PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 4 discussion: Pats @ Cowboys

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will win. Simply because I will be in the house.

Statement game. World expects the pats to try to do what Zona did but instead Mac comes out firing and the cowboys struggle to adjust.

No, I haven't started drinking...yet.
I expect the opposite. The Patriots will come out running the ball because they know Mac can't carry the offense. Our success will depend on keeping Dak Prescott off the field for as long as possible. Limit the Cowboy's possessions, play the field position game, and try to hang around with our defense playing tough and hopefully kicking a game winning field goal late in the game.

The Cowboys have the #2 passing defense in the league. This is not the game for Mac Jones to try to be aggressive. Instead he has to be a good game manager, hand off the ball, limit turnovers, and try to get lucky on a few play actions like he did with Pharoah Brown against the Jets.

Rham looks like a slow battering ram so far this year. Zeke runs with way more pop in his step. Rham needs to stop hanging with molasses slow Juju his slowness is rubbing off on him.
I have thought since spring that he is injured. He is shy of contact this year, waits around for the hole to appear. Last year he seemed at times almost too eager for contact. He seems a person of sound character, not the sort who would dog it in order to press for a better contract. So in my mind, that leaves only injury as the explanation. I understand the o-line is marginal, but that need not prevent him from banging in there to get all he can, as he did last year when the hole was iffy. The O-line play does not in any case prevent Zeke from running aggressively.

McCarthy is a dope who will be fired by mid-season. We have a big coaching edge here.

Last edited:

That meme just won't go away.

Poor guy never knew what hit him. Tens of millions of views right out of the blue. Instant internet fame.

Allright folks.. down to the important question?

You think the Pats can at a minimum cover the spread against the Dallas. Thinking of putting down a couple thousand on them.

You think the Pats can at a minimum cover the spread against the Dallas. Thinking of putting down a couple thousand on them.
I think they'll cover, but the last time I placed a bet was at the old Pownal, Vt racetrack back in the 70's when they ran horses. If I had $2000 to toss around, I'd buy my wife a vicuna, so I might not be the one to ask.

iu

Do it

I think they'll cover, but the last time I placed a bet was at the old Pownal, Vt racetrack back in the 70's when they ran horses. If I had $2000 to toss around, I'd buy my wife a vicuna, so I might not be the one to ask.

iu

Pretty cute. Are they like Alpacas or Llamas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back