PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James signs with Cardinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
mcdonut16 said:
The window of opportunity has officially closed on the Colts. Everyone will now see next year that Edge, not Manning was the cog to that offensive machine.

I am looking forward to many of Mannings hands in the air Manningisms !

IIRC, the Colts record without Edge was 7-9 over the last few years when he was out due to injuries.... and something like over .800 with him..
Let's see Peyton perform for 16 games without him and possibly Rhodes...
I'll bet you they resign Rhodes quickly UNLESS they are naive enough to think they can stick anybody ni there and draft a RB in the first round..
Just my $0.02,

I am just excited for cardinals fans. I have a couple of buddies who have been going thru hell with that org. for yrs. Bidwell is finally putting some money into that team, and it's money I am sure will be well spent. However, if the team cannot learn how to draft, then problems are going to still be down the road. Nice to see Edge in the NFC though.

re

Good info on your post, I was going to say the same thing.

The Colts are done. Their record with and without James is striking.

Their entire offense is based off of the stretch running play. Without James, their running game will not be as potent, which will also diminish their play-action abilities.

I think this was a GREAT signing by Arizona. James is a great runner, and I've read over the years that he's also a great leader and a winner.

30Mill/4 for James is a lot better than what other teams have been doing. For example, I'm not too impressed with the money Cleveland, Washington, and Minnesota have been throwing around.

maverick4 said:
For example, I'm not too impressed with the money Cleveland, Washington, and Minnesota have been throwing around.

One good thing is that it uses up the excessive cap space these teams had while some of the Pats' Free Agents (Givens, AV, Willie) are still unsigned as well as all those Poston clients (Ty Law, Peterson, Woodson)
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Carl to Ty..." About that $10 million signing bonus, uh,, uh,,,,,
Let me get back to you on that"

As much as I like Hutchinson, is he worth 13% of your cap space for this year??
They (Minn) must have wanted him really, really badly......

DaBruinz said:
Hmm.. It sure does put a dent in your offense though. Especially with Domenic Rhodes a FA as well.

Losing James and Tripplett is just the start. This is going to be a tough year.

Rhodes is not a free agent. They signed him to a two year deal last season.

BelichickFan said:
Manning next year :

"I'm going to try to be a good teammate here . . . but let's just say our running game is having problems".
Nail, head, hit right on. :rofl:

Brady'sButtBoy said:
What a maroon. I can dig the draw of the biggest money but Edge is doomed to grinding in the vacant anonymity of a half empty hell-fired cavern. James always struck me as a real competitive type and he must have bought into the building a champion bull but unless the sea parts and Moses joins the team, James will never see anything close to an NFC championship game in his career at AZ.

He could have taken 80% of this contract, still making him filthy rich, and played for a real SB threat. Some guys just don't care that much about being a world champ - be so glad we have TB!!!!!! :D :D :D
He probably has a better chance to get to the Super Bowl with the Cardinals than he did with the Colts. The NFC is much weaker and Peyton always blew it. Time for a change and he went to an organization with some potential. Now if they can get a QB they will be a legitimate contender.

Really not hard to see the Cards go 10-6, though 9-7 seems more likely. Getting Edge out of Indy is as good as getting Givens to Denver (mentioned in the Denver media) would be bad.

Wow, just when I thought the disctinct possibility of losing Adam would get me down I get a bit of a pick me up.

And the better news is I like the Cardinals.

t1_manning_ap_01.jpg

Peyton after he heard that Edge signed with AZ.

PATSNUTme said:
t1_manning_ap_01.jpg

Peyton after he heard that Edge signed with AZ.

What? He had someone pour water on his neck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST