PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerod Mayo suffers knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know (or if Miguel is reading this) if any money is being freed up by Ridley and Mayo going on IR? Overthe cap has zeroes in "other" bonus categories:http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-england-patriots/ I don't recall any significant performance bonuses for either one, but I don't know where to look beyond the obvious web sites. The old standby cap site - http://nyjetscap.com - is belly up - what happened to that guy?)

No money was freed up by Mayo and Ridley going on IR. Mayo will not earn his NLTBE Pro Bowl incentive or 46-man active roster bonuses. But since those incentives were NLTBE the Patriots will not receive a credit for them in 2015.

Cost Patriots cap space as the Patriots need to replace the duo on the 53-man roster.

Howe didn't say I talked to a trainer. Howe said he talked to a trainer. I gave the timetable that was shared with me by the source who told me of the injury and surgery.
Thanks for clarifying.

Thank you. Skinner was around the ball last night against the Jets and looked fast, but not a lot of help as a run stuffer.

I agree that a trade could well be in order with a team that has a linebacker with a palatable contract they want to dump. Belichick knows linebackers, so I have little doubt he'd get somebody who could fill the Patriots' needs. Something splashy along the lines of Talib is what is needed.

If I recall correctly, there's about $6.5 million available on the cap to call on in emergencies like this. Now would be a good time to make a move if a trading partner is willing to pull the trigger before the trade deadline.

I'd love to see Belichick extract MLB Paul Posluszny from the Jaguars.
He's 30 and deserves a chance to get a whiff of the playoffs. He's got a decent cap number for half of a season, and has the experience and smarts to fill in.

Both Posluszny and Orakpo are now out for the year. Can you suggest that BB trade for Peyton this week?

something that i find interesting is that every game or show i watch regarding football people are talking about cruz and how bad the injury is, and how its such a massive loss for the giants.

nobody is talk about mayo, despite the same injury.

just shows the bias against the patriots that the heart of our defense goes down with the same injury as the giants slot reciever who had on td in the entire season so far and the giants gets all the press

Both Posluszny and Orakpo are now out for the year. Can you suggest that BB trade for Peyton this week?

Holy cow! Posluszny to IR. I feel like I cursed him. Isn't that the same injury that put Mayo out of commission last year - a torn pectoral muscle?

I'll definitely put the kibosh on Manning. On second thought, it would more fun to beat him and Welker in a couple of weeks at the Razor. The 49ers completely wussed out. Why is it that the Harbaughs always need Belichick and Brady to do their dirty work for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes