PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Jacoby Brissett our future at QB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RW, was Brady better overall in 2014 or 2015? Imo Brady works so hard on his health and his game that he is actually getting better. Even this preseason I saw him making throws on the run that he didn't make ten years ago? He is the exception to all if the rules because he has proven that, not because we just want him to be. I am completely of the belief that he has four to five more very good years left and moving him would be the biggest mistake this team could ever make. I like Garrapolo and thought he played a really good game Sunday night but talk if him replacing Brady is crazy imo, unless he plans on backing him up until 2021. Browser is at this point the most likely replacement for Brady but we will see? Brady has earned the benefit of the doubt like no player before him and I think it's ridiculous that so many don't give him it.

FTR- my post isn't directed at your comments insomuch as it is directed in general at many of the posts here this week and the idiotic trade Brady sh.t on WEEI.
Speaking of WEEI, did anyone hear the guy that called in Monday trying to say Brady is overrated and a horrible playoff quarterback? He called into both the morning show and D&H and was hung up on by both. :D

Then I watched Felger & Mazz and the dumb f*** called into that show as well! And they hung up on him too! It was beautiful!

The guy was like a recording on all 3 calls and I've never heard a guy that embarrassed himself 3 times in one day!

I have a hard imagining TB playing 2 full seasons after this one...... Especially if he gets his 5 ring and eliminates for all time who the best is to date...... TB starting QB for 2018 season?!? I dunno.... but if he still has the go , what do I know?!?
It is amazing how he keeps it up!

You must not remember Warren Moon.

There has been absolutely no drop off in Brady's game, if anything he is getting better, the talk of moving him over a guy who has won one game is ******ed.

Who said anything about moving Brady now? In due course, like two years, his day will likely be done. It is very, very, hard to find a starting caliber QB. It may be unlikely to find one after another but Montana/Young and Favre/Rodgers show it can happen. How likely to find three Brady/Garappolo/Brisett is a microscopic chance.

What age did Moon stop being his team's franchise QB? Blanda stuck around as a kicker too, into his mid forties too. So what?

Last edited:
Who said anything about moving Brady now? In due course,maybe two years, his day will likely be done. It is very, very, hard to find a starting caliber QB. It may be unlikely to find one after another but Montana/Young and Favre/Rodgers show it can happen. How likely to find three Brady/Garappolo/Brisett is a microscopic chance.

What age did Moon stop being his team's franchise QB? Blanda stuck around as a kicker too, into his mid forties too. So what?

Show us anything other than Brady's age that indicates he is declining. He is 39 so that should be easy as most QBs are on the decline after 35?

One thing I wonder about is if Tom was playing last Sunday as opposed to Jimmy G would his lack of mobility have had any impact in the outcome of the game or with Tom being Tom would he have had found a way to win regardless. It's been reported the playbook wasn't dumb'd down with JG playing so you figure the pocket pressure would have been about the same and his mobility got him out of a few jams and some extended plays. Just throwing it out there....

One thing I wonder about is if Tom was playing last Sunday as opposed to Jimmy G would his lack of mobility have had any impact in the outcome of the game or with Tom being Tom would he have had found a way to win regardless. It's been reported the playbook wasn't dumb'd down with JG playing so you figure the pocket pressure would have been about the same and his mobility got him out of a few jams and some extended plays. Just throwing it out there....

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe