PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting interview with CJ Spiller

Exactly. Basically, whatever klinefan says, take the exact opposite and you can know with 100 percent certitude that it'd be a good decision.

lol I had to take him of ignore just to see what he said. He is the first and only person on my ignore list and probably my last. I can stand stupid but not ignorance.

He was already my "binky" for this draft, but the I just want to get the playbook, was great! He is very smart with a high GPA and has already graduated.

Draft this kid at 22, take him now!!!!

I think that Spiller is going to be a great RB for someone but he's going to go too early for the Pats to bite. If I trade up for anyone, it would be for a defensive player, like a McClain or maybe a Suh, if Wilfork does not get resigned.

I've heard some buzz that they really like Jonathan Dwyer out of GT. Good chance he'll be around when they pick.

I've heard some buzz that they really like Jonathan Dwyer out of GT. Good chance he'll be around when they pick.

I like Dwyer too, but I really can't see the Pats drafting a running back in the first round.

I like Dwyer too, but I really can't see the Pats drafting a running back in the first round.

I dunno, I get the feeling that unless someone falls, Wilfork-style, the 1st round will be a value pick with the three 2nd round picks used for need.

e.g.

22 Dwyer (RB) / Gresham (TE) / Cody (NT) / Morgan (DE/OLB) / Spiller (RB)
42 Greg Hardy (DE/OLB)
46 Ducasse (OG/OT)
53 Lane (DE/OLB)

I dunno, I get the feeling that unless someone falls, Wilfork-style, the 1st round will be a value pick with the three 2nd round picks used for need.

e.g.

22 Dwyer (RB) / Gresham (TE) / Cody (NT) / Morgan (DE/OLB) / Spiller (RB)
42 Greg Hardy (DE/OLB)
46 Ducasse (OG/OT)
53 Lane (DE/OLB)

Morgan falling to 22 would be a huge slide. He could go top 10 and almost certainly won't last past Jacksonville at 10-11 or Tennessee at 17.

Cody, Spiller and Carlos Dunlap would all be good value at 22.

I'd love to trade 46 and 53 to Atlanta for 19 and 83 and get 2 playmakers. 2/3 of Cody, Spiller and Dunlap would be sweet, along with an OG/OT like Ducasse at 46/47. I love Austen Lane, but I'm not yet sure where he goes in the draft. We might be able to get him in the 3rd round.

I'd love to trade 46 and 53 to Atlanta for 19 and 83 and get 2 playmakers. 2/3 of Cody, Spiller and Dunlap would be sweet, along with an OG/OT like Ducasse at 46/47. I love Austen Lane, but I'm not yet sure where he goes in the draft. We might be able to get him in the 3rd round.

83 just seems a little low to me, I feel like he'll go in the 60-80 range - end of the 2nd round, gone by mid-3rd. He seems to be everyone's sleeper. If we want to get him, 53 makes so much sense. Perhaps we trade down a little within the 2nd round to the early 60s, swap picks with someone who wants to move forwards and pick up a low 3rd/early 4th at the same time. But 83 scares me because only one team has to take a shot at him before us, and he's gone.

Scott Wright: When you get your first NFL paycheck what is the first thing you will buy?
C.J. Spiller: I just want to get the playbook.

Anyone think he's trying almost too hard?

Well, maybe, but one thing's for sure. He sounds like a Patriot already!

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back