PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It isn't over unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It isn't over unfortunately.

Where is the FootballFanetic?:D

Overracting? Doubtful! There have been several media sources who have been spinning everything to make the Patriots look guilty of something. Whether it is convicting of them of Matt Walsh's videotape of the walkthrough or accusing the Patriots of slandering Walsh to destroy his credibility because they have the goods to writing an article that the rules committee basically spend all their time making rules to stop the Patriots from cheating.

Sorry, there is a concerted effort for some areas of the media to bury the Patriots. It isn't paranoia either. Even Stacey James of the Patriots called the NYT on that aspect.

They can't spin you Rob if you won't spin. Just stop being such a gullible and hysteria prone nancy nervous. It's over. The media will continue to spin for a while because the alternative for them, like Tomase, is not pleasant.

I will bust a gut laughing at anyone who tries to make this a story.

i'll pass out in disbelief if someone DOESN'T try to make this a story...we went through the looking glass in September and we've been in Wonderland ever since...

From PFT:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008...hrough-to-pats-assistant-coach/#comment-28671

If you think that ESPN and the NYT won't spin this information into new evidence of cheating, you are kidding yourself. If you don't think Specter will use this to keep his crusade going, you are naive.

What walk through? People who were there say there wasn't one. Florio reported that last week. Too bad Mr. Blog can't keep his stories straight.

This Is not A Story At All...just Digging Deep For Anything

does walsh know what a "tight end" is ?

If this thing is not over, Goodell needs to go because he stirs thing up. The longer this thing goes, the more he screws up. I can't believe that he threw BB and Pats reputation under his bus.

As a Pats fan, i feel that our coach and team have been USED for 8 months. WTF.???

i'm in the tank for the Pats, but I have never believed BB's "misinterpretation" spin, especially in the context of the 2006 memo. i understand why he used that defense and I regard it as a reasonable ploy on his part, but i've never believed it. i gave him a "pass" on this because of the totality of what he has accomplished for the Pats and because of the media frenzy that surrounded him.

(BTW, my comment doesn't change the fact that I think you are otherwise right about Goodell. I suspect his tenure as Commissioner will be a short one, especially if there are CBA problems.)

Last edited:

Hopefully the media will come up with something else to hang onto.

The Rams should lose a first round pick for being so stupid as to have an open walk-through - or a closed one with no security.

Is there an allegation that Belichick ordered Walsh to be there? Or is this simply a situation where Walsh acted on his own, just as he did when illegally taping Pioli and other Patriots personnel that led to his firing, and current status as an untrustworthy former disgruntled employee?

Seems to me that there should be a media attack on the Jets.

Let's see.

1: A current JETS coach is the one that started this by complaining about an on field Pats employee with a camera. Note that he was a former Pats coach,too.

2: Another current JETS coach was there when Walsh was there setting up equipment and was told about a Rams player and kickoff return play. Note that he was a former Pats coach too.

3: The entire cameragate situation was continued by the current commissioner of the NFL who is also a former JETS employee.

Is there a pattern here? What is the constant word that keeps popping up.

They can't spin you Rob if you won't spin. Just stop being such a gullible and hysteria prone nancy nervous. It's over. The media will continue to spin for a while because the alternative for them, like Tomase, is not pleasant.

I know I am a brilliant poster, but I don't think the NYT reads this message board to see what I write and then write their articles to respond to it.

I may be too cynical, but I have watched too much manufacturing of controversy by media personnel and a certain Senator to not be skeptical to where this little snippet of information is going.

The media has been very successful in damning the Patriots based on the illusion of cheating without any evidence to support it. Look at the wave of stories about videotaping offensive signals was new examples of cheating that happened this weekend.

Is it safe to assume the NFL is handing over a copy of the tapes to Spectre, or has that already been stated? Because with the tapes, it seems the worst thing Spectre could come up with is the NFL objectifying women and trying to get any team with cheerleaders in trouble. Excepting, of course, his home state Pittsburgh Steelers haha.

Walsh was there in an official capacity and was not hiding the fact that he was employed by the Patriots.

Telling his employers what he saw with his own two eyes while he was there is not against the rules, and anyone who says it is will just appear foolish.

Yes because ESPN has showed in the past week that they care about looking foolish. I think that was the OP's point. :D

how beneficial was that info? uhhhhhh faulk doing a kickoff and a tight end moving funny. smoking gun there indeed :D
espn and the rest of the haters wont let that get in there way

You can see what sites care the most...ESPN has full headlines and side stories. CNNSI has Peter King's stuff, and a story about Belichick, Mayo (USC) and Clemens (BTW, which of these is not like the other?), and CBSSportsline only has a blurb about it (as of now).

Eventually, people will HAVE to notice that ESPN is trying to keep the story alive when it should be dead.

...um, right?

I will bust a gut laughing at anyone who tries to make this a story.

Check the front page of the Boston Heralds website. Wait, who is it? Our boy Tomasse. Let the gut busting begin.

Which is why I think Senator Specter delayed his press conference until tomorrow...to put the proverbial finger in the wind to gauge the politics of it. If he thinks it is in the "it's over" camp, he will go that way. If he thinks that there's hay to be made, he'll continue on his crusade. He is nothing if not a shrewd politician.
I also think one reason that Goodell's meeting with Walsh went way long was to own the 24 hour news cycle. They knew that if Walsh didn't eave NYC until noon for a meeting with Senator Specter, there is no way that they could complete it and have a press conference in time for the evening news. Thus, the NFL gets their message out today and relegates the good Senator until tomorrow...
Pretty cynical view but......

does walsh know what a "tight end" is ?

No.....but he is going to find out what a "loose end" is after BB and the Pats get done *%#!ing him!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST