PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Jacoby Brissett our future at QB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the logic being used in this thread they should have gotten rid of Bradyfive years ago as the vast majority of QBs are no good after 34.

Name one factor other than age that you base this on?

He's still performing at a high level and he's healthy.

I said it's reasonable. Not definitive.

What are you getting at?

What are you getting at?

I am getting at the fact that the only thing being used to gauge Brady's value is his age. Not one person can point to any other factor as a reason to move him,and many have been making claims like this Cassel was the QB.

Brady is 34, he's only got a couple more years left.....

Brady is 35, he's only got a couple more years left.....

Brady is 36, he's only got a couple more years left.......

I will say what I have been saying since the year Brady was out with the knee injury, I won't look
at replacing him until he starts to show signs of deteriorating, and if anything he has been getting better the last five years. He is in the MVP discussion every year and was arguably the best player in the league last season.

Moon had his last good year at 41.

It is reasonable to say Tom has two elite years left after 2016.

What does one have to do with the other? They are two totally different people.

Warren Moon played qb when the qbs got hit a lot more and a lot harder. 5 times he missed 1/4 of a season with injuries. Has any qb trained and focused his whole life choices on his health as much as Brady.
The physical part of camp now is practically non-existent.

I am starting to believe the only thing that will have him leave football before age 44 is if he gets concussed.

What are you getting at?

RW, was Brady better overall in 2014 or 2015? Imo Brady works so hard on his health and his game that he is actually getting better. Even this preseason I saw him making throws on the run that he didn't make ten years ago? He is the exception to all if the rules because he has proven that, not because we just want him to be. I am completely of the belief that he has four to five more very good years left and moving him would be the biggest mistake this team could ever make. I like Garrapolo and thought he played a really good game Sunday night but talk if him replacing Brady is crazy imo, unless he plans on backing him up until 2021. Browser is at this point the most likely replacement for Brady but we will see? Brady has earned the benefit of the doubt like no player before him and I think it's ridiculous that so many don't give him it.

FTR- my post isn't directed at your comments insomuch as it is directed in general at many of the posts here this week and the idiotic trade Brady sh.t on WEEI.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
I am getting at the fact that the only thing being used to gauge Brady's value is his age. Not one person can point to any other factor as a reason to move him,and many have been making claims like this Cassel was the QB.

Brady is 34, he's only got a couple more years left.....

Brady is 35, he's only got a couple more years left.....

Brady is 36, he's only got a couple more years left.......

I will say what I have been saying since the year Brady was out with the knee injury, I won't look
at replacing him until he starts to show signs of deteriorating, and if anything he has been getting better the last five years. He is in the MVP discussion every year and was arguably the best player in the league last season.

Who is saying that he needs to be replaced?

I stated that it is reasonable to say that TB12 has 3 elite years left.

What does one have to do with the other? They are two totally different people.

Warren Moon played qb when the qbs got hit a lot more and a lot harder. 5 times he missed 1/4 of a season with injuries. Has any qb trained and focused his whole life choices on his health as much as Brady.
The physical part of camp now is practically non-existent.

I am starting to believe the only thing that will have him leave football before age 44 is if he gets concussed.

All I did was inform Ivan that Moon's last Pro Bowl year was at 41

RW, was Brady better overall in 2014 or 2015? Imo Brady works so hard on his health and his game that he is actually getting better. Even this preseason I saw him making throws on the run that he didn't make ten years ago? He is the exception to all if the rules because he has proven that, not because we just want him to be. I am completely of the belief that he has four to five more very good years left and moving him would be the biggest mistake this team could ever make. I like Garrapolo and thought he played a really good game Sunday night but talk if him replacing Brady is crazy imo, unless he plans on backing him up until 2021. Browser is at this point the most likely replacement for Brady but we will see? Brady has earned the benefit of the doubt like no player before him and I think it's ridiculous that so many don't give him it.

There is no question that TB12 performed at an elite level in 2015.

FTR- my post isn't directed at your comments insomuch as it is directed in general at many of the posts here this week and the idiotic trade Brady sh.t on WEEI.

I know. We are good. The trade talk is WAY too premature.

Who is saying that he needs to be replaced?

I stated that it is reasonable to say that TB12 has 3 elite years left.

I am seeing posts and hearing it all day in the radio.

I am seeing posts and hearing it all day in the radio.

I am seeing it here as well. I hardly listen to EEI or the other idiots.

Its way to premature to have that discussion. If people want to talk about Jimmy's value that is ok. If people want to speculate on if Brissett's readiness as a legit backup then that's fine.

Speculate about trading Brady or when he might be in decline? It's fanboard discussion but I don't think we are close to that.

Ivan, STOP LISTENING TO SPORTS RADIO!
I have to say that sports radio is a mess. Gone are the days of talking about football and now we just have "hot takes" that often have no basis in reality or even worse, opinions on Kaepernick not standing for the Anthem. Who cares?

Sad because last decade or so ago I used to love local sports talk radio.
Never listened to Felgergarb though.
Like Sirius NFL radio but dropped Sirius over a year ago.

Dream On. Avocado Ice cream does not provide the Fountain of Youth. Favre was the oldest starter I can think of, and he was done at 41. Although some said it should have been a year before. Brady might hang on as a reserve longer than that though, with a comensurate reduced salary.

Warren Moon says hi.

I have a hard imagining TB playing 2 full seasons after this one...... Especially if he gets his 5 ring and eliminates for all time who the best is to date...... TB starting QB for 2018 season?!? I dunno.... but if he still has the go , what do I know?!?

I have a hard imagining TB playing 2 full seasons after this one...... Especially if he gets his 5 ring and eliminates for all time who the best is to date...... TB starting QB for 2018 season?!? I dunno.... but if he still has the go , what do I know?!?

If I was playing golf with MJ in the offseason and I was a very competitive guy, I might want 6 rings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes