PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting - Ryan meet with Revis | Revis Deal Done

just like they had last year when they led the league in rushing.absolutely the worst.

I'm pretty sure they replaced a pretty good RB with LT who breaks down as soon as he plays in bad weather games, and incase you didnt know, NJ gets cold pretty fast.

Do you really think the jets will get lucky like they did last year with teams laying down and letting them win?

I would be shocked SHOCKED if the jets ended the season better than 8-8.

they replaced thomas jones with shonn greene.twice the rusher.nuff said. Lt is a back up.

"teams laying down".i think you added an s in there by mistake.

8-8 is a realistic possibility.

I watched both games, the Bangles did not try their best.

Reading about Revis signing is not the way I want to start my workweek. :mad:

I watched both games, the Bangles did not try their best.

LOL. The Bengals didn't try their best in the playoffs? In the first game they definately packed it in after the Jets got up by 24 points.

i wouldnt call the jets oline a "huge" decline from last year.yes,woody hasnt looked the best and the left guard competition hasnt played itself out yet.moore has played pretty good,mangold is a beast,and although brick got beat like a drum on a coupla plays,has had a very solid pre season.they migh not be playing to the level of last year,but "huge" decline?i dont think so

and to call the jets one of the worst offenses is just rediculous.one of the leagues worst passing offenses?ya.i can agree with that.for now.the jets are more than capable to run the ball very effectively.something the pats cant do.

jets run defense-worlds better
jets passing defense-worlds better
jets rushing offense-worlds better
pats passing offense-worlds better

First, you don't know if the run offense is worlds better. Based on what? Neither team has committed to the run this preseason like they will in the regular season. Neither Greene nor LT have shown durabilty and consistency in recent history. The o-line has yet to show they are a cohesive unit.

Second, this is a QB league and the fact that the Pats are worlds better in that category more than make up for a lot of deficiencies in a lot of areas. Hence why the Pats finished above the Jets for the division even with their deficiencies on defense because even with broken ribs and finger Brady was able to win games.

under your assumption,one could argue that the pats offensive line has yet to show they are a cohesive unit,thus,the passing attack could suffer greatly.i need you to trust me on this one.the jets will have a serviceable running attack as will the pats having a passing attack.nothing really to argue about.unless you just like to argue

You're right that the Patriots offensive line has a lot to prove. The difference is that the Patriots passing game has proven itself in the past with Moss/Welker/Brady.

The Jets running game with Greene/Thomlinson hasn't proven anything yet.

under your assumption,one could argue that the pats offensive line has yet to show they are a cohesive unit,thus,the passing attack could suffer greatly.i need you to trust me on this one.the jets will have a serviceable running attack as will the pats having a passing attack.nothing really to argue about.unless you just like to argue

Actually, the Pats offensive line has played pretty well this preseason especially blocking for Brady.

As for the Jets having a serviceable running attack, they will need a superior running attack to make up for Sanchez's deficiencies. The Pats will have a superior passing attack because we saw it all preseason. And if Gronkowski plays as well as he played in the preseason, the Pats may have corrected the one flaw in their passing attack last year (red zone offense).

The difference with comparing the two is that the only loss the Pats have had in their passing game is Logan Mankins. The Jets have lost Thomas Jones and Faneca. The Pats have added additional options for Brady where he only had two or three options last year in the passing game. Last year it was all Moss and Welker with Faulk on third downs and this year he has Tate, Edelman, Gronk, and Hernandez. The Jets still only have two RBs who are likely to carry the ball. Whether they will be an upgrade or not is still wait and see. Also, Dante Scarnecchia has a history of plugging random players in the line and getting production while I don't think Bill Callahan has such a track record.

I disagree I am arguing for the sake of arguing. The Jets did not return this year with the same running team. They pretty much revamped it for better or worse. The Pats' passing game from last year is in tact other than Mankins and the Pats gave Brady more weapons to play with. That is a big difference.

You know what? Greene and Tomlinson could be a huge upgrade over Jones and Greene. But it could be a huge drop off. Both Greene and Tomlinson could be beaten up by week three and limp through the rest of the season for all we know. I think Tomlinson will come out of the gate with something to prove, but the question is whether he can keep that intensity for the entire season. Greene needs to show he is durable especially with the style he plays and if the LG position doesn't open holes he will have to run through more defenders.

Last edited:
Shonn Greene twice the RB of Thomas Jones?

BA HA HA HA HA HA. Rightio mate.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back