PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you had one Q for BB what would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Ernie Adams up to these days?

I watched All Access last night and there was a quick shot of him sitting in the Pats draft room last weekend. That doesn't exactly answer your question and I'm not sure anyone knows exactly what it is Adams does. But he must still be prominently involved if he was in the draft room.

There is only one question to ask.

How long will you coach the Patriots?

You took mine.

I'd have to be assured of an honest response and not one usual non-answers.;)

I would ask him how much influence his father had on him and get him to tell me some stories about him.

how about "which superbowl year/ring are you most proud of and why?"

im sure each year was different for both the players and staff and i would be intersted to see how they felt about each one, because im sure the media has different favorites then him...

You took mine.

I'd have to be assured of an honest response and not one usual non-answers.;)

Need a way to ask that as I really doubt he is going to provide an answer to SBB when that answer is more closely guarded than gold in Fort Knox.

Perhaps you can ask if he has met all his goals and objectives he sought out to do when he got here, or if he has alot more left to achieve here such as winning more Superbowls in one run than any other team in the history of the NFL?

You could also ask him if he could possibly envision a better relationship between player, coach, ownership & fan base than the way everything appears to be right here in Foxboro.

I saw the All Access draft show,which guy was Adams?The guy with the Goatee?

I saw the All Access draft show,which guy was Adams?The guy with the Goatee?

No, not the guy with the goatee. It's hard to explain what he looks like so... since a picture's worth a thousand words, this should save me quite a bit of typing. These pictures are from an appearance Adams and David Halberstam did last year to promote Education of a Coach.

http://www.andover.edu/news/HalberstamVisit06.htm

I am curious if they go back to previous drafts and self scout; "How did we miss this guy?" or "How can we avoid missing a Colson, or other player that turns out to be a late round gem that every body passsed on?"

The other questions would be about "clutchness". The players that come up big in big situations. Can you scout for or recognize it? Can it be coached or learned? Does it enter into your decisions on who to keep and who to let go? Is there a way to put a player in a non game environment to test that ability? Are you willing to pay more for it? Are there some players that don't practice well, but show up at game time? Can you give some examples?

As fans, we all cringe at the thought of us never having gotten Belichick and the 1st round pick the team gave up for him is laughable at this point. We hate to think of where our team would be right now. In the same light, has he ever wondered where he'd be right now if Bob Kraft had wanted someone else?

If you are talking about the one on June 7th at the Fidelity clubhouse I'm going too !!!!!:)

There is only one question to ask.

How long will you coach the Patriots?

This is my question too, but he'll likely not answer such a direct question. Maybe you could ask him this instead:

"Knowing that there are pluses and minuses for everything, based on your experience do you prefer to coach established veteran laden teams on the roster or teams with younger players?"

It's indirect for sure, but maybe he'll give you an idea of what he's thinking regarding his future in coaching. If you get the chance, I would ask this BEFORE anyone else asks about his future in coaching.

Last edited:
I would ask him why does he have so many players on IR every year? Are they all legitimately injured? Does he ever reget putting someone on IR too soon?

I'd also like to know if his father had a chance to read the Halberstam book before he passed away and if so, what did he think of it?

I'm trying to think of questions that might get BB's attention and get him interested in giving more than a "sound bite" answer that he would give to a reporter in the locker room who asked him an obvious question. So...

If you were forced to rank Paul Brown and Vince Lombardi in terms of their long term impact as HC's in the NFL, 1--2, how would you rank them?

Last edited:
Or...if you were forced to rank the impact of the greatest innovations in Professional Football in the last 100 years, 1--2--3, how would you rank putting the QB over the Center, the introduction of the T formation and the introduction of the West Coast Offense?

Last edited:
WHEN DOES YOUR CONTRACT RUN THROUGH?

z

Last edited:
OK, here's another.

How do you go about ensuring that the Patriots maintain a consistent philosophy but remain open to fresh ideas? (Invites him to talk about his recruitment of coaches and how he interacts with coaches outside the organization.)

Or...which game had the greater long term impact on the future of Professional Football in the US: 1958 Colts--Giants or 1969 Jets--Colts?

The questions I would have, he wouldn't answer ;)

No doubt - but even knowing one isn't going to get a straight answer there's a few I'd like to as.

I'm thinking about the last game against Miami in 2005 where Cassell was QB and his last minute TD throw to win the game failed to connect.

It was pretty clear to most folks that Jacksonsville was the most favorable matchup for us going into the first round of the playoffs as we'd had their number multiple times before.... hence a loss most agreed placed us in a better situation for the playoffs.

The question would be, would you ever intentionally attempt to lose a game to help your team in the playoffs?

Of course the answer would have to be - if it would help my team get closer to a SB than yes - but he can't admit to throwing a game.

Now not trying one's hardest is a different matter - and by benching Brady to make sure he's healthy in the playoffs BB was doing that - but I think he intentionally lost the Miami game and can never admit it.

Or...in 1956, the NFL instituted the "Lou Groza Rule," forbidding the use of artificial aids by place kickers. Given that FG's under 40 yards have now become chip shots for top NFL kickers, should the NFL do something to diminish the "value" of a FG within 40 yards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back