PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It’s official Rogers traded to the Jets !

Carr numbers are significantly better than Bledsoe's. You realize Bledsoe was the #1 overall pick in the draft? Carr was a 2nd rounder. Bledsoe should have been better. He wasn't.
significantly better? basically Carr plays in the pass happy era where the defense is deliberately put at a disadvantage... Bledsoe didn't.

I urge you to go watch some 90's Patriots football before making such sweeping statements... There are a ton of full games available...

if Bledsoe played today? He'd be the Patriots version of the dude in barfalo... and Carr would still suck

tylenol-advil-decisions-meme-matrix-resurrections.jpg
Advil helps me more than Tylenol

Carr numbers are significantly better than Bledsoe's. You realize Bledsoe was the #1 overall pick in the draft? Carr was a 2nd rounder. Bledsoe should have been better. He wasn't.

Bledsoe was one of the top QBs of the late nineties. He wasn't among the elite, but he was top 5 most of those years. Bledsoe's problem was the game got too fast and his style of QB play became obsolete. He thrived in an era where QBs took 7 step drops and hucked the ball down the field after 3-5 seconds. If you look at the stats every year in the late nineties, he was always top 3-6 in yards and TDs.

And you cannot compare Bledsoe's numbers to Carr's. Totally a different era. Back when Bledsoe played, many or most teams relied heavily on their RBs and many teams were run first teams. And back then you could play defenses and you didn't have half the league scoring 30 something points a game every week.

Since when do YOU define what makes a fan?

I'd say being a 29-year Patriots season ticket holder qualifies me for a PhD. in that subject.

Approach it however you want and I'll do it my way. You seem to believe diluting your outlook and imagining fanciful endings is "fun."

No. Maintaining a positive outlook, hoping for the best and letting things play out sans gloom-and-doom prognosticating is what's fun.

Maybe the Panthers or Commanders will somehow cobble together a season like the 2001 Patriots too. But practically speaking, it's extremely doubtful.

Your problem, bolded above.

You don't speak for the collective forum either. You think I'm a "sad waste of time" then put me on ignore and save yourself the trouble. Everyone else can make their own decisions.

I never claimed to represent the collective forum. But I do believe a good share of Patriots fans here agree with me re. your incessantly negative takes -- the righteous pursuit of "speaking practically" in service to extreme doubt. :(

Last edited:
I'd say being a 29-year Patriots season ticket holder qualifies me for a PhD. in that subject.

No. Maintaining a positive outlook, hoping for the best and letting things play out sans gloom-and-doom prognosticating is what's fun.

I never claimed to speak for the collective forum. But I do believe a good share of Patriots fans here agree with me re. your incessantly negative takes -- the righteous pursuit of "speaking practically" in service to extreme doubt. :(
TUNESCRIBE!!!
Freak Out Reaction GIF by Jimmy Conrad

Could more Lily photos be posted, please. This is a football forum after all.

Yep; instead we have one group of "fans" proclaiming their superiority over other "fans" because they disagree with them.
Talk about the truly Miserable...

Last edited:
I guess we should all agree being miserable and unhappy is the way to go, optimism needs to be stamped out.

I guess we should all agree being miserable and unhappy is the way to go, optimism needs to be stamped out.

"The Patriots will finish fourth in the division. They will not make the playoffs. Mac does not have what it takes. Belichick should and will be fired. There is no hope. No hope at all. Anyone thinking otherwise is a delusional homer."

-- Realistic Fan Who Sucks (RFWS)

"The Patriots will finish fourth in the division. They will not make the playoffs. Mac does not have what it takes. Belichick should and will be fired. There is no hope. No hope at all. Anyone thinking otherwise is a delusional homer."

-- Realistic Fan Who Sucks (RFWS)

star wars hate GIF

I urge you to go watch some 90's Patriots football before making such sweeping statements... There are a ton of full games available...
I have watched every game Bledsoe started in a Patriots uniform.

if Bledsoe played today? He'd be the Patriots version of the dude in barfalo... and Carr would still suck
Firstly, Carr doesn't suck. Secondly, comparing Bledsoe to Josh Allen is madness. Arm strength is where the similarities start and stop. Allen is superior at every other aspect of quarterbacking. Bledsoe is Joe Flacco minus the superlative postseason accomplishments, which btw is a major difference between the two. My biggest gripe with Bledsoe is his consistently putrid playoff performances. I suggest you go watch some Bledsoe postseason games. Woof!

Bledsoe was one of the top QBs of the late nineties. He wasn't among the elite, but he was top 5 most of those years. Bledsoe's problem was the game got too fast and his style of QB play became obsolete. He thrived in an era where QBs took 7 step drops and hucked the ball down the field after 3-5 seconds. If you look at the stats every year in the late nineties, he was always top 3-6 in yards and TDs.
Fortunately we can look these things up.

Bledsoe was top 6 in pass attempts 6 times.
Bledsoe was top 6 in passing yards 6 times.
Bledsoe was top 6 in passing TDs 3 times.
Bledsoe was top 6 in TD% 1 time.
Bledsoe was top 6 in INTs 5 times.
Bledsoe was top 6 in net yards gained per pass attempt 0 times.
Bledsoe was top 6 in adjusted net yards per pass attempt 0 times.

That list got a whole lot less impressive rather quickly.

And you cannot compare Bledsoe's numbers to Carr's. Totally a different era. Back when Bledsoe played, many or most teams relied heavily on their RBs and many teams were run first teams. And back then you could play defenses and you didn't have half the league scoring 30 something points a game every week.
I agree about the different eras and I take all of that into consideration. It's the case with every comparison... Brady vs Montana... Bradshaw vs Brees... Carr vs Bledsoe... I can pick the better QB in each of these. So can you.

Season tickets have been in my family since before I was born. I've been going to games since I was 3. That said, being a committed season ticket holder only means you're a "fan." It doesn't qualify someone as an expert on all things NEP. That goes for me and you or anyone else who wants to shove their tickets in someone's face like it's some sort of credibility badge.

You're defining what's fun now too? The omniscient board member.

It's a problem that I give the Panthers and Commanders very poor odds of miraculously winning the Super Bowl in 2023?

I never claimed to represent the collective forum.
You sort of did.

Season tickets have been in my family since before I was born. I've been going to games since I was 3. That said, being a committed season ticket holder only means you're a "fan." It doesn't qualify someone as an expert on all things NEP. That goes for me and you or anyone else who wants to shove their tickets in someone's face like it's some sort of credibility badge.

When did qualifying "as an expert on all things NEP" enter the equation? Your question was what qualified me to define what makes a fan and I answered it. Nothing was shoved in your face.

You're defining what's fun now too? The omniscient board member.

Not omniscience, just explaining for you what makes being a fan of this team fun vs. eternally finding fault with it and predicting failure (i.e., not fun). I mean, if you actually find such negative pursuits "fun," I feel sad for you.

It's a problem that I give the Panthers and Commanders very poor odds of miraculously winning the Super Bowl in 2023?

No, the problem is your general predilection for presuming to "speak practically" in service to extreme doubt.

You sort of did.

No, I didn't.

I never claimed to represent the collective forum. But I do believe a good share of Patriots fans here agree with me re. your incessantly negative takes -- the righteous pursuit of "speaking practically" in service to extreme doubt. :(
Good to know Tunescribe, this will be my 35th year. Who could’ve predicted the ride we would go on. Here’s to more.

Parrot with no examples

I shown examples.
Incorrect. Especially if they didnt screw with Brady before he signed his 2019 deal...2/50 for an MVP qb is chump change.

NOT incorrect. Again, you don't understand how contracts work. A 2 year deal signed in 2019 would have covered the 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 season. That means Brady would have had to sign another contract in the $25M range. It's really astounding how inept you really are.
Didnt you just say their defense is excellent? Whoops
You think theyll be good on offense now, but they didnt have above average skill players in 2021? LMAOOO Or a very good OLIne?

There's that lack of reading comprehension again. They were missing critical pieces in both years. If you aren't going to read, then you shouldn't respond.

Last edited:
I shown examples.
No you didnt
NOT incorrect. Again, you don't understand how contracts work. A 2 year deal signed in 2019 would have covered the 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 season. That means Brady would have had to sign another contract in the $25M range. It's really astounding how inept you really are.
And they couldve done that, or gave him an extension like the Bucs did. Pushing out his cap number into future years...If they wanted to make one last run at it, that was easily manageable. Whatever way you want to slice it, having a MVP caliber qb for 25 mil a year is cheap. They also didnt need to tag Thuney in 2020, knowing they were never going to sign him, or extend Chung in 2020...Both useless moves which couldve saved money...Both done after Brady was gone btw
There's that lack of reading comprehension again. They were missing critical pieces on both year. If you aren't going to read, then you should respond.
Its crazy how all of sudden these missing pieces really show up when the elite qb and offense isnt covering for all the weaknesses...Again, coincidence

BTW its tough to understand you when you cant type a coherent sentence

Last edited:
2/50 for an MVP qb is not expensive. You conveniently just assumed they wouldnt have added extra years like the Bucs did...for your argument only.

All you did was say there was no way around spreading the money around, like the Bucs did. Again, dishonest with yourself here

You have absolutely no clue WTF you're talking about. You keep harping on 2/50 but ignore the fact that your referring to a contract that started in 2019, NOT 2020. So it's not applicable.
Yes, An MVP qb is better then having Carl Davis and 2 bad offensive weapons....You thinking otherwise is the reason why youre in denial how all of a sudden the Patriots arent good anymore...What a big coincidence!

I'm not in denial of anything. You're the one who doesn't comprehend that the a Brady led offense in 2021 without having the money to spend would have been worse than the 2005 Brady Offense. You're the one ignoring the fact that Dmac wouldn't have been back there at Safety either so the defense would have severely been hampered People like you B***H about Brady not being into it in 2019 because of a supposed lack of offensive weapons. Brady would not have been the Tampa 2021 version like YOU think because he wouldn't have had the weapons at WR or at TE.

Maybe you should stop running your mouth spewing nonsense that shows your complete ineptitude and go learn the game beyond Fantasy Football. You have zero comprehension of how things are intertwined and just look at things in a vacuum.

You have absolutely no clue WTF you're talking about. You keep harping on 2/50 but ignore the fact that your referring to a contract that started in 2019, NOT 2020. So it's not applicable.
What? Brady signed with the Bucs in 2020, and then was extended in 2021.
I'm not in denial of anything. You're the one who doesn't comprehend that the a Brady led offense in 2021 without having the money to spend would have been worse than the 2005 Brady Offense. You're the one ignoring the fact that Dmac wouldn't have been back there at Safety either so the defense would have severely been hampered People like you B***H about Brady not being into it in 2019 because of a supposed lack of offensive weapons. Brady would not have been the Tampa 2021 version like YOU think because he wouldn't have had the weapons at WR or at TE.
You cannot prove who wouldve been on the roster, all that we know is that of the Guaranteed money they doled out in 2021, he wouldve been a fraction of it.
Maybe you should stop running your mouth spewing nonsense that shows your complete ineptitude and go learn the game beyond Fantasy Football. You have zero comprehension of how things are intertwined and just look at things in a vacuum.
Feel free to mute me, just like you pretended to earlier in the week. No need to derail this thread, you can respond in the one our other posts got moved to

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back