PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 4 discussion: Pats @ Cowboys

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
The online books have us at 6.5-7 point underdogs for this one.

The Cowboys forum doesn't sound very optimistic lol. Guess that's understandable when you lose to the Cardinals.

Forgot they have Brandin Cooks. Really quiet start to the season for him just 4 catches for 39 yards.

1695649072981.png
I don't think he's watched the Pats this year. I wish this was true...

I like the psychology of a Pats team still feeling like they need to get better and prove something vs a Cows team that's going all Eeyore, woe is me.

Reactions: sb1
72bc57c629b0019a8f0d2e13be218c9f.jpg

Last edited:
I was a fan of the Cowboys back in the days of Dandy Don, Bob Lilly, Jethro Pugh, etc. Then their incessant tv overexposure for decades cured me but good.

Cowboys probably aren't the slam dunk for the NFC Championship game that people thought after a couple weeks, but this will still be a tough fight on the road. Hopefully Godchaux/Ekuale weren't hurt bad, and getting Jon Jones would be a big help here. Gonzalez has shown he can hang, but need more than Bryant and Wade to consistently cover Gallup/Cooks.

On offense, no Diggs helps a LOT. Big key will be keeping Parsons from blowing the game up, which is easier said than done. Having the same starting OL for two weeks in a row would be a good first step to that. Hoping for some continuity there, and maybe a smidge of FU from Elliot going into this one.

I read Parsons was banged up in the game but I guess it wasn't too serious.

Expecting a big game from Mac. Who knows, JuJu may even start trying for once.

The Patriots are averaging about 17 points a game and i see no reason for them to suddenly have a massive outburst, the offense sucked yesterday and has sucked all season.

They are who they are many chances do you want to close out a mediocre Jets team and fail to get a first down?

We've all seen this movie before the defense will keep them in the game and they'll tease you into the 4th quarter, Mac will likely have the ball with a chance to tie the game or take the lead and won't then we'll have Moral Victory Monday.

The bottom line is the Patriots are basically needing to find an extra touchdown a game from somewhere if they want to start beating these playoff teams, they've been close but they need to start hitting the mid 20s and until that changes it's hard to see the results change, it could change as a one off if they get a defensive score or special teams play but consistently this is a team who doesn't score enough points.

In the last game of our brutal opening 4 game stretch, it will be very telling about how we perform.
Cowboys looked very flat vs. Cards. It gives me some hope, but we're going to have to unleash everything we have on offense.
No more slow-playing the scheme. It's time to go. If we find a way to win this one, everything will be different going forward.

I think it’ll be tight. As our offence likely won’t get to 20 pts we may need the D or ST to get a score.

Highlights from the week 6 game in 2021

Great response by Mac to his pick 6. At least he doesn't have to worry about Diggs this time.

Not so great by the defense in the last 2 minutes with the lead giving up a 4th and 4 conversion then giving up 24 yards on a 3rd and 25 to put them back in FG range :rolleyes: I don't think something like that will happen again.

Not sure how this offense scores enough points. If the O-line can suddenly gel and block one of the better d-lines in football??
Where do the Pats have an advantage? Coaching? Defensive backfield? Cowboys O-line is also one of the best in the league.

The bad news is the Pats will be wearing their blueberry pajama's again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back