PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It’s official Rogers traded to the Jets !

didnt he play with a broken thumb last year?
Thumb wasn’t fully healed and the hangnails a result of not properly using the sensory deprivation chamber for 6 weeks straight. Gotta take care of those injuries Arod!

Not omniscience, just explaining for you what makes being a fan of this team fun vs. eternally finding fault with it and predicting failure (i.e., not fun). I mean, if you actually find such negative pursuits "fun," I feel sad for you.
LOL! Feel sad for me? Shut up!

You don't define what's fun for anyone besides yourself.

"Eternally finding fault" is bs too. The team was in the best position possible to succeed with Brady for 18 seasons. I was optimistic nearly every one of those seasons because I knew Brady alone gave them a huge advantage. Only two seasons during that stretch did I think the supporting cast was too limited even for Brady (2006 & 2013). They're in a much different spot now, probably the least talented team in their division, so my outlook has been adjusted accordingly.

When did qualifying "as an expert on all things NEP" enter the equation? Your question was what qualified me to define what makes a fan and I answered it. Nothing was shoved in your face.
You essentially said, because you're a season ticket holder, you're an authority on what makes for a fan. It's just not true.

QB Ratings only matter on paper.

as for Carr, all those fancy numbers have netted him what exactly? Nothing. Same with Allen, so far.
I never said Carr is a championship caliber quarterback. I said he doesn't suck. Allen is 26 and he's developed into a top 3 quarterback. He's going to win a Super Bowl. I like their 1st round pick btw... Dalton Kincaid... adding a dual TE presence to that offense.

I never said Carr is a championship caliber quarterback. I said he doesn't suck.
and? At least Bledsoe got you to one... Carr? one sniff at the pose season ... says "sucks" to me...
Allen is 26 and he's developed into a top 3 quarterback. He's going to win a Super Bowl. I like their 1st round pick btw... Dalton Kincaid... adding a dual TE presence to that offense.

you might be right about Allen... but you might not be, unless he gets those bledsoe-like INT numbers to drop a bit...

Im glad you like their draft pick... I think they could have done better...

Did I see that the Jets were favourites for Hard Knocks ?.......what will they do when Rodgers does not turn up for camp ....lol

Not acting like he's Nolan Ryan of 1984. But Nolan of the 1990s was still a good pitcher.

BTW, your analogy sucks. Just saying.

The fact that the team was 1 game under .500 DESPITE the crap at OC and QC should tell you8 the kind of job BB is actually doing. The Defense was one of the best in the league. Yes, they lost DMac. But they should see improvement at CB in the sophomore Jones and should see continued improvement from Barmore and Uche.
I'm in a different place with Belichick because I don't value coaching as much as most fans. It was also the reason I didn't get bent out of shape over the hiring of Frick and Frack last year. It's always been about the players to me. Without good players even a good HC isn't winning.

WTF is with you? The insults are a bit much bro. But you do you.

Nice defensive game plan by Belichick in SB 36 and SB 53. I've said as much. However the defense did wilt in SB 36 and Brady had to lead a game-winning drive (the first of his 6 SB GWDs). The team was also 5-13 under Belichick and Bledsoe. The winning didn't start until Brady became the starter (thanks again to Mo Lewis).
WOW. Only a complete asshat holds the rebuild year of 2000 against Belichick the way you are. The Patriots were in CAP HELL thanks to Bobby Grier. You can't make a 5 course gourmet meal if a significant % of the ingredients are spoiled. How big of a roster turnover did the Pats have from 2000/2001 to 2001/2002. 30 of the 65 players that were on the 2000 Roster didn't start the season on the 2001 Roster. And that doesn't include them shipping off Terry Glenn to GB mid season.

And Brady was pretty damn good in the 2018 season with not exactly a stellar supporting cast. Edelman started the season on suspension and Gronk missed a handful of games. Hogan, Dorsett, Patterson, and a burnt-out Josh Gordon (who predictably flaked out before the end of the season). The pinnacle of that season was the three consecutive 3rd-10 conversions in OT by Brady in Kansas City. Significant legacy ramifications from that one.
None of that has ANTHING to do with how the defense played in the SB. That's all red herrings. But not surprised that's all you can come up with.

WOW. Only a complete asshat holds the rebuild year of 2000 against Belichick the way you are. The Patriots were in CAP HELL thanks to Bobby Grier. You can't make a 5 course gourmet meal if a significant % of the ingredients are spoiled. How big of a roster turnover did the Pats have from 2000/2001 to 2001/2002. 30 of the 65 players that were on the 2000 Roster didn't start the season on the 2001 Roster. And that doesn't include them shipping off Terry Glenn to GB mid season.
If your numbers are right, that's significant turnover, but were they mostly backend of the roster players? Look, I already said Belichick did a great job in 2001. Sticking with Brady I thought was the obvious move but not all head coaches would have committed to a second year 6th draft pick. Belichick did, and it paid off bigtime obviously, because they do not win a Super Bowl in 2001 if the QB switch doesn't happen.

None of that has ANTHING to do with how the defense played in the SB. That's all red herrings. But not surprised that's all you can come up with.
The defense was excellent in SB 53, I already acknowledged that. A+ for Belichick. However, there was an implication that Brady was just along for the ride so I pointed out that he accomplished a lot in 2018 with highly inconsistent support on offense.

@Bill Lee

The thread was bumped. ;)
Milana-Vayntrub-1-160310.jpg

Anyone else notice Rodgers cut his hair and shaved after looking like a bum for the last few years in Green Bay?

First he looked like BJ Novak from The Office to Paul Mitchell and now back to BJ Novak.

Anyone else notice Rodgers cut his hair and shaved after looking like a bum for the last few years in Green Bay?

First he looked like BJ Novak from The Office to Paul Mitchell and now back to BJ Novak.

I don't "check out" guys. Never noticed. I prefer Lily. But I do not judge. Each to his own.

My new favorite commercial:. They're doing a collectibles type thing with a guys I phone. At the beginning of the commercial you can see our fair maiden in the background, butt to the camera. It's only a few seconds, but maybe it's a chance for us to see a different "side" of her? Maybe it'll help us decide if she's beneath our league once and for all.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back