PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could have One player from another team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bailey, then Urlacher or Reed. We haven't had a shut down corner since Law. I keep waiting for them to draft one, but they don't. I can't even get BB or Pioli to return my calls on that issue......

We're good to go for this year and Patrick Willis fits in nicely for the future...But for this year only, I would say Ed Reed or Champ Bailey.

1. Bailey
2. Reed
3. Urlacher
4. Sanders
5. A. Wilson

Blink of an eye.

I see a lot of people mention Urlacher. I'm not critisizing, and the man is a monster at MLB in the Tampa 2... but where do you put him here? ILB in a 3-4?

For me, it comes down how improvement the one player would make. Jamaal Williams is arguably a better NT than Wilfork but only a small amount. Safety Corner, RG, and RT are the positions with the most room for improvement.

So put me in the Champ Bailey and Ed Reed fan clubs.

Since the main objective is to win the Super Bowl, my choice would be Peyton Manning! :D

First, I think he'd make a pretty good backup for Tom.

Second, the Colts are the only real competition we have. Without Peyton, they would be lost!

I see a lot of people mention Urlacher. I'm not critisizing, and the man is a monster at MLB in the Tampa 2... but where do you put him here? ILB in a 3-4?

Good question, I guess...I was thinking ILB...why not?
I bet BB would find a place...edge rusher...goal line fullback....shut down corner ("Okay Brian, the WR takes one step and you shut him down by breaking him in two....")

For me, it comes down how improvement the one player would make. Jamaal Williams is arguably a better NT than Wilfork but only a small amount. Safety Corner, RG, and RT are the positions with the most room for improvement.

So put me in the Champ Bailey and Ed Reed fan clubs.

I agree. I'm a little stunned by how many people are mentioning RBs when we HAVE a really good RB. If we're looking to improve the team, doesn't it make sense to target positions where we lack playmaking talent or depth?

In order:
Reed
Sanders
Wilson
Bailey
Urlacher

Ed Reed
Champ Bailey
Bob Sanders
Steve Hutchison

Adam Vinatieri

Sorry, but Gost misses way too many easy FG's. The first SD KO was awesome, but all the rest went short.

I was the guy that took John Lynch,He is a good player,I think he is a good patriots type player.Yes,He's Older,But he is definately still a play maker.Ive always been a lynch fan..

I don't know, man. You could have ANYONE, why pick Lynch. He would barely be an upgrade, if at all. Ed Reed makes this defense one of the best ever.

Looks like Champ Bailey is a favorite on this board. Why? He started showboating about 5 yards too early back in 2005 and should have had that TD overruled as a touchback. Why not take someone that is young, raw and about to burst like Adrain Wilson? - that guy under a two year tutilege of BB would be incredible. Plus - our safeties could both be gone/retired next year.

Last edited:
Looks like Champ Bailey is a favorite on this board. Why? He started showboating about 5 yards too early back in 2005 and should have had that TD overruled as a touchback. Why not take someone that is young, raw and about to burst like Adrain Wilson? - that guy under a two year tutilege of BB would be incredible. Plus - our safeties could both be gone/retired next year.

Because Bailey is a lock HoFer still in his prime?

John Lynch is about 50 years old. Lynch in his prime? No argument. But at this point I'd take Meriweather, Sanders, Geno and Rodney-with-his-suspension over John Lynch.

Bob Sanders

I think it would be crazy if we had TO. I've always wondered what a team would be like with both him & Moss.

On defense I'd probably go with Champ Bailey.

Lt....not the fa hagot in SD, the original one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back