PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could have One player from another team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzafted

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Stolen idea from the Chargers board.

If we could add one player from the league to this team, who would you pick? It can't be someone just to sabotage another team; it's got to be a player that you would legitimately like to have here.

I'm going with Champ Bailey. Could you imagine?

Oh, good question.

Troy Polamalu would look awful good in a Pats uniform.

I would want a monster offensive lineman. We've never really had a dominant O-linemen in a long time.

If we assume that he can be calmed down by the Pats organization the way other loudmouth jerks are, I'd say LdT. RB is the secondmost important position on the field after QB.

Besides, can you imagine LdT and Randy Moss on the same team? Opponents would ALWAYS have to respect the halfback option pass then.

Another interesting choice would be Calvin Johnson. Just how do you stop the Pats with Johnson and Moss both on the field? Ditto Antonio Gates.

Bailey and Polamalu are good calls too. Interestingly, while I'd like to name an ILB, I'm not coming up with anybody. Urlacher is closest.

If we assume that he can be calmed down by the Pats organization the way other loudmouth jerks are, I'd say LdT. RB is the secondmost important position on the field after QB.

Besides, can you imagine LdT and Randy Moss on the same team? Opponents would ALWAYS have to respect the halfback option pass then.

Another interesting choice would be Calvin Johnson. Just how do you stop the Pats with Johnson and Moss both on the field? Ditto Antonio Gates.

Bailey and Polamalu are good calls too. Interestingly, while I'd like to name an ILB, I'm not coming up with anybody. Urlacher is closest.

Yaaaaa.....I dont know about the LdT of this year. He kinda sucks so far. Sammy Morris is ahead of him in almost every catigory except TD passes thrown. He will probably bounce back but.......

Bob Sanders single handedly makes Indy have a defense...thought the pats were gonna take him in the draft and still think he would be one hell of a fit in new england. Also the only player on that roster I respect. I think LaRon Landry would be pretty sick to have, too. But if we're talking tailback, I'd take Steven Jackson over anyone right now.

Last edited:
I can think of 2 players that I'd dive over others to get right off the top of my head, and they are Steve Smith of Carolina and Stephen Jackson of the Rams. And, given the Patriots depth comparison at the two spots, I'd probably choose Jackson.

God d@mn Stephen Jackson would be a BEAST with this team. I'm starting to sell short on Maroney... He has bad instincts at the line. You can't teach that. If we just had a big bruiser who could bust off guard and break tackles... Oh man. It wouldn't even be fair.

Will we have a healthy Seymour for the Indy game?

Right now, I'd probably take Taylor or Julius Peppers.

Wouild have to consider Ed Reed...

Bob Sanders. He's young and he's a beast.

Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders are both up at the end of this season for Indy. They can only franchise one. I hope we get a crack at one of them.

Ed Reed is the best player in the National Football League, offense or defense. I'd take him without hesitation, never looking back to say "wish I had another guy."

Peyton Manning as our 2nd string QB.

Peyton Manning as our 2nd string QB.

I thought of that one too. :)

But I'd rather have another great player we'll actually use instead.

Ed Reed -- duh. I should have thought of that one ...:bricks:

Champ Bailey. How much better would our already good secondary be with a true, shutdown corner.

Brian Urlacher

Could you imagine him next to Thomas....dear god.

It depends how you frame the question, are we talking long term or just this year. Long term obviously skews toward younger players. Assuming just for this year....

It's hard not to look at safeties, because having an impact player at safety would make more of a difference than any other position compared to what we have now. Adding LT2 or Steven Jackson would be crazy, but at this point our offense is so good it's almost overkill. I believe a great safety would have more impact than a great RB. With that in mind, I'd take, in order

1.) Ed Reed
2.) Walter Jones
3.) Adrian Wilson
4.) LT
5.) Steven Jackson

urlacher with the front we would have..we woulndt need any cbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference