PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Its official: Chad Ochocinco dealt to Pats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: This analyst LOVES the Ochocinco trade

Unbelievable. That Kid sounds amazingly professional

BIIIILL, BIIILL!

That kid is something else.

Awful editing!

At least cut out the parts where he turns the camera off!

But I am impressed with the confidence he speaks with!

Re: Its official Ocho dealt to Pats! 3 Year deal

Very happy with this!

Even with the 'brand' of Ochocinco, I have respected him! Can't wait for this :D

Pats gave up 5th rounder next year & 6th rounder in 2013.

Basically nothing.

BB will move around in the draft and pick up those picks or they will be NEs original picks late in each round. BB fleeced Mike Brown like Al Davis.

Now let's bring back Chad Jackson and go 19-0.

Basically nothing.

BB will move around in the draft and pick up those picks or they will be NEs original picks late in each round. BB fleeced Mike Brown like Al Davis.

And possibly Dan Synder! :D

I think this pushes Tate into his committed role as a KR. After the Moss trade Tate had his opportunities to step up and was pretty adequate. He made a nice move in the Detroit game for a long TD on a scramble play, but he bobbled and dropped passes he should have caught, and struggled to consistently deliver. His roster spot is safe as a ST ace. Edelman is no slouch either and delivered in 2009 when Welker went down. I feel bad for Price... even if he's a star in the making, we'll never know with this much talent ahead of him.

The idea of Branch, Welker and Chad with Gronk and Woodhead in the shotgun makes me smile. Brady scanning the field. So dangerous. And that's even with Hernandez sitting on the bench.

Price has shown almost nothing. He is less ready than Tate and thats saying something. It would have been suicide to trust him in Ochos spot this season.

He can learn and develop behind a proven guy like Johnson.

Price has shown almost nothing. He is less ready than Tate and thats saying something. It would have been suicide to trust him in Ochos spot this season.

Bridge player?? this is a great move, low risk and very possibly high reward.

Tate and Price need to figure it out quickly...

Love it!!
Ocho can play and he's never been a "cancer" on a team.
This should be fun. :D

Ocho can kick field goals and kickoff for us ahaha

Double Threat:p;)

It would be cool of Hernandez not to hold Chad hostage on a Jersey #

Ocho would throw a pricey car @ him if he had to. I prefer the latter option.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chad threw him a gift (money or otherwise) even if Aaron just gave it to him. Chad goes out and gets fined just for the chuckles, so we know that money isn't the most important thing for this guy.

I've always liked Chad, as Ive posted many times before.

But I'm wondering why suddenly all the people who said Do.Not.Want. have vanished? lol :D Just playing yall, enjoy.

Love this move.

I think after the Randy Moss era everybody, including most of the sports media, is getting overly infatuated with establishing a 'deep threat'.

Chad is a great route runner, brave enough to go over the middle and a student of the game - him and Brady will have fun bouncing idea's off each other during the game.

I expect the self promotion to die off almost completely - Chad has stated as much, that he doesn't require all the superfluous stuff if he is fully engaged in his primary employment - winning football games.

This brings back memories of Corey Dillon and the redemption he must have felt when the Patriots crushed the Steelers in the AFCCG in 2004.

A lifetime of coming second best to the bullies of the AFCN - suddenly made gloriously irrelevant.

2011/2 - The year of redemption.

From reports, they may already have them in Moore, Cunningham and Carter... :eek:

Totally agree on this. If they can get max production with the addition of Haynesworth the LB's should be able to penetrate a lot easier.

Price looked damn good in the 2nd Miami game, I dont think "almost nothing" fits with what he did that game.

Actually it's NOT official.
Neither trade is complete and neither player is a Patriot as of 9:48 AM Friday.

I like both these moves. Low risk with only late round draft picks given up and we all know BB isn't afraid to cut losses if its not working out or if a player becomes a lockerroom cancer....or, more accurately, gives signs that he is starting to become a cancer..
I am a bit concerned about AH's attitude and condititioning, but I also assume BB has thought that through.
A modest proposal...AH doesn't like the 3-4 (so I have read.) So, lets go with a 2-5...Big Vince and AH being the 2! I bet we see that at some point this year... LOL.

Regarding Ochocinco, I can't believe that people are talking about the need to stretch the field...I thought last year showed that to be a fallacy. And as has been pointed out on this board repeatedly, who "stretched the field" for the Pats during the 3 Super Bowl years. I didn't feel, like some on this board and in the media, that the WR position needed upgrading, but I like this move, given the price.

Actually it's NOT official.
Neither trade is complete and neither player is a Patriot as of 9:48 AM Friday.

Don't know how official it is or isn't, but EEI is broadcasting from Gillette and those guys just said that Chad is on the field talking to Brady and the coaches.

Last edited:

Don't know how official it is or isn't, but EEI is broadcasting from Gillette and thoses guys just said that Chad is on the field talking to Brady and the coaches.

BB said it's NOT official. There are things that must happen with each trade. Until then and if, they're NOT on the team and cannot take the field to practice. And if either restructures to join the team they can't take the field to play until 4 Aug.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference