PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Its official: Chad Ochocinco dealt to Pats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Its official Ocho dealt to Pats! 3 Year deal

NFL network guys: "Can he keep his mouth shut for 3 years in NE?"

It's a valid question....

Wow, Ocho and Haynesworth. What a test of the locker room and BB's system! One is a notorious malcontent and slacker, one is a media whore. If BB can get these 2 to toe the line and actually use their amazing talents, this could be quite a ride.

then he would deserves another COY award just for successfully doing this.

I’m not a fan of the haynsworth move, and I will hate it if/when we have to guarantee his whole year salary, at least with Dillion and Moss, I can understand losing gets to you, this guy seems like a tool!

Alberts contract is not Guaranteed for 2011 because he didn't report to camp on time last year. So if it doesn't work out they aren't on the hook for anything.

Given the alternatives (clearly declining Stroud, G. Warren, Brace), why is giving up a 5th two years down the road too much of a risk?

I think it was Mark Schlereth on ESPN who said:

"The Patriots gave up one of their 47 5th-round draft choices,that they will have accumulated by 2013."

Sorry, but no, we all don't agree on that.. But thanks for trying to speak for everyone...

Chad is still a threat as a pass catcher. If you believe otherwise, so be it. The Pats have a full arsenal now of weapons for Brady and should be able to over-come just about any injury to their receiving corps.

You're right. I shouldn't be speaking for everyone. I don't believe that he can stretch the field and I think he's going to struggle to get separation. Just my thoughts.

I was so excited and surprised this morning when I sat down after an early start at work and found the news about Haynesworth. What a wonderful day, I says to myself.

So I spend the rest of the day getting things done, make supper for me and the kid, and sit down here to see what other interesting news there might be, and find out that Ochocinco is now a Patriot.

My my.... somebody pinch me! You gotta know that not only are this years opponents now going to have to order an extra case of Maalox, but the bookies in Vegas are gonna have a lot of extra fun setting the vig .

I haven't been this excited about a season starting since, well..... I dunno.

I'm Ready For Some Football!

So who would be the odd man out? Tate, Price, or Branch? None of them?

I doubt even Belichick has much of an idea yet, but if I had to take a shot in the dark I'd say Tate. I also wouldn't rule Edelman out.

I think it was Mark Schlereth on ESPN who said:

"The Patriots gave up one of their 47 5th-round draft choices,that they will have accumulated by 2013."

Heh......... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

NFL network guys: "Can he keep his mouth shut for 3 years in NE?"

It's a valid question....

Wow, Ocho and Haynesworth. What a test of the locker room and BB's system! One is a notorious malcontent and slacker, one is a media whore. If BB can get these 2 to toe the line and actually use their amazing talents, this could be quite a ride.

Has ocho ever not used his amazing talents? I feel like I must be missing something, because he really doesn't strike me as a head case at all. He's a bit of a self-promoter, and he may be told to reign that in a bit. Then again, he may not. Who knows? I'm sure Belichick has a plan, and I'm willing to bet that Ocho will follow that plan without much incident.

Even the fact that he borderline shot his way out of Cincy can't really be used against him, considering that Carson Palmer is generally considered to be a great guy and is trying to do the exact same thing.

Yardbarker: New England Patriots | Chad Ochocino Says Playing for Patriots Would Make Him 'Happiest Player in the World'
"To be able to play for an organization like [the Patriots], I'd be the happiest player in the world," Ochocinco recently told David Portnoy
"A lot of people say my style of play would be weird in that system, but the thing they don't realize is that I don't have to be Chad Johnson. I [wouldn't] have to be Ochocino in the media, because I'm finally getting what I've wanted. Winning. Winning,"

I love these moves.. and people were whining about a boring off season.

Now we need Matt Light in the fold..

My take on a few things in this thread:

Ability:
He may not be the deep threat Moss was in 07, however he can run just about every route, people who know more than I do attest to that. He can run a lot of the lateral routes and then get separation, that much has not changed. You could see that in games last year.

Desire:
He has said for a long time that he wanted to play here. BB has often called him one of the smartest wr's in the league. This is a match made in heaven from that respect.

Twitter:
Plenty of Pats players have twitter. Now they do not use it to the extent that 85 does but I remember Darius Butler getting into an exchange with him before week 1 last year and it was all in good fun. BB never made Darius eliminate his account.

A bet here that Chad Johnson's Patriots jersey will be the biggest seller this year,possibly of all teams....or Ochocinco if he sticks to that crap.
Yikes, I was referring to Haynesworth not Ocho. That's what I thought DefenseRules was talking about.

I will probably get Ocho's jersey. Love him.

Looks like they went scheme fit. Very cool.

I've been saying for a while now that Ochocinco to the Pats made a LOT of sense. He's still a very physically gifted WR who can run all the routes, isn't afraid to go over the middle, is very smart, has a great work ethic, and most of all is on the same page with BB. I think we are going to see some stellar production from Chad at least in the short term. I hear he's getting a 3 year deal. This offense is now officially STACKED! Can't wait for news on the Light resigning and the Mankins extension. Can this Pats team possibly break the records set by our 2007 team?? :eek:

Last edited:

Yikes, I was referring to Haynesworth not Ocho. That's what I thought DefenseRules was talking about.

I will probably get Ocho's jersey. Love him.

I was referring to Haynesworth. I love the Ocho trade. The Haynesworth deal leaves me hopeful and worried at the same time.

I've been saying for a while now that Ochocinco to the Pats made a LOT of sense. He's still a very physically gifted WR who can run all the routes, isn't afraid to go over the middle, is very smart, has a great work ethic, and most of all is on the same page with BB. I think we are going to see some stellar production from Chad at least in the short term. I hear he's getting a 3 year deal. This offense is now officially STACKED! Can't wait for news on the Light resigning and the Mankins extension. Can this Pats team possibly break the records set by our 2007 team?? :eek:

While not a real vertical threat, he still command respect laterally. This unfortunately is going to make someone dispensable. I'm afraid it'll be a surprise trade or cut.

Definitely not.

That team was pass, pass, and more pass. This team will run the ball more as it worked well with BJGE.

Speaking of which, what's the word on BJGE? I haven't heard anything about his contract situation.

I remember back in the 80's when Johnny Most used to have lots of bad things to say about Dennis Johnson when he played in Seattle. Felt he was a dirty player, etc. Then when he got traded to the Celtics, someone asked Most how he felt about Dennis Johnson now and he said "somehow I feel Dennis has become a warm caring, nice player".

That's how I feel about the Pats getting Ocho. I did not care for his antics, his celebrations, his self-promotion, his childishness, etc. Now my view has totally changed, now he's a fun-loving guy who gives his all between the lines.

I was referring to Haynesworth. I love the Ocho trade. The Haynesworth deal leaves me hopeful and worried at the same time.

Not trying to hijack the thread but I think this quote sums up my feelings about the haynesworth trade prefectly.

I think ocho, while not the player he used to be, instantly upgrades the wr position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes