PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerod Mayo suffers knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to feel better? Watch some Tampa Bay all 22 tape. And I liked Dane.
I mean besides Lavonte David and Gerald Mccoy you have to admit he has it pretty S****y around him.

How in the hell can this freaking moron have a job? I really feel that I would do a much better job as a beat reporter than him. I have no doubt that my, and many other members, football knowledge is far ahead of what ever his is.

Here I am looking for a job and I constantly see this lunatic cover the sport and team that I love. While knowing absolutely nothing about either of them. How did he get this job?

I'd love if he said that to BB in a press conference. Bill would probably throw him out head first. Bill has seemed sad ever since the game because of the Mayo injury.
He's embarrassingly inadequate (Volin, not Mayo. . That might be the most off-base observation of the season from the media.

Well, I was hoping it wasn't the worst, but we can't be shocked. Huge loss, despite what Football Genius Ben Volin says.

(if we all stop following him on twitter, he'll go away)

Is Ben Volin for real? Just tweeted this nugget

Fan is short for fanatic. You guys love Mayo for what he has meant to the team over the years. The reality is he’s pretty average now.

Complete clown

i like volin but he's been a **** the last month.

d08j4.jpg
Schefter's twitter says Mayo is done for the year
WhyGodWhy.jpg
tim-tebow-cying.jpg

Well his wish would've been granted now anyways
So he should have signed banking that a season ending injury would have happened to get him in the starting lineup?

BTW, for those bagging on Volin, take a listen to Adam Jones on 98.5.

1.) He'll be having Volin on soon (can't remember what time they said)

2.) He thinks Hightower and Collins are somehow going to make up for Mayo's absence

I won't even try to measure the level of cluelessness that second point displays.

Mayo is a 3 down LB, it's going to take at least 2 guys just to replace that. Nobody is replacing his QBing of the defense. I like both Collins and Hightower, Hopefullly the Pats will find dome diamond in this mess, but losing Mayo is a huge blow to the Zpats. Hopefully he pulls a Vince and stays with the club the rest of the year and helps the younger guys.

Ridley was having a good year, another tough loss. I feel for him as he is in the last year of his rookie contract. Make no mistake about it, this injury will cost him millions of dollars, bad break for him.

Wonder if we see some more 3-4 now with High and Collins in the middle, Jones and Ninko on the outside and the Wilfork/Walker/Jones/Easley/Saligna (when hes back) pu pu platter on the line...

Fast, Athletic, Skinner-free linebacking corp there...question whether that defensive line could hold up though...

Mayo's cap hit jumps to over $10million in each of the next two seasons. The team could restructure, if it doesn't mind putting some 'dead' money in the last year (2017), and 2016 is the year the cap savings would really kick in, but they'd save $4.6 on Mayo's deal with $6m in dead money if they cut him next year (not to mention the option to make it a post-June 1 cut, which would make the hits $3.6m in 2015 and $2.4m in 2016).

Per Yates, Pats worked out 5 LBs today:
Justin Anderson: A 6-foot-2, 240-pound undrafted free agent that signed with the Giants this past offseason. NJ.com noted in an overview that he led UL Lafayette in tackles during his final two seasons of college and was an all-conference player.

Kaelin Burnett: Originally signed by the Raiders as an undrafted free agent back in 2012, Burnett, 6-4 and 240 pounds, has played in 22 career games with 12 tackles. He is the younger brother of veteran NFL linebacker Kevin Burnett, who is also currently a free agent.

Tim Dobbins: Perhaps the most recognizable name on this list, Dobbins most recently spent time with the Falcons this offseason after three years in Houston. A 2006 fifth-round choice of the Chargers, Dobbins has 253 career tackles.

Mario Harvey: A 2011 undrafted free agent out of Marshall, Harvey has NFL experience as both a linebacker and a fullback with the Colts. He has 28 career NFL tackles.

Paul Hazel: The biggest player at the workout at 6-5 and 252 pounds, Hazel has NFL experience with three teams: the Jaguars, who originally signed him as an undrafted free agent back in 2013; the Browns (also in 2013); and the Texans (who claimed him off of waivers this past March). He's a familiar face to Mike Lombardi, the former Browns GM who is now a Patriots staffer as an assistant to the coaching staff.
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...098/source-patriots-work-out-five-linebackers

This team could not afford an injury in their LB corps and now that they have one they have no real way to compensate. It really sucks

Does anyone have what the injury is???? Heard very very bad so is it career threatening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back