PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting - Ryan meet with Revis | Revis Deal Done

yeah i thought revis was holding out for more $$ than that. So how does this deal compare to the namdi one for the raders? average money per year wise

Asomugha got 28.5 mil guaranteed over 3 years on his extension

Last edited:
All I know is that the Jets had the best running team in the league last year,

And they got rid of the backs responsible for 2/3 of the TDs and yards. . . .

Direct Schefter quote: "the richest defensive contract in NFL history".

Which actually may not mean as much as it sounds... we've seen how often lately big money contracts were smoke and mirrors and/or aren't guaranteed for both skill and injury and thus give the team a relatively cheap out. And wasn't the Pats signing Bledsoe in 2000 the largest contract at that point?

Where is that quote from, because this is what I got:

Darrelle Revis is scheduled to be at the Jets training facility tomorrow to sign the deal. Numbers likely to be a team, but not NFL record.

You are comparing Tory Holt at 34 years old to the talent of Cotch, Holmes, and Edwards, all under 27?

No #### this isn't Madden, there is no denying the talent. And Welker won't be Welker right away either, not coming off that injury, only 7 mos ago.

C'mon, be fair, Jets have the potential to be very good, and the Pats are not "waaaayyyyy" better.

Ok this is the last of these as its obvious i am arguing against a brick wall.

No i am not comparing a 34 year old holt to edwards of holmes ( not cotch cause he didn't make the pro bowl... wow u really missed the point). I was making a point that just because u were a pro bowler doesn't mean you are one this season. E.g light and koppen were pro bowlers... are you saying they are this year?

In the one sentence you say there is no denying the talent then in the very next sentence you say welker won't be back right away... even tho he has been back and playing and performing the last 3 pre season games.

I am being fare you have a great d. Had a great running game but am waiting to see how it goes without Jones (personally i think LT will suprise some ppl this season with a better line).

The big point is sanches has done all pre season what he did last year. Until he stops Turing over the ball you

A.) wont have a balanced and therefore elite offense like the patriots.

B.) won't be able to get the ball effectively to your receivers doesn't matter who they are

yes there is potential with the O. Just like there is potential with the pats d but until that potential is realised your d is way better than ours our offense is way better than yours. your just going to have to deal with that

Last edited:
The Pats offense could be in record setting territory, thats how good it is. Sanchise hasnt looked to be any more than a JAG at this point and Im not so sure he has the goods, everyone like to say it but that doesnt make it true.

This isn't the 2007 Pats offense, Moss is 34, Welker is coming off an injury, they actually had a running game then, you had a better OL then, and a TE. There are a LOT more unknowns, including an older Brady who is also less mobile and just 2 years removed from an injury.

Look, I'm not taking anything away from the Pats passing game, but I could make the same argument about the Jets running game. Jets also have a passing game that is on the rise, loaded with talent, and if Sanchez continues to grow, they will only be better this year, and more balanced. Rex will still want to run the ball, nobody can expect Sanchez to turn into Manning or Brady in year two, he'll still have his growing pains, but to completely dismiss us is just ******ed, and to say Pats are "wayyy better" is just not true.

Ok this is the last of these as its obvious i am arguing against a brick wall.

No i am not comparing a 34 year old holt to edwards of holmes ( not cotch cause he didn't make the pro bowl... wow u really missed the point). I was making a point that just because u were a pro bowler doesn't mean you are one this season. E.g light and koppen were pro bowlers... are you saying they are this year?

In the one sentence you say there is no denying the talent then in the very next sentence you say welker won't be back right away... even tho he has been back and playing and performing the last 3 pre season games.

I am being fare you have a great d. Had a great running game but am waiting to see how it goes without Jones (personally i think LT will suprise some ppl this season with a better line).

The big point is sanches has done all pre season what he did last year. Until he stops Turing over the ball you

A.) wont have a balanced and therefore elite offense like the patriots.

B.) won't be able to get the ball effectively to your receivers doesn't matter who they are

yes there is potential with the O. Just like there is potential with the pats d but until that potential is realised your d is way better than ours our offense is way better than yours. your just going to have to deal with that

Wait, are you really trying to justify the future based on pre-season performances????

So should we expect a 6 win year for the Pats after that debacle against the Rams?

Last edited:
I think this video shows how much more awesome sanchize and the jets offense are compared to the pats YouTube - NFL Week 11 2009 Jets vs Patriots 22nd November 2009

Pats fans have to hope and pray that Sanchez continues to play that badly...cause if he doesn't it's game over.

The thing about the Jets that worries/excites/intrigues people is that no one knows just how good this team can be. No one knows their ceiling.

I have never seen a team with wider discrepancies with regards to predictions for an upcoming season.

Some analysts have the Jets taking a step back, others have them competing for a championship.

The point is no one knows what to expect from this team.

So to expect the offense to be the same, worse, or better than the video the above mentioned link will bring you to is just wishful thinking at this point.

And they got rid of the backs responsible for 2/3 of the TDs and yards. . . .

Who is now 32, who completely broke down at the end of the year, got a bulk of work during the middle of the season because Leon went down, and Shonn Greene was slowly worked into the lineup as a rookie, and who is now in KC and will be a part of a 3 RB rotation this year.

You want to bet LT has a better year than TJ does this year?

Sorry, LT, who is also YOUNGER than T Jones, is a much better player, a more dynamic player.

I'll never take anything away from the job Jones did the last 3 years, but he is a one trick pony, not the dynamic player LT is, and of course doesn't have the power and explosiveness of Shonn Greene.

Last edited:
Who is now 32, who completely broke down at the end of the year, got a bulk of work during the middle of the season because Leon went down, and Shonn Greene was slowly worked into the lineup as a rookie, and who is now in KC and will be a part of a 3 RB rotation this year.

You want to bet LT has a better year than TJ does this year?

Sorry, LT, who is also YOUNGER than T Jones, is a much better player, a more dynamic player.

I'll never take anything away from the job Jones did the last 3 years, but he is a one trick pony, not the dynamic player LT is, and of course doesn't have the power and explosiveness of Shonn Greene.
Is Shonn Greene's explosiveness the same as

a) strapping dynamite to your arse and lighting the fuse, or
b) eating a hot curry and enjoying an explosive episode in the men's rest room?

Rest assured which ever way you answer it Faneca is gone. He was something of a linchpin on your line.

As for Revis, well I'd probably prefer if you took your Jets explanations and added them to the topic "The Jets Suck" instead of us discussing Revis' contract extension here. FWIW Charles/Jones vs Tomlinson/Greene. I know which tandem I'd take.

Much obliged.

Last edited:
This isn't the 2007 Pats offense, Moss is 34, Welker is coming off an injury, they actually had a running game then, you had a better OL then, and a TE. There are a LOT more unknowns, including an older Brady who is also less mobile and just 2 years removed from an injury.

Look, I'm not taking anything away from the Pats passing game, but I could make the same argument about the Jets running game. Jets also have a passing game that is on the rise, loaded with talent, and if Sanchez continues to grow, they will only be better this year, and more balanced. Rex will still want to run the ball, nobody can expect Sanchez to turn into Manning or Brady in year two, he'll still have his growing pains, but to completely dismiss us is just ******ed, and to say Pats are "wayyy better" is just not true.

My last one too, Im saying our offense is wayy better than your offense and your D is wayy better than our D.
Theres so many things wrong with your above statements than Im just gonna go to bed and forget your wrote it :confused:

Re: Revis deal done

who cares.... it doesnt suck for us, we all knew he would be there... he puts his pants on the same way our guys do.. LETS GO PATS

Yeah, but it seems that our guys end up on IR just putting their pants on:bricks:

My last one too, Im saying our offense is wayy better than your offense and your D is wayy better than our D.
Theres so many things wrong with your above statements than Im just gonna go to bed and forget your wrote it :confused:

No, it's not wrong, it's valid, you just can't refute it, and walking away with a sucker jab is lame!

Is Shonn Greene's explosiveness the same as

a) strapping dynamite to your arse and lighting the fuse, or
b) eating a hot curry and enjoying an explosive episode in the men's rest room?

Rest assured which ever way you answer it Faneca is gone. He was something of a linchpin on your line.

As for Revis, well I'd probably prefer if you took your Jets explanations and added them to the topic "The Jets Suck" instead of us discussing Revis' contract extension here. FWIW Charles/Jones vs Tomlinson/Greene. I know which tandem I'd take.

Much obliged.

The comment I responded to in this thread was brought up by a Pat fan, lecture them on where to appropriately post such a comment, if it bothers you that much!

You've been obliged.

The comment I responded to in this thread was brought up by a Pat fan, lecture them on where to appropriately post such a comment, if it bothers you that much!

You've been obliged.
You've been congratulated on extending your best player. Take your narcissistic attitude elsewhere thanks.

I'm glad Revis signed. No excuses. I can't wait for week 2 - Moss vs. Revis

You've been congratulated on extending your best player. Take your narcissistic attitude elsewhere thanks.

I have no idea what you're talking about, you were the one who decided climb on a pedestal. You can climb off, I'm not impressed or intimidated.

AHAHA you are saying we were in a better TE situation in 2007 than we are now?

What are you smoking?

And "just" 2 years removed from an injury? What the hell does that mean? He's fine.

I have no idea what you're talking about, you were the one who decided climb on a pedestal. You can climb off, I'm not impressed or intimidated.
Of course you wouldn't because you're demonstrating a narcissistic attitude.

I'm glad the Revis signing has all the Jets trolls out again.

Were you on another team's bandwagon while he wasnt signed?

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back