PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting timing of Gronk critiques

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronkandez

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I find it interesting that on the same day, two media guys (Bedard and Reiss) said virtually the same thing about Gronk. My theory is the Pats want him to tone it down and are using the media to put that pressure on him. Not Kraft or Belichick, but maybe one of these guys' team sources.

3. Hey, Rob Gronkowski, you know we love you and your goofy antics. We know you don’t have a malicious bone in your body. But there’s such a thing as overexposure, and you’re right up against it. Time to chill out and lie low, bro.

Picking our way through a mock first round of NFL draft - The Boston Globe

4. Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, who told students at the University of Rhode Island that his injured ankle will be 100 percent within two weeks, is a likeable guy who clearly enjoys what he's doing. But has anyone else had the thought that it might be smart for him to cut back on some of the off-field stuff that doesn't always paint him in a favorable light?

Quick-hit thoughts around NFL & Pats - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Last edited:
This is not interesting timing at all. Gronk has gotten media heat this week for his Q&A where he made some questionable choices in his answers. I am sure Belichick doesn't like that he says these things in public, but I think you are reading too much into it.

Thanks for the advice but I figured since that thread turned into a debate about homesexuality and Family Guy, I'd start a new, slightly different thread.

This is not interesting timing at all. Gronk has gotten media heat this week for his Q&A where he made some questionable choices in his answers. I am sure Belichick doesn't like that he says these things in public, but I think you are reading too much into it.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Thanks for the advice but I figured since that thread turned into a debate about homesexuality and Family Guy, I'd start a new, slightly different thread.

thx for the tip -- that thread is awesome.

I was superlol'ing at that one guy who watches family guy cuz he hates gay jokes.

You are entitled to your opinion.

I don't think it is much of an opinion, but rather fact. I don't think there is any self respecting media member who would allow a team to manipulate one of their articles this way. No way would Reiss or Bedard allow the Patriots to manipulate them to write about the organization's concerns to make it look like it is their own opinions.

If the Pats were trying to send a message through the media, the articles would have said something like "sources within the Patriots organization say that management are not happy with Gronkowski running his mouth" or something like that.

Personally, I don't feel like BB would use the media to send a message to Gronkowski. That's what he has captains for. I think the timing of Bedard and Reiss are directly related to the fact that they were both reporting about the whole he'll take Tebow's virginity comment he made to the URI students.

Last edited:
I don't think it is much of an opinion, but rather fact. I don't think there is any self respecting media member who would allow a team to manipulate one of their articles this way. No way would Reiss or Bedard allow the Patriots to manipulate them to write about the organization's concerns to make it look like it is their own opinions.

If the Pats were trying to send a message through the media, the articles would have said something like "sources within the Patriots organization say that management are not happy with Gronkowski running his mouth" or something like that.

Red Sox writers do it all the time.

In before merge/move to practice squad

I can understand the sentiment a little bit. I love Gronk.

He's one of my favorite players on the team.

But I hope he's spent time agonizing how close they were to a title. I know guys like Brady, Welker, Wilfork, Spikes, etc. have. I think Spikes had the best answer this offseason when he just said "I don't like to talk about it."

I know all athletes are different. But I prefer the guys on my team to live and die with their team. Gronk's young - he doesn't realize the opportunity they just had might've been once in a lifetime for a lot of guys on that team. It's why we see so many SB hangovers - and why with Brady et al at the helm, I'm not worried about one for this team.

Last edited:

But I hope he's spent time agonizing how close they were to a title. I know guys like Brady, Welker, Wilfork, Spikes, etc. have. I think Spikes had the best answer this offseason when he just said "I don't like to talk about it."

I know all athletes are different. But I prefer the guys on my team to live and die with their team. Gronk's young - he doesn't realize the opportunity they just had might've been once in a lifetime for a lot of guys on that team. It's why we see so many SB hangovers - and why with Brady et al at the helm, I'm not worried about one for this team.

he's a young guy who just went to the superbowl his second year, so cut him some slack if he takes everything for granted a little -- if that's even the case.
he'll have plenty of time for agonizing and regret when he gets older.
let the guy enjoy his life for christsake.

I don't care if he agonizes or not. All I want is for it to motivate him to work towards another trip ASAP.

hyper-sensitive twits

is my response to this thread and any others with similar subject matter

he's a young guy who just went to the superbowl his second year, so cut him some slack if he takes everything for granted a little -- if that's even the case.

History shows teams that lose in the SB fail the next year.

Taking the success for granted is a big reason why. So, no, I won't cut anyone slack for doing it - since it will hinder them going forward.

Gronk can party all he wants for all I care - as long as he realizes he's going to have to bust his ass off next year to get back to have that opportunity. I feel a lot more confident that Brandon Spikes realizes that than Gronk. Spikes has said as much.

I agree to an extent but when the Gonk sex tape goes viral in two months that's where I draw the line. Obviously I hope that never happens but it almost seems inevitable at the rate we're going.

FWIW I hadn't heard about his Tebow comments until just now. I guess it makes a little more sense why both writers posted those comments today.

This whole thing is much ado about nothing. He's a kid, remember. A big kid. A big kid who's having a lot of fun. He hasn't hurt a soul, including himself. Can't you people laugh?

LOL.......I love it that the kid is genuine

if they don't like it, they don't have to extend him when his contract is up

I find it interesting that on the same day, two media guys (Bedard and Reiss) said virtually the same thing about Gronk. My theory is the Pats want him to tone it down and are using the media to put that pressure on him. Not Kraft or Belichick, but maybe one of these guys' team sources.

Picking our way through a mock first round of NFL draft - The Boston Globe

Quick-hit thoughts around NFL & Pats - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

I am sure if it is bothering BB or Kraft that they would have no problem telling him to shut it. I doubt BB would use the media to get his point across.

I am sure if it is bothering BB or Kraft that they would have no problem telling him to shut it. I doubt BB would use the media to get his point across.

there would have to be a basis for telling him to shut it....the simple fact that they don't like it is not sufficient cause.

22 year old kid who just had the best season ever for a TE? his play has spoken ismple as that. I am sure gronk would have no problem doing what they say if they tear up his contract and write him up for the biggest TE contract ever.......just sayin

I agree to an extent but when the Gonk sex tape goes viral in two months that's where I draw the line. Obviously I hope that never happens but it almost seems inevitable at the rate we're going.

loool that's perfectly timed comedy considering the post that preceded yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes