PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm not feeling very confident, reassure me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I remember after seeing the Giants earlier this year how I felt someone ripped out my gut. After Brady threw that TD to Gronk, I went into the other room where my dad and grandfather were having dinner and told them "We won." Then we all know what happened. I thought anyway "At least we won't have to see them again."

The Giants remind me of the 01-04 Pats. Great defense, clutch QB play, and a lot of luck on their side. On the right side of the 3 point games, last second drives...**** like Cundiff happens to them all the time. Not to mention, they aren't afraid of playing anyone. Seeing "Tom Brady and Bill Belichick" on the other side means nothing to them.

I keep hearing how much Brady "wants this," but he wanted the Ravens game too and look how he played. He might be hiding a more serious injury than we know that we only hear about at the end of the year.

Not to mention the Giants front four. (Not even talking about the last SB, talking about this year)...they gave Brady fits and he had his worst regular season game of the year other than the last drive.

The Giants basically remind me of the Ravens only with a younger defense and better QB.

I know we CAN win the game and that Belichick can come up with some kind of gameplan, but I'm just not feeling this, and I've never wanted a sports team to win so bad in my life. The Grady Little/Aaron Boone game was erased by the Yankees losing to the Marlins. 2004 was unexpected...when they were down 0-3 I thought they were done and was prepared if they did lose one of the games.

The 07 SB, I remember getting over it pretty easily. I was pissed, but I was more pissed that the Patriots didn't show up. They didn't play a good game. Even Troy Brown admitted recently that they were arrogant and thought they'd just walk over the Giants.

I want Welker to get a ring. I want Brady/Belichick to be the no doubt greatest ever.

Couple or few very important notes here:

---Brady DID NOT have his worst game of the season, or anywhere close to it. He threw for 350 yards, and 2 TD's. He unfortunately also threw 2 INT's.

---If you went into the other room during the battle that was that game, and proclaimed that "we won" with several minutes left to go, you MAY have some issues that need to be dealt with.

---the NYG defense does not remind me, or anyone of the Baltimore Ravens.

---Most importantly, if you were able to get over the 2007 season's SB "pretty easily" you have something inside you that we do not understand very well around these parts.

I think that many people in the fanbase are indeed, concerned.

The Giants are a balanced team, and are hot at the right time. However, these Pats have shown a little something themselves. They have now won, what? 11 in a row? 10 in a row? That speaks volumes.

It will likely be a well matched up game, but I am sure that we will have not only a great gameplan, but a lot of intensity that will not be matched..despite what all the mediots say. They just matched up pretty well vs the toughest defense in the NFL, that should tell you something.

They had 5 drives, all in length of 10+ plays...that's quite impressive.

Brady will probably not have 2 sub-par games in a row, and will be well prepared.

The defense has not allowed 30+ pts all season by themselves, and we are more than capable of putting up 30 or so on our side.

Despite what anyone says, the Pats are still the current favorite of a FG, and that is on neutral turf. They'd be about a 5 to 6 pt favorite in Foxborough. There is plenty of hope for you to have in this game.

I'm talking about Brady's last drive with about 90 seconds left. I thought "no way it happens again" especially with the way Eli was playing that game.

I don't like our secondary vs. their receivers. I don't like our O-Line against their front four. I also fear that Brady wants it so bad, that he will try to force things (the INT and near INT in the Broncos game and the 2 INTs in the Ravens game.)

I remember the way he was in 01-04. Sure he had a reason to feel confident, we had a great team that was head and shoulders better than everyone else, but he had this thing about him. He's still motivated, don't get me wrong, but back then, he was more relaxed and motivated at the same time if that makes sense.

Go check out the thread with the pics of Gronk and other Patriots partying Sunday night. They look like a pretty confident bunch to me.

I feel pretty d@mn good about the Patriots chances in this game.

I'm talking about Brady's last drive with about 90 seconds left. I thought "no way it happens again" especially with the way Eli was playing that game.

I don't like our secondary vs. their receivers. I don't like our O-Line against their front four. I also fear that Brady wants it so bad, that he will try to force things (the INT and near INT in the Broncos game and the 2 INTs in the Ravens game.)

I remember the way he was in 01-04. Sure he had a reason to feel confident, we had a great team that was head and shoulders better than everyone else, but he had this thing about him. He's still motivated, don't get me wrong, but back then, he was more relaxed and motivated at the same time if that makes sense.

I hear your concerns about the secondary buddy, but they've actually played a lot better since moving Moore to CB when McCourty goes back to safety in some of the sub-packages. Arrington is certainly good enough to handle one of those "big 3" on the other side, and Moore seems to be holding his own lately too. You've got to like his ability to play the ball.

The D-line, and the LB'ers were almost perfect on Sunday, besides Anderson failing to set the edge on 2 occasions, and Spikes apparently hitting the wrong gap on 1 occasion (per GBerdard).

That defense has something to prove, and may very well come out better than you envision.

As far as the O-line goes, I think they did an absolutely incredible job at protecting Brady on Sunday---Ravens only had 1 total sack. They may be able to hold their own vs this overrated NYG front 4 we keep hearing of. While I do think the NYG are a great front 7 team, they are not the Baltimore Ravens.

The BAL game likely was a great pre-game for us to review and realize what can be done better.

awww...poor iddle widdle bunny need a hug? let ol' Unca Joker help you out ,son....

bunny.jpg

Well you're right, the defense has improved in the playoffs. Even if it was the Broncos, they gave up 20 something points to that same Broncos offense in the regular season.

I guess I'm looking at the Ravens game. Defense played well overall, but there were a lot of missed opportunities by Flacco. Eli possibly completes those bombs, and also that roll out in the red zone that would have made it an 8 point game in the 4th quarter.

On the other hand, an interesting stat that bodes well for us is that in SB rematches, the team that won the first time is 5-7 the second time around. Also like someone said no 9-7 team has ever won the SB.

Well you're right, the defense has improved in the playoffs. Even if it was the Broncos, they gave up 20 something points to that same Broncos offense in the regular season.

I guess I'm looking at the Ravens game. Defense played well overall, but there were a lot of missed opportunities by Flacco. Eli possibly completes those bombs, and also that roll out in the red zone that would have made it an 8 point game in the 4th quarter.

On the other hand, an interesting stat that bodes well for us is that in SB rematches, the team that won the first time is 5-7 the second time around. Also like someone said no 9-7 team has ever won the SB.

And if brady completes that pass to gronk in first quarter ,it wouldnt have come to the missed FG. Or if pats had converted a 3rd and 4. Mistakes are part of sports and under the pressure cooker the ravens choked.
Both the pats and giants defense wont last the whole game. Thats just the nature of the superbowl. The defenses tire very fast. So come the 3rd and 4th quarter if the game is close, just enjoy the shootout.If we can win a SB with hank poteat covering Terrell Owens , we certainly have a chance in this.

People seem relatively confident.

I'm afraid that I'm not as confident, and like the original poster, I'm nervous about this game. The NYG scare me more than the Ravens did. Eli > Flacco. I fear the D-line. I fear the receivers.

NE is on a roll and they should be well prepared, but the NYG are very hot and they have plenty of talent.

It'd be amazing to see an early TD followed by a turnover to jump out to a 10-0 or 14-0 lead...

If the defense plays like they did against the Ravens, Pats have a great chance to win the SB. If they don't, things get dicey.

Giants don't have the Ravens' secondary but they're still good. It's the pass rush where they're dangerous obviously.

On the other side, I don't see the Pats defense generating much pressure on Eli. I do see them containing the run. The Pats secondary are going to have to stay with Nicks and company.

Last edited:
I'm in a weird place. It's not fear, but I don't know if it's confidence. I wonder if Colts fans felt like some of us are feeling when we took them on in the playoffs all those times.

They beat us this year. We're both better. Both confident. This team seems to be loose and having fun (can't speak for the Giants). Anything could happen. And who knows how the Giants react to all the press they'll inevitably get next week about this run versus their 2007 run.

I really, really wish that the 49ers had won last Sunday.

I'm not feeling very good about this game either, but then I think about how they lost to the Redskins and Seahawks.....showing that they are capable of being THAT bad.

Couple or few very important notes here:

---Brady DID NOT have his worst game of the season, or anywhere close to it. He threw for 350 yards, and 2 TD's. He unfortunately also threw 2 INT's.

---If you went into the other room during the battle that was that game, and proclaimed that "we won" with several minutes left to go, you MAY have some issues that need to be dealt with.

---the NYG defense does not remind me, or anyone of the Baltimore Ravens.

---Most importantly, if you were able to get over the 2007 season's SB "pretty easily" you have something inside you that we do not understand very well around these parts.

you guys really overrate the Baltimore defense. One of the top ones no doubt, but our defense since its gotten healthy has been just as impressive as anybody

you guys really overrate the Baltimore defense. One of the top ones no doubt, but our defense since its gotten healthy has been just as impressive as anybody

yeah we'll see about that.

If New England loses the Super Bowl I'll still consider this a GREAT season. You can't ask for a more exciting playoff championship game than last Sunday. And lest we forget, it WAS a CHAMPIONSHIP game. I'm proud of this team win or lose next week and just plan to enjoy the hype leading up to it.

If we lose to the Giants I'm going to buy AFC Champions gear, for the first time. Just think about what the Pats already have accomplished with a defense still in rebuilding mode.

What week did the Giants D get healthy?

If New England loses the Super Bowl I'll still consider this a GREAT season. You can't ask for a more exciting playoff championship game than last Sunday. And lest we forget, it WAS a CHAMPIONSHIP game. I'm proud of this team win or lose next week and just plan to enjoy the hype leading up to it.

If we lose to the Giants I'm going to buy AFC Champions gear, for the first time. Just think about what the Pats already have accomplished with a defense still in rebuilding mode.

I said the same thing. First time since 2001 and I'll buy it the day after the Superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes