PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Other NFL week 12 games

Yeah the Bears are definitely taking QB at one. Have not seen enough from Fields to justify passing on a "generational talent".

Patriots have the easier sos over the Cards. Both tied at two losses. Need AZ to win at least one more game for breathing room. At that point, it would take at least two more NE losses, with AZ losing out, for the Cards to jump ahead to the two slot.

At two, there is zero risk of a team jumping NE for Williams/Maye. If the Patriots are at three, that could be problematic.

Yeah the Bears are definitely taking QB at one. Have not seen enough from Fields to justify passing on a "generational talent".

Patriots have the easier sos over the Cards. Both tied at two losses. Need AZ to win at least one more game for breathing room. At that point, it would take at least two more NE losses, with AZ losing out, for the Cards to jump ahead to the two slot.

At two, there is zero risk of a team jumping NE for Williams/Maye. If the Patriots are at three, that could be problematic.
Something Tells me draft Marvin Harrison JR then trade back up for a QB, McCarthy, Daniel’s, Nix.

Getting a franchise QB and WR would be incredible.
If we get a second or third for Bills rights and can use that pick to move back up for another blue chip player would be everything.

They def would trade 1 have someone leapfrog us for a QB.
My guess Bears Go QB then Marvin Harrison JR.
I think Chicago would be crazy to trade the #2 OA. Assuming they got it. Walking away with Williams and MHJ sets your franchise up for the next 10 years or so.

As it stands, it appears unlikely that will be an issue. One more Chicago win will essentially guarantee NE gets one of Williams, Maye, or MHJ.

Something Tells me draft Marvin Harrison JR then trade back up for a QB, McCarthy, Daniel’s, Nix.

Getting a franchise QB and WR would be incredible.
If we get a second or third for Bills rights and can use that pick to move back up for another blue chip player would be everything.
I wonder if Kraft will tell the GM to pick whoever is left of Williams/Maye at two. No taking MHJ and risking not getting the best guy.

As great as MHJ will be, his value is dependent upon who the QB is. Whereas a stud QB doesn't necessarily need a HOF talent receiver to succeed.

Last edited:
I wonder if Kraft will tell the GM to pick whoever is left of Williams/Maye at two. No taking MHJ and risking not getting the best guy.

As great as MHJ will be, his value is dependent upon who the QB is. Whereas a stud QB doesn't necessarily need a HOF talent receiver to succeed.
One of McCarthy,Nix,Daniels will be there at the end of first round or even in the second.

One of McCarthy,Nix,Daniels will be there at the end of first round or even in the second.
I don't follow college too closely. But are they projected to be as good as Maye?

Do they have a comparable to a current NFL QB?

I know of Nix somewhat. Not the other guys.

Cardinals have a QB though, Murray looks solid after the coaching change. If Cards are at 2 and Pats at 3 I could see Pats trading up 1 spot. Cards can still take MHJ for Kyler and also pick up something else. I’m not sure what the draft capital would need to be to move one slot. Hopefully it isn’t even needed.

Carolina also fired their coach which often times leads to a couple short term wins. Maybe we get lucky there. Their remaining schedule is Bucs, Saints, Falcons, Packers, Jags, Bucs. Mostly lower end teams. If Carolina gets a bit of a spark they can get a couple wins there.

Last edited:
Cardinals have a QB though, Murray looks solid after the coaching change. If Cards are at 2 and Pats at 3 I could see Pats trading up 1 spot. Cards can still take MHJ for Kyler and also pick up something else. I’m not sure what the draft capital would need to be to move one slot. Hopefully it isn’t even needed.

Carolina also fired their coach which often times leads to a couple short term wins. Maybe we get lucky there. Their remaining schedule is Bucs, Saints, Falcons, Packers, Jags, Bucs. Mostly lower end teams. If Carolina gets a bit of a spark they can get a couple wins there.
Could the bears not select a QB?

Does it makes sense for the bears to keep developing Fields and draft MHJ and a OT for example?

Could the bears not select a QB?

Does it makes sense for the bears to keep developing Fields and draft MHJ and a OT for example?
Seems doubtful. Fields looks OK but the promise of the number one overall QB will be much higher. They can flip Fields for a 2nd or couple 3rds to a team like the Bucs.

I don't follow college too closely. But are they projected to be as good as Maye?

Do they have a comparable to a current NFL QB?

I know of Nix somewhat. Not the other guys.
I actually spent hours looking at the top college QB's. I've looked at so much video, timing 10+yard outs and checking deep passes and how much is on a line vs a rainbow etc. I even made sure to watch every throw in their worst game. Pats season is lost might as well get excited about something LOL.

Maye and Willimas are the only 2 that would start in year 1.
Jayden Daniels is #3 IMO, potential to be Lamar Jackson light, if he starts year 1 would be OK due to scrambling ability but might struggle in the pocket as he needs some work there but his improvement this year makes me think the guy might improve enough to become a good NFL starter.
Penix has incredible arm strength, is older and has an injury history but has an NFL arm. Too many red flags but 4th best on tape.
Sanders is probably not coming out but would be in the mix.

After that it is a crap shoot and a bunch of JAG players on tape with some potential if everything goes right and they improve.
Nix has a pop gun arm and throws to wide open receivers. Has bust written all over him.
The only guy I see as a can't miss is Maye. Williams is close but concerns about leadership skills, maturity and physical stature,

If you miss on top 2 then Daniels is the only other one to maybe get excited about. Otherwise, would be a complete crap shoot.

I actually spent hours looking at the top college QB's. I've looked at so much video, timing 10+yard outs and checking deep passes and how much is on a line vs a rainbow etc. I even made sure to watch every throw in their worst game. Pats season is lost might as well get excited about something LOL.

Maye and Willimas are the only 2 that would start in year 1.
Jayden Daniels is #3 IMO, potential to be Lamar Jackson light, if he starts year 1 would be OK due to scrambling ability but might struggle in the pocket as he needs some work there but his improvement this year makes me think the guy might improve enough to become a good NFL starter.
Penix has incredible arm strength, is older and has an injury history but has an NFL arm. Too many red flags but 4th best on tape.
Sanders is probably not coming out but would be in the mix.

After that it is a crap shoot and a bunch of JAG players on tape with some potential if everything goes right and they improve.
Nix has a pop gun arm and throws to wide open receivers. Has bust written all over him.
The only guy I see as a can't miss is Maye. Williams is close but concerns about leadership skills, maturity and physical stature,

If you miss on top 2 then Daniels is the only other one to maybe get excited about. Otherwise, would be a complete crap shoot.
I'm beginning to wonder if Maye will go ahead of Williams now. Bill Simmons podcast mentioned that Williams is no longer the sure bet to go one. He struggles against pressure more than preferred.

Lawrence was the last can't miss prospect. Not quite Luck/Manning hype, but a tier just below that. And Lawrence has been good. Even very good at times. Worthy of 1st oa. But he has yet to hit that top tier level where guys like Mahomes and Burrow stand.

Draft is certainly a crapshoot. Your analysis was very informative. Much appreciated!!

I think Chicago would be crazy to trade the #2 OA. Assuming they got it. Walking away with Williams and MHJ sets your franchise up for the next 10 years or so.

As it stands, it appears unlikely that will be an issue. One more Chicago win will essentially guarantee NE gets one of Williams, Maye, or MHJ.

IDK, it depends where their picks are and what is being offered. They could really build a talented young team with a few more first rounders. If they could trade one of their two firsts down still in the top five or lower part of the top 10, they could get either Williams or Maye, possibly Alt, and then another first or two to build a powerhouse that would all be under contract for at least another 4-6 six years.

Having one of the top QB and Harrison is tempting, but if they can get the top QB, a stud LT, and a lesser WR but a potential stud may make them more likely to be a contender. They already DJ Moore. So it isn't like they are hurting for a top level #1 WR. Moore is on track for over 1,400 yards even with Fields not being a great passer.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to wonder if Maye will go ahead of Williams now. Bill Simmons podcast mentioned that Williams is no longer the sure bet to go one. He struggles against pressure more than preferred.

Lawrence was the last can't miss prospect. Not quite Luck/Manning hype, but a tier just below that. And Lawrence has been good. Even very good at times. Worthy of 1st oa. But he has yet to hit that top tier level where guys like Mahomes and Burrow stand.

Draft is certainly a crapshoot. Your analysis was very informative. Much appreciated!!

I think there are questions about Williams' emotional maturity. We are witnessing first hand in New England what can happen with a QB who cannot handle the pressure. Obviously his height is a question mark too. I don't think either are enough to knock Williams out of the top 3-5 picks especially in a QB starving league. But I could see him dropping below Maye.

With QBs you see a lot of movement in where they are ranked in mock drafts in the first quarter of the year. In 2021, guys like Fields, Mac, and Lance were considered late first round or second round picks in January and all went early in the draft.

But if the the 2021 draft was redone today, none of the first round QBs other than Lawrence would be drafted in the first. And it is unlikely Lawrence would be drafted first overall.

If Williams measure 6 feet or under, I think Maye goes first but depends somewhat on what the team drafting value in a QB.
When I watched Maye I said "Wow' after a throw many times, didn't do that for anybody else.

I expect Quinn Ewers to stay as he could be a top pick in 2025 with another year of improvement but if he does come out and has a good combine, he could end up #3 QB this year. He's a wild card as he could go top 5 in the first round all the way to top 5 in the second round. I think he stays another year to boost his stock but if NFL scouts indicate he's a top 10 pick he might come out and at least there would be another option after the top 2 and Daniels.

Id be totally fine with Harrison jr at that spot. We can either get a qb at 35 Or just wait till 2025 to address that and sign a placeholder. Barring multiple things lining up perfectly this offseason, this rebuild will take a couple years minimum. Doubt we get a Wr1 and qb in the same offseason so to me it doesnt matter which comes first.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back