PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is winning enough to keep our coachs here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swingline747

Rookie
Reaction score
As much as I know it is likely any offensive or defensive coordinator's career goal (i.e. dream) to be a head coach I am wondering if there is any coordinator that would be happy with the success (i.e. winds and Lombardi's), money, and fame of being an instrumental part of a dynasty rather then jumping ship to become head coach on a lesser team.

For example, look at Dante Scarnecchia, he's been with the Pats for 24 years and is also officially Assistant Head Coach. He's seen horrible times and now he is enjoying the great times yet there is rarely a peep of concern that he'll move on to another team.

So with Josh McDaniels in mind I'd love him to stay and continue through the dynasty run. I'm sure he makes good money, he would have less stress and BS vs going to another club and trying to rebuild it, and he is already getting the media attention (if that's what he likes) as well. When the dynasty era comes to an end I would guarantee that more people would know the name Josh McDaniels over all the failed head coaches and wannabes out there.

I think the biggest slap tin the face to the NFL would be if the Patriots coordinators, coaches, front-office, etc all continually turned down year after year offers from other teams. Occasionally some new blood is helpful but think of the dynasty that would form through organizational continuity?!? The Patriots could be a sporting monopoly and the NFL's quest for parity would have a fundamental flaw . . . it applies to all teams but 1 . . . I could see Goodell scratching his head saying "What exactly went wrong here?!?"

It's an individual consideration and as always, individuals have different motivational factors.

But sure, some will stay here because of the "benefits" package.

The more we win the more we'll lose coaches - however making teams wait until after the Super Bowl to hire one does give us a little advantage. But the more we win the more teams will want to hire whatever piece of the Patriots that they can.

I think McDaniels wants to build his resume some more, he realizes working under BB there will always be head coaching jobs out there every season that he can get, but for now he has the luxury of waiting and chosing the one he wants, he's so young perhaps he'll just stay on board until BB retires and he'll take over the top spot, I really wouldn't doubt it if Pees is gone this year even though there has been little mention of interest in him yet.

Well Josh may be young but he sure is smart. He has apparently decided to NOT interview this year for head coaching jobs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3179838

I hope this is a trend for Patriots personnel for as long as the dynasty continues. It is likely being a member of the Roman senate and enjoying the benefits or being asked to go conquer Uzbekistan . . . no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes