PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could have One player from another team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed Reed would be my choice.

I second that. Ed Reed will go down as one of the greatest safety's to ever play. Listen to BB when he talks about great players, he references Ed Reed all the time.

Last edited:
Ed Reed will go down as one of the greatest safety's to ever play.

Totally. I think he is a modern-era Ronnie Lott. However, if a player with Sanders' ability was put into a Belichick scheme, imagine what he could accomplish. The thing about Reed is that he has been properly utilized by the likes of Del Rio, Nolan and Ryan...Sanders is a classic 3-4 safety being forced to play in that bush-league cover two scheme. You can tell in his heart he is a linebacker trapped in the body of a corner. If Tony "God hates press coverage" Dungy realized how to properly utilize his tallent, Sanders would be far more than just another premier safety. Just the thought of him on the patriots roster gives me a sem-dog...

Troy Polamalu. Guy doesnt speak much,humble and just does his job . He is like Troy Brown on defense

Hands down Peyton Manning. QB is the most important position and he is in his own league ahead of everyone else.

A sleeper that no one has really mentioned is Marcus McNeil. He's in just his 2nd year and is one of the league's best LTs.

In this order:

1) Ed Reed
2) Champ Bailey
3) Bob Sanders
4) Nick Mangold
5) Kerry Rhodes

I agree with all of those except Mangold, Stephen Neal is a tremendous center. He might be the smartest one in the NFL, it is said by Daunte that he never makes a bad step. Thats a hell of an impressive thing to say coming from DS

I agree with all of those except Mangold, Stephen Neal is a tremendous center. He might be the smartest one in the NFL, it is said by Daunte that he never makes a bad step. Thats a hell of an impressive thing to say coming from DS

Neal is the right guard. Koppen is the center.

Hands down Peyton Manning. QB is the most important position and he is in his own league ahead of everyone else.

A sleeper that no one has really mentioned is Marcus McNeil. He's in just his 2nd year and is one of the league's best LTs.

I think he meant for the Patriots. I doubt Peyton could play wide receiver, but you never know.

Hell, I'm surprised you guys haven't cloned Marino by now.

If you package your 1st and second round picks you might be able to get Damon Huard, that would be my plan.

for the record my own pick would be Lofu Tutupo. I know he is not as prolific as Ed Reed but this team is stacked as it is, it needs depth and strong positional players

Neal is the right guard. Koppen is the center.

Sh!t you're right I was thinking of Neal I got his back story mixed up with Koppen's I did mean Koppen though I read that Koppen's rookie year. my bad any day I would get that right except for today. the whole time i was typing it felt wrong too but i didnt kow why

Last edited:
Ed Reed
Champ Bailey
Bob Sanders
Steve Hutchison

This is the list that most closely matches what I was going to say. I might put Bailey above Reed.

Eff Bob Sanders! I have beleived this since last January: Ed Reed single handedly kept the Ravens in that playoff game and would have won it if A) Ray Lewis had stayed out of his way and B) the Ref had made the correct call on the rediculous INT lateral before stepping out of bounds play. Bob Sanders is to Ed Reed like Deion Branch is to Randy Moss.

Last edited:
A dominant QB or RB is always going to be more valuable than any single defensive player. A dominant corner can only cover one guy. A dominant lineman or LB can be double-teamed. A dominant QB or running back breaks games open. You can't just send a single receiver out in a pattern to take them out of a play or double team them to neutralize them like you can with a defensive player.

Last edited:
Stolen idea from the Chargers board.

If we could add one player from the league to this team, who would you pick? It can't be someone just to sabotage another team; it's got to be a player that you would legitimately like to have here.

I'm going with Champ Bailey. Could you imagine?

I have to say Bruce Wilfork.

Dallas' NTs are either run stoppers or pass rushers, but not both.

A dominant QB or RB is always going to be more valuable than any single defensive player. A dominant corner can only cover one guy. A dominant lineman or LB can be double-teamed. A dominant QB or running back breaks games open. You can't just send a single receiver out in a pattern to take them out of a play or double team them to neutralize them like you can with a defensive player.

OK, who let John "What's Defense?" Clayton join the forum?! Learn yourself some football, brah! That was ig-nant! You are a pat's fan, man, you should know better than anyone that offense can be gameplanned against and that a dominant defender is far more valuable than an extraordinary offensive player.

Last edited:
Ed Reed is the answer for those of you who still haven't figured it out.

OK, who let John "What's Defense?" Clayton join the forum?! Learn yourself some football, brah! That was ig-nant! You are a pat's fan, man, you should know better than anyone that offense can be gameplanned against and that a dominant defender is far more valuable than an extraordinary offensive player.

You're dead wrong. A Peyton Manning or LT is far more valuable for winning games than Ed Reed. A defensive team full of Ed Reed players is another story. But one for one, no one would trade Manning or LT for Ed Reed.

Last edited:
You're dead wrong. A Peyton Manning or LT is far more valuable for winning games than Ed Reed.

That's arguable, but if you HAVE Tom Brady and Laurence Maroney already, Ed Reed is far more valuable than adding a Peyton or LT.

That's arguable, but if you HAVE Tom Brady and Laurence Maroney already, Ed Reed is far more valuable than adding a Peyton or LT.

Disagree, when you could trade Manning and get two or three Ed Reed's. No one said the player you are adding is not tradeable. Also there is a large gap between the abilities of LT and Maroney. Maroney is no Brady at his position.

Last edited:
Dude, put down the sportscenter and walk away slowly...play a snap and then we'll talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back