PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It’s official Rogers traded to the Jets !

My strongest opinion is the Patriots never would have won a single Super Bowl had it not been for the extremely fortunate emergence of Tom Brady. With Bledsoe as his quarterback, Belichick would have been fired after the 2002 season, and he most certainly would not be in the HC GOAT discussion. Brady was the key to the entire Patriots dynasty and if you honestly reflect back on the last 30+ years of Belichick's head coaching career then you'll see it's plainly obvious he's not the same HC without Brady. Meanwhile Brady didn't miss a beat moving onto to another team at ages 43-45. Still prolific, still clutch, still winning.
Uh...I'm sorry for your profound ******ation. Belichick's gameplan and the leg of Adam Vinatieri was the PRIMARY INDISPUTABLE REASON the Patriots won their first Super Bowl. It was BB's defensive gameplan that led to that shocker. You're an idiot, obviously. The last win in the S.B. was a 13-3 strangling of the Rams. Look at Brady's stats in both games and then take your Rex Ryan real action figure with the sucking lips and stick it up your stupid ass.

Uh...I'm sorry for your profound ******ation. Belichick's gameplan and the leg of Adam Vinatieri was the PRIMARY INDISPUTABLE REASON the Patriots won their first Super Bowl. It was BB's defensive gameplan that led to that shocker. You're an idiot, obviously. The last win in the S.B. was a 13-3 strangling of the Rams. Look at Brady's stats in both games and then take your Rex Ryan real action figure with the sucking lips and stick it up your stupid ass.
Both super bowls they did teleport to, didnt need to play regular season games or playoff games! Something of which they have a touch of trouble doing without Mr you know who.

I have watched every game Bledsoe started in a Patriots uniform.
if thats true, then you should know better
Firstly, Carr doesn't suck.
sure does
Secondly, comparing Bledsoe to Josh Allen is madness.
why is it madness? you dont think that if you brought Drew forward to todays game, he wouldn't be able to capitalize on his size and strength? he's the same size as Allen...

Arm strength is where the similarities start and stop. Allen is superior at every other aspect of quarterbacking. Bledsoe is Joe Flacco minus the superlative postseason accomplishments, which btw is a major difference between the two.
again, you compare players of different eras... you bring Bledsoe forward to compare him to more modern qbs without thought or comment regarding advances in training, changing college football schemes (where they learn to play the game) and changes to the rulesets... flacco started playing 2 years after Drew left the game btw...
My biggest gripe with Bledsoe is his consistently putrid playoff performances. I suggest you go watch some Bledsoe postseason games. Woof!
I have seen Drews playoff games... went to every one in New England... they were pretty much par for the course for a quarterback of that era... you need to realize that the 65% + passers didnt become the norm until after Polian started to try and protect manning in earnest, getting the comp committee to change the way the game is played... Josh Allen is playing at a time when you literally can't hit the quarterback... is it preposterous to think that Bledsoe in a modern era could have developed that part of his game? of course not

No you didnt

Yes, I did. You just ignored it.
And they couldve done that, or gave him an extension like the Bucs did. Pushing out his cap number into future years...If they wanted to make one last run at it, that was easily manageable. Whatever way you want to slice it, having a MVP caliber qb for 25 mil a year is cheap. They also didnt need to tag Thuney in 2020, knowing they were never going to sign him, or extend Chung in 2020...Both useless moves which couldve saved money...Both done after Brady was gone btw

ROFLMAO. There you go pretending to have a f**king clue when you really don't. BTW, You just changed the goal post again. No. in 2021, having an excellent but not ELITE QB for $25M wasn't cheap. It was actually about the Going rate for ELITE QBs, not excellent ones. But I'm not surprised you don't understand that. The Salary cap in 2021 DROPPED to $182.5M. The Pats were one of the rare teams that had money to spend. That 25M would have been nearly 14% of the salary cap on 1 player.

- Thuney not re-signing was a THUNEY decision. The Patriots were in on trying to re-sign him and had offered him the same money that KC offered. BTW, SFBs, Miguel Benzan of Patscap AND Myself showed 2 different ways that the Patriots could have easily kept Brady and Thuney.
- Extending Chung had ZERO to do with Brady and wasn't a useless move.

You mentioning Thuney and Chung are Red Herrings and have ZERO bearing on the conversation. They are just you grasping at strays because you're so clueless about the Cap.
Its crazy how all of sudden these missing pieces really show up when the elite qb and offense isnt covering for all the weaknesses...Again, coincidence
It's amazing how absolutely pathetic your reading comprehension is. Here is what I stated: "... a Defense filled with under-rated stars, above average skill players on offense, and a very good O-line."

2019 - It's well known that the Patriots were missing pieces on their offense in 2019. Wynn missed time. Andrews was lost for the season right before it started. Not having Wynn meant that Marshall Newhouse had to play LT and that was a disaster. They lost Develin and Johnson within a few weeks of each other and were forced to rely on Elandon Roberts as their FB.

2021 - None of the players on defense in 2021 were "under-rated stars" (intelligent fans knew what we had on the 2021 team and where the faults were on that defense). They had 2 above average skill players at WR in Meyers and Bourne, only Henry at TE, and 2 VG RBs. But their O-LINE was NOT very good in 2021.

So, the 2021 didn't have 2 of the 3 pieces that I mentioned. I know it's hard for you to grasp such nuanced concepts. But it is really tiresome that you need to have everything spelled out as if you were a complete buffoon... oh.. wait...

BTW its tough to understand you when you cant type a coherent sentence
ROFLMAO. Typical troll. Can't accept that people occasionally make a typo. That's how you know someone has nothing to bring.

This thread has become a royal rumble.
Royal Rumble Wrestling GIF by WWE

HYBQOgo.jpg

Bring it on like Donkey Kong, lol!!!!

Yes, I did. You just ignored it.

ROFLMAO. There you go pretending to have a f**king clue when you really don't. BTW, You just changed the goal post again. No. in 2021, having an excellent but not ELITE QB for $25M wasn't cheap. It was actually about the Going rate for ELITE QBs, not excellent ones. But I'm not surprised you don't understand that. The Salary cap in 2021 DROPPED to $182.5M. The Pats were one of the rare teams that had money to spend. That 25M would have been nearly 14% of the salary cap on 1 player.
Being 2nd in MVP voting, is not elite...Bruinz has let that be known. What are you basing the 25M off? His cap hit was 10$ mil. 15 qbs made more than 25 mil in 2021...So yes, being an MVP at those numbers was a steal...Denial is not a good look on you
- Thuney not re-signing was a THUNEY decision. The Patriots were in on trying to re-sign him and had offered him the same money that KC offered. BTW, SFBs, Miguel Benzan of Patscap AND Myself showed 2 different ways that the Patriots could have easily kept Brady and Thuney.
- Extending Chung had ZERO to do with Brady and wasn't a useless move.
Both useless
You mentioning Thuney and Chung are Red Herrings and have ZERO bearing on the conversation. They are just you grasping at strays because you're so clueless about the Cap.
Youve jumped around so much that you no longer know what the conversation is
It's amazing how absolutely pathetic your reading comprehension is. Here is what I stated: "... a Defense filled with under-rated stars, above average skill players on offense, and a very good O-line."

2019 - It's well known that the Patriots were missing pieces on their offense in 2019. Wynn missed time. Andrews was lost for the season right before it started. Not having Wynn meant that Marshall Newhouse had to play LT and that was a disaster. They lost Develin and Johnson within a few weeks of each other and were forced to rely on Elandon Roberts as their FB.

2021 - None of the players on defense in 2021 were "under-rated stars" (intelligent fans knew what we had on the 2021 team and where the faults were on that defense). They had 2 above average skill players at WR in Meyers and Bourne, only Henry at TE, and 2 VG RBs. But their O-LINE was NOT very good in 2021.

So, the 2021 didn't have 2 of the 3 pieces that I mentioned. I know it's hard for you to grasp such nuanced concepts. But it is really tiresome that you need to have everything spelled out as if you were a complete buffoon... oh.. wait...

ROFLMAO. Typical troll. Can't accept that people occasionally make a typo. That's how you know someone has nothing to bring.
yikes

Being 2nd in MVP voting, is not elite...Bruinz has let that be known.
he kinda lost me there when he split elite and excellent... thats some fuzzy logic that needs 'splainin

he kinda lost me there when he split elite and excellent... thats some fuzzy logic that needs 'splainin
Hes been jumping years for about 5 posts now...and Making up numbers as he goes. But im in for the WWF Gifs

Since this is a Jets thread, they still have work to do. Their roster is not that great and I see them drafting a WR or edge rusher with the 1st pick.

WTF is with you? The insults are a bit much bro. But you do you.

Nice defensive game plan by Belichick in SB 36 and SB 53. I've said as much. However the defense did wilt in SB 36 and Brady had to lead a game-winning drive (the first of his 6 SB GWDs). The team was also 5-13 under Belichick and Bledsoe. The winning didn't start until Brady became the starter (thanks again to Mo Lewis).

And Brady was pretty damn good in the 2018 season with not exactly a stellar supporting cast. Edelman started the season on suspension and Gronk missed a handful of games. Hogan, Dorsett, Patterson, and a burnt-out Josh Gordon (who predictably flaked out before the end of the season). The pinnacle of that season was the three consecutive 3rd-10 conversions in OT by Brady in Kansas City. Significant legacy ramifications from that one.

if thats true, then you should know better
I rooted for Bledsoe as much as any Patriots fan. He ultimately just wasn't that good and he was the main reason why they lost SB 31. At no point in his career did Bledsoe ever resemble a quarterback who could win a championship.

sure does
Carr has a career 91.8 passer rating. That doesn't suck. He has a top 10 all time INT% of 2.0 which is very good. He got MVP votes in 2016. He doesn't "suck."

why is it madness? you dont think that if you brought Drew forward to todays game, he wouldn't be able to capitalize on his size and strength? he's the same size as Allen...
Same size?... whatever. Is he the same overall skill set and talent level? No ****ing way.

I have seen Drews playoff games... went to every one in New England... they were pretty much par for the course for a quarterback of that era... you need to realize that the 65% + passers didnt become the norm until after Polian started to try and protect manning in earnest, getting the comp committee to change the way the game is played... Josh Allen is playing at a time when you literally can't hit the quarterback... is it preposterous to think that Bledsoe in a modern era could have developed that part of his game? of course not
Bledsoe was extraordinarily bad in the postseason. Again his game log passer ratings... 38.3, 58.3, 62.4, 46.6, 72.3, 51.7, & 77.9. Five out of six starts he had more INTs than TDs (2 more four times). 6 TDs and 14 turnovers. That's not "on par" for quarterbacks of his era.

And I just looked it up... from 1993 to 2006, among all QBs with at least 1000 career pass attempts, Bledsoe ranks 45th...

44. Stan Humphries 77.2
45. Drew Bledsoe 77.1
46. Jay Fiedler 77.1

Nice company.

Tua to Hill and Waddle is one of the best passing combinations in the NFL. Tua was reasonable his rookie season with DeVante Parker as his WR1 (and Parker was the best WR on their depth chart by far that season). Tua was better in year two with Parker and Waddle (in his rookie season). Tua was great in 2022 with Hill and Waddle, both of whom are WR1s. I think Hill is the second best WR in the NFL (behind only Jefferson). Tua was bad in the Green Bay game but I'm pretty sure he was playing with a concussion and he was inactive for the rest of the season. The only other game he was bad in all season was the Cincinnati game where he was also knocked out with a concussion.

Bottom line, while Tua individually may be no Burrow or Herbert, the combination of Tua, Hill & Waddle are pretty close to Burrow, Chase & Higgins, and possibly better than Herbert, Allen & Williams. All three of those QB+WR combinations are much better than Mac, JuJu & Parker.
You have to be the dumbest

I rooted for Bledsoe as much as any Patriots fan. He ultimately just wasn't that good and he was the main reason why they lost SB 31. At no point in his career did Bledsoe ever resemble a quarterback who could win a championship.

Carr has a career 91.8 passer rating. That doesn't suck. He has a top 10 all time INT% of 2.0 which is very good. He got MVP votes in 2016. He doesn't "suck."

Same size?... whatever. Is he the same overall skill set and talent level? No ****ing way.

Bledsoe was extraordinarily bad in the postseason. Again his game log passer ratings... 38.3, 58.3, 62.4, 46.6, 72.3, 51.7, & 77.9. Five out of six starts he had more INTs than TDs (2 more four times). 6 TDs and 14 turnovers. That's not "on par" for quarterbacks of his era.

And I just looked it up... from 1993 to 2006, among all QBs with at least 1000 career pass attempts, Bledsoe ranks 45th...

44. Stan Humphries 77.2
45. Drew Bledsoe 77.1
46. Jay Fiedler 77.1

Nice company.
QB Ratings only matter on paper.

as for Carr, all those fancy numbers have netted him what exactly? Nothing. Same with Allen, so far.

Pouty McdbagArod gets hangnail and has to take 4 weeks in sensory deprivation tank for recovery.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back