFS!!

That was years ago

Jets fans have too much freakin' time on their hands - its not like they have to worry about their team making it to the postseason or anything.

Jet fans are also conveniently ignoring the $33MM Brady originally got as a signing bonus. They also don't want to know about the fact that Brady counts $14MM on this year's cap. Brady has never taken top dollar during his career, BUT he's never taken short money either. So once again Jet fans don't know what they are talking about.

Actually, what they also don't understand is that through posts like these on their board, they too admit that TB is one of the best ever.

How do we know Jests fans are not idiots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back