PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's early...but should we be concerned with how close these games have become in the 4th quarter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This defense reminds me of the Colts defenses during Manning's reign in Indy.

That certainly is the fear, but NE's DTs and LBs are significantly better than anyone Indy was trotting out there back then. You have to give Indy the edge on the edge, but NE has much better depth. Even if you call them even in the secondary (I'm not sure I would), the comparison isn't quite as dead on as people feared a few months ago. If anything, the better comp would be the 2007 Giants, with less proven pass rushers but a better back seven.

I hope we get back Easley for the Dallas game. Hope he can give us an interior rush.

I hope we get back Easley for the Dallas game. Hope he can give us an interior rush.

He could very well be ready for the Jacksonville game (2 weeks is long since up), hell, he's already back at practice.

It's possible they sit him out for the extra rest, because he's probably not needed, but I think he'll be just fine for Dallas.

Certainly not for the Pitt game, I think buffalo was more about poor play calling by the pats offense late. It's early, maybe if it happens week 5 after the bye week them it might be a concern

Anyone who wants to look at truly legit concerns can just look at the CB position. That's the likely Achilles heel, as of now, and that's the case regardless of what quarter the game is in.

Good point. And to be frank, I don't understand why, after enlisting elite talent to improve our secondary last year, Bill would think that using spare parts would suffice now. Not to mention there's almost no depth at the CB position, in case either Butler or Brown gets injured.

Give it some time. DBs are new together have to gel. No Revis and Browner, took away alot and we're askin our DBs to fill their void. As for Fletcher, Was hoping a change and a fresh start would rejuvinate him but jury is still out on him although executioners are lining up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST