PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOzgood

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Would love to see him with the Patriots next year. Him and Brady seem pretty close and he was doing some playful jarring with Belichick today. I think he wants to play for a winner and can still play at a high quality. Any need for him here?

Won't be able to afford him and resign Moss.

Some on the radio said that JT has a lot of respect for Brady, Belichick, and the Patriots. That said, I don't see the Dolphins trading him to the Pats and they will trade him rather than cut him.

He'd have to take a significant pay cut to come here. He's older than our OLB's and not significantly better.

He'd have to take a significant pay cut to come here. He's older than our OLB's and not significantly better.

I'm as much of a homer as anyone but that statement takes the cake. I love colvin and Vrabel but they aren't in Taylor's league.

He's played 3-4 OLb before. I think he could come here and get 20 sacks. He seems like the player who would take a discount to join the dynasty for a few years. Ain't gonna happen though.

Like the entire Dolphins defense, Taylor has fallen off big time this year. He used to hurry the QB 5+ times a game, now he's lucky to do it once or twice.

Jason Taylor deserves a ring and Brady said he has more respect for him than any other player he faces. I can see him pulling a Seau.

Won't be able to afford him and resign Moss.

Sure they would. Especially with not picking up the option on Washington or Stallworth.. Or extending Colvin..

Like the entire Dolphins defense, Taylor has fallen off big time this year. He used to hurry the QB 5+ times a game, now he's lucky to do it once or twice.

That's because he doesn't have the help he did last year.. With the Phins letting Carter go.. And the injuries to the Phins secondary.. And that their secondary was thin to begin with.

He'd fit in fine with our LBs, if he can learn the system. He's younger than Tedy and Seau, isn't he? He also lined up at LB a LOT today, so I think he's clearly capable of playing it. He was in motion on a ton of snaps...it's clear the Fins at least still feel he's good.

If Fins fans weren't feeling so burned by Morris and Welker, I could see him coming to NE for some young guys, like Washington, Jackson, or Meriwether. Not sure the Pats would be willing to pull the trigger on something like that, though.

That's cuz nobody else is a threat to the QB, and because your secondary is so piss-poor at coverage the QB never has to hold the ball for more than about 2 seconds.

He's 33. Contract runs through 2010. His numbers are a bit south of $10M per year on his current deal.

Would love to see it, but very much doubt it will happen.

Sounds like just the type of player BB might look for. A talented veteran who has recently "slipped", playing for a $h!t team and willing to make some concessions to go out as a winner. I wouldn't mind seeing it happen, although it's not probably likely. It just depends on how fed up JT is with the situation, which doesn't look particularly rosy at least over the next couple years, and how much having a chance to win a ring means to him.

I'm as much of a homer as anyone but that statement takes the cake. I love colvin and Vrabel but they aren't in Taylor's league.

He's played 3-4 OLb before. I think he could come here and get 20 sacks. He seems like the player who would take a discount to join the dynasty for a few years. Ain't gonna happen though.

I'm not a homer at all.

I'm a big JT fan, but he is on the downside. Do you really think with the money we are paying Colvin and Vrabel that one of them is going to the bench for a 34 year old JT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes