PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan expects apology from Reggie Bush re: Darrelle Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess going two weeks in a row playing nice was too much for Rex to handle.

Miami Dolphins' Reggie Bush and Jets coach Rex Ryan trade barbs again - Miami Dolphins - MiamiHerald.com

The Rex Ryan-Reggie Bush “hot sauce” feud just won’t die.

Ryan re-litigated the long-distance spat Wednesday, making clear there were still some hard feelings about Bush’s September radio interview, in which the running back chalked Darrelle Revis’ torn ACL up to karma.

Bush at the time was miffed because he believed the Jets tried to knock him out of the teams’ first meeting, which he did in fact have to leave with a knee injury. Earlier that week, Ryan stirred the pot by saying his team was going to put some “hot sauce” on the Dolphins star.

On Wednesday, Ryan told New York reporters that, “I apologized for my comments. I expect [Bush] to do the same.”​

Rex Ryan says Reggie Bush should apologize for Darrelle Revis remark - NFL - SI.com

"Retaliation? They're the ones who started this," Bush said. "If there was ever any retaliation, it would come from us. But this team and the caliber of guys and the character we have are guys who play with respect for the game and play hard. It's football. I didn't go and complain or whine about being a target of the Jets. I expect that every game. I don't expect for it to be any different this game. I expect it to be a tough game, probably some trash talking going on. It's going to be a physical, tough game.

"It's a divisional opponent. That's the great thing about playing divisional opponents. You get to play them twice. It'll be fun this time around."

Landry was told of Bush's comments, and said he didn't want to add to a war of words - but then added fuel to the fire.

"When guys yap back and forth, obviously you've done a great job," Landry said. "No matter if it was a bonehead play or whatever, I mean, you got to them in some type of way that they had to speak on it. I don't really get into all that and the Twitter and everything. We'll see on Sunday.

"I'm grateful for another opportunity to play this guy, and he will remember that hit. Every time he sees me, he will remember that hit. If I'm in the box or I'm coming downhill, whatever, he will remember that hit. I don't worry about what those guys say."

Landry, known for his physical and aggressive style of tackling, says it's clear when a team has gotten into an opposing player's head. And, he thinks, Bush will be the perfect example of that.

"Just watch the way he runs," Landry said. "We'll see when he comes out here this Sunday. I don't want to say too much and I'm not going to overtalk it and make a story."​

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back