PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could have BB or Tom Brady...

Status
Not open for further replies.
<<
You should bite your tongue off for making this post. Seriously, I believe that the Pats would fall like a stone to the bottom of the NFL if they lost either of these people. >>

But that's what makes it an interesting topic. It makes us consider what we think about those who we're starting to take for granted.

This post started out of a discussion I was having with a fellow fan, and we were talking about how Brady was being accused of "failing in the clutch". It seemed very strange to us that our expectations of Brady have become so irrationally high that we're disappointed when he doesn't go 90 yards in 50 seconds.

I for one am not convinced that Bill Bellichick + most of the other starters in the league would perform as well as the pats with Brady have. I think that Brady is not only one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, but also one of the best offensive minds of all time. The adjustments he makes at the line and the way he reads defenses makes him as important as the OC.

<< Football isn't like basketball where 1 player can change the entire game. >>

I disagree with this. We see examples all of the time where a single player comes aboard and DOES change the entire game. Take LT. Take this year and Drew Brees at the Saints. Take Vince Young.

I would DEFINITLY take BB over TB.

I disagree. Brady would probably have a Drew Brees-like career, and Belichick still would have won at least one if not multiple titles.

We're gonna have to do the ol agree to disagree on this one, b/c I couldn't be further from you. IMO, if Belichick left the Pats today, I think Brady could still lead us to more championships. But if Brady left the Pats today, I think we'd be lucky to make the playoffs.

There's no doubt Belichick is a mad genius, but some people act like he could take a group of high schoolers to the AFC title game, this team won 21 straight games b/c it might've been the one of the best teams ever assembled in addition to the fact that it had the best coach ever. It needed both, not one or the other. That said, if BB walked today, we'd still compete b/c of Brady.

Last edited:
We're gonna have to do the ol agree to disagree on this one, b/c I couldn't be further from you. IMO, if Belichick left the Pats today, I think Brady could still lead us to more championships. But if Brady left the Pats today, I think we'd be lucky to make the playoffs.

I don't know about that. There are ton's more solid QB's around the league (No discredit to tom, He IS the best), finding a replacement wouldn't be to bad - BB knows how to get em. Without his mastermind behind our team, we would be lucky to place 2nd in the division - behind all the tough competition.

There's no doubt Belichick is a mad genius, but some people act like he could take a group of high schoolers to the AFC title game, this team won 21 straight games b/c it might've been the one of the best teams ever assembled in addition to the fact that it had the best coach ever. It needed both, not one or the other. That said, if BB walked today, we'd still compete b/c of Brady.

We would compete, yes, just like Drew Brees and Peyton Manning compete but don't win the big one. The NFL is all about the coaches, more so than any other sport.

We would compete, yes, just like Drew Brees and Peyton Manning compete but don't win the big one. The NFL is all about the coaches, more so than any other sport.

I see your point, but the Brady replacement wouldn't necessarily be Peyton Manning or Drew Brees. What if it were Rex Grossman or even Philip Rivers. We wouldn't sniff playoffs.

But, on the flip side, I see what you're saying, if Pete Carrol were our coach, even with TB, we wouldn't be hauling in rings.

The bottom line, we need both, but I personally feel sometimes fans in this area underappreciate #12.

I see your point, but the Brady replacement wouldn't necessarily be Peyton Manning or Drew Brees. What if it were Rex Grossman or even Philip Rivers. We wouldn't sniff playoffs.

But, on the flip side, I see what you're saying, if Pete Carrol were our coach, even with TB, we wouldn't be hauling in rings.

The bottom line, we need both, but I personally feel sometimes fans in this area underappreciate #12.

While I don't want to see what would happen, if we had to replace TB. Let's hope we don't have to worry about thatuntil TB retires (hopefully with 5 or 6 Lombardi's in NE :D ), I would be willing to bet that BB could do a great job with a Drew Brees, or other QB's in the league. I have no doubt, BB could do an equal job with another QB as well as Brady. Given the choice, I would take BB over TB every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

EZ76

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Tom Brady in a purely non-homosexual way.
It's just that under Belichick and his philosophy of replaceable parts, I could see him finding a Phil Simms-type player or Trent Dilfer-type guy and still win multiple rings. The coach impacts every position on offense, defense, special teams, and has much more influence than one quarterback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft