PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

jests fans - Is Pats Violating The Salary Cap With Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolverinejoe80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
according to our brethren in dirty jersey, we are violating salary cap because brady makes way too little.
*Edited by Ian - link removed because a redirect to a different thread exists on their end.

Here's the thing: Brady is very close to the owner, Bob Kraft. We know that Kraft considers Brady like another son. They live next to one another in the same Brookline, MA neighborhood. Brady loves money, but he also loves winning. He knows if he can divert a few million or more from his salary to the team, it makes the team that much stronger.

So.............

How do we know that Kraft hasn't made some personal 'side deal' with Brady to pay him tens of millions in 'consulting' or TV (Pats Network, etc.) gigs once his playing time is over ? How do we know that Brady hasn't invested in some partnership or hedge fund with Kraft and Kraft isn't giving him some favoritism on his account, which can't be liquidated until 2020 or whenever ? How do we know there wasn't a simple, innocuous, you-can't-consider-it-a-contract whisper like "Tom, sign this contract and believe me you'll be very happy when your playing days are over." :D

I mean, how many players keep taking below-market deals even if they don't need the money ? Peyton Manning doesn't need the money between his earnings and endorsements and yet he reportedly had to be dragged kicking-and-dragging to have his salary cut by $4 MM this year.

I don't know how you'd investigate this, but I know that the Cowboys and Redskins got nailed for violating the spirit of the rules stuff on the salary cap and the Broncos reportedly did something in the late-1990's, too.

I find it very curious that Brady, who is super-competitive and hates being 2nd at anything, has willingly been 5th or 7th or 10th or 12th or lower when it comes to compensation.

The football writers, who have their noses up Brady's butt, have no interest in asking these questions.

Someone should !!

Tool_Jets_Fan.jpg

sorry if this is a repost!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its hard for people to wrap their heads around the idea that Brady is motivated first and foremost by winning football games.

Last edited:
The CBA also specifies the minimum salaries that are offered.

It does not actually require that players take every dollar offered to them.

I think Mrs. Brady out earns Mrs. Manning and probably Mr. Manning for that matter. That's the difference.

Not everyone thinks like Revis. Jets fans should be called straw graspers.

Wasn't there an article about the union stepping in because they didn't want Brady accepting an even lower salary which impacts the franchise tag?

When it starts with "how do we know they aren't..."...
We know people can make-up whatever they want and as long as it is picked up and repeated, the sheoples will believe it to be true.

Was that how you wanted to end it :D.

:rolleyes:

Wow, Patriot haters are just plain dumb, but you gotta give em' credit when they get creative with their conspiracy theories!

according to our brethren in dirty jersey, we are violating salary cap because brady makes way too little.
http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/is-new-england-violating-the-salary-cap-with-tom-brady.8584/

Tool_Jets_Fan.jpg

sorry if this is a repost!

I think the post you linked got deleted. The link redirects us to a different thread. Anyways. Nice find!!!

Lets see....Brady makes and has tons of money already and his wife makes a hell load of money....he would prefer getting paid less and playing on a good team than being highly paid and on a bottom feeder....also extra money can be used to shore up his offensive line so he doesnt get ...wiped out....I guess .....Brady's priorities are all screwed up :p...

I think when you have a wife who makes a gajillion dollars it gets easier to start thinking about things other than the size of your paycheck.

Putting the Jets general stupidity aside, I can see why Brady's salary can be a source of so much hostility and resentment throughout the league.

The GOAT QB salary cap hit is less than Alex Smith! :eek: If you're a rival owner, this must piss you off royally because it's difficult, if not impossible, to compete with this in an era where mediocrities like Eli Manning and Joe Flacco are demanding top dollar that would eat away at most of the cap space.

Of course, this is all perfectly within the rules and it shouldn't be an excuse for cooking up phony baloney scandals to steal draft picks away, but I can see where it would be a source of frustration throughout the league.

I doubt they is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back