PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indy TV sound Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontSeven

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I heard that strange metallic crowd noice again. Did anybody else? I've never heard anything like it in any other game.

I call it metallic because it's too weird to describe any other way. It seemed to come and go, only lasting a few seconds, as if it was being turned on or off, or like a feedback they could not control.

I honestly don't know, but it sounded like the crowd noise was being distorted by something that made it sound "hollow" like being hollow with a metallic ring to it.

I heard it also, but I thought it was a problem with the feed, not piped in sound. Manning's voice, when making his calls at the line, seemed to have that same metallic ring to it.

My GF referred to it as a C5A noise (airplane)

I heard that strange metallic crowd noice again. Did anybody else? I've never heard anything like it in any other game.

I call it metallic because it's too weird to describe any other way. It seemed to come and go, only lasting a few seconds, as if it was being turned on or off, or like a feedback they could not control.

I honestly don't know, but it sounded like the crowd noise was being distorted by something that made it sound "hollow" like being hollow with a metallic ring to it.

I thought it sounded like a plane landing, but constant and for a big part of the game, I turned on the local radio feed and there wasn't anything at all.

I heard it also, but I thought it was a problem with the feed, not piped in sound. Manning's voice, when making his calls at the line, seemed to have that same metallic ring to it.

Anyone wonder why feed problems only happen when they show Colts games AT the RCA dome??

Anyone wonder why feed problems only happen when they show Colts games AT the RCA dome??

I think there were 2 other games this year that didn't involve the Colts that it happened at too. One of them involving the Pats. I could be wrong...

It was like a constant hum, but in fairness, it was during Indy's possessions too. I remember being at an Expos game in Montreal and there seemed to be a hum in that dome too.

I heard it too...it was the sound of Polian ....kinda like a constant whining........

It's moot now. When's the wrecking ball come in?

I was thinking, the Pats closed out old Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium with a great win; Colts closed out RCA with a thudding loss.

That sound was extremely annoying- I was shocked that the network didn't take care of it.

And yes, feed problems happen all the time, and it DID happen in one game for the Pats, too. I do not think we have uncovered a conspiracy.

It does sound like an airplane.
I guess I have to say there is no funny business.
The league would have investigated if there was.:rolleyes:
But how come that noise only happens at Indy?

The sound wasn't just on the TV broadcast. I listened to the majority of the game on my radio on WEEI while jogging at the track, and throughout the game it sounded as if an airplane was taking off, most notably when the crowd had quieted down after a big Chargers play, and whenever the broadcasters stopped talking.

I heard it during one of the late season games at Gillette. It's obviously just a TV thing, aka trying to mix crowd noise into the audio.

During worry guys, i'm sure it's just CBS's fault again that you can hear the sound of people cheering coming out of the speakers when you are physically at the stadium.

During worry guys, i'm sure it's just CBS's fault again that you can hear the sound of people cheering coming out of the speakers when you are physically at the stadium.

I go to every game. Tell me which one you were at when you heard it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST