PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Skip on crack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redman443

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score

Skip says that BB is sabotaging this super bowl for us because he traded Cooks to the rams and hes been texting Sean Mcvay all year and he apparently has no problems losing to the rams and Mcvay in the super bowl. You cant make this up

That's still not a good justification. I've turned off ALL pregame nonsense and all specials and all these ANALysts. I recommend everyone else do the same. Your blood pressure will be much better.

In their world any publicity is good publicity, much like Felger et al on Boston Sports Talk..

Why watch these losers?
Shortly after Skip moved to Fox, I started watching the show. Just too many ridiculous takes and not enough reasonableness.

I regularly catch some of First Things First. Chris Carter is great with his reasonable analysis, in-depth knowledge and occasional insights. Nick Wright can be entertaining even whe I think he’s got it all wrong (and he’s certainly right some of the time).

My favorite continues to be Colin Cowherd who continually comes up with insightful analysis into situations that would never occur to me - and they are usually right.

Skip is usually pro pats. I’ve just never heard something as crazy as this before.

He is pro patriots.
He is a bigger Tom Brady supporter than 60% of this board.
But he is very anti-Belichick.

Well in belichicks defense Butler was ranked by PFF as the worst CB in the NFL at the midway point this season he was horrid his first 8 games, he did turn it around in the second half.

Why watch these losers?

It’s a tough job. They talked for hours every day about the same stuff. The patriots are pretty much a part of the show 200 out of 365 days of the year.
I think sometimes the crazy hot takes just go overboard.

These guys really don't know anymore than we do who pay daily attention.

Not sure that they are aware or maybe they really don't care. Most of the stupidity
they spew becomes yesterday's news rapidly when someone else spews other crap.

Shortly after Skip moved to Fox, I started watching the show. Just too many ridiculous takes and not enough reasonableness.

I regularly catch some of First Things First. Chris Carter is great with his reasonable analysis, in-depth knowledge and occasional insights. Nick Wright can be entertaining even whe I think he’s got it all wrong (and he’s certainly right some of the time).

My favorite continues to be Colin Cowherd who continually comes up with insightful analysis into situations that would never occur to me - and they are usually right.
I don't watch any of these shows live but I catch up on them on YouTube or OnDemand ....kinda like The Heard.

Crack probly not . Let's see what's todays provocative yap? Yeah I can do that one hehee.

Skip says that BB is sabotaging this super bowl for us because he traded Cooks to the rams and hes been texting Sean Mcvay all year and he apparently has no problems losing to the rams and Mcvay in the super bowl. You cant make this up

Step 1: Media troll behaves like a troll

Step 2: Fans give media troll exactly what he wants by getting all outraged and talking about what an idiot media troll is

Step 3: Media troll laughs all the way to the bank because, in the sports media, your job is to get your name out there and get hits. The best way to do this is by getting people riled up, not by making intelligent, insightful commentary.

Step 4: Go to Step 1

In their world any publicity is good publicity, much like Felger et al on Boston Sports Talk..
Felger has been especially lamentable these past two weeks. Sometimes I wonder if that guy is hopped up on amphetamines.

That's still not a good justification. I've turned off ALL pregame nonsense and all specials and all these ANALysts. I recommend everyone else do the same. Your blood pressure will be much better.
The only thing I have enjoyed on sports radio the last few days is when a former Pats player is a guest of one of the radio shows (and of course many of them are in Atlanta and/or work in the broadcast field). I have heard Matt Light, Tedy Bruschi, Troy Brown and others. They are a pleasure to listen to as they reminisce, and remind me why I love the Patriots. All the other media "experts," making up stories, each one more outlandish than the last in order to be "relevant" or to pretend to have a "scoop", are not worth anyone's time or ears.

It shouldn’t surprise people that the only objective to the things they say are to drive profits and make money. We live in a shock culture. We help fuel it. We want it. We are complicit in this. We are so triggered. Stop watching this.

Skip can’t quit Brady and he’s just defensive of him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back