PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

IF Wes Welker retires from NFL, will he sign 1-day deal with Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 Super Bowls with 0 TDs and declining production in every one. His best chance came in 07 but Samuel cost him the ring. In 11 and 13 though he simply wasn't good enough in either game when it mattered.
lol him and D. Thomas were the only two players to show up for Denver in the SB. One guy can't overcome 43-8 on his own. He choked away the trophy in 2011 for sure though and his drops vs Baltimore in 2012 were very costly. Let's not act like the dude was Marvin Harrison in the playoffs though.

He would have been SB 42 MVP had a flag for holding been thrown on that last Giants drive. He had a couple of huge drops but aside from that he was pretty good in the playoffs. Not to mention he missed the playoffs in 08 & 09 and was coming back from ACL surgery in 2010 and wasn't quite himself. You can hate the guy for leaving but give him credit for what he did here. He deserves to be a Pats hall of famer no doubt.

If you want to put him in the team HOF, then he would have to wait until all of the following are in.

Brady, McGinest, Seymour, Wilfork, Vrabel, Law, Harrison, Light, Gronk, Faulk, Woody, Andruzzi, Belichick, Weis, Crennell, Dante

and possibly many of these, depending on how things go from here until the wait is over
McCourty, Revis, Ninkovich, Jones, Collins, Hightower, Edleman, McDaniel, Patricia

and then he would be in a group with Moss, Mankins, and others who played well but were not part of Championships.

EDIT: Did this quick, I'm sure I missed some players.

If you want to put him in the team HOF, then he would have to wait until all of the following are in.

Brady, McGinest, Seymour, Wilfork, Vrabel, Law, Harrison, Light, Gronk, Faulk, Woody, Andruzzi, Belichick, Weis, Crennell, Dante

and possibly many of these, depending on how things go from here until the wait is over
McCourty, Revis, Ninkovich, Jones, Collins, Hightower, Edleman, McDaniel, Patricia

and then he would be in a group with Moss, Mankins, and others who played well but were not part of Championships.

EDIT: Did this quick, I'm sure I missed some players.
Fair enough point, could take a while. Especially with a lot of the dynasty players not in yet. He's certainly worthy though. I don't think Moss will get in. Don't think he played here long enough.

Welker cost us a Super Bowl by dropping that pass in 2011. He cost us another SB appearance by taking out Talib with that illegal pick play in the AFC Conference game in 2013. He's the Pats equivalent of Ray Allen to the Celts except he never won one for us. He's dead to me.

lol him and D. Thomas were the only two players to show up for Denver in the SB. One guy can't overcome 43-8 on his own.

"My husband could not catch the ball and throw it as well. Y'awl."
anna-burns.jpg

Changed my mind. Welker needs to be traded for and signed IMMEDIATELY

For some idiotic reason I chose to rewatch Super Bowl 46 and see that drop one more time. You could see the faces on the sideline when it happened because they knew it was pretty a win if he catches it. But there was also something else that bothered me that game. The last drive: both Branch and Hernandez dropped wide open passes that would have given the Patriots great field position. They dropped them, Brady takes a sack on 3rd down and we wasted time and a timeout. The amount of bad **** that happened that game is understated. Welker drops a difficult but catchable pass, Mayo makes one of the dumbest plays I've ever seen him make on Cruz's touchdown, and we force something like 3 fumbles and don't get one. I really shouldn't have watched that video because now I want to punch something.

Put on a Brady jersey and punch your Kaepernik bobble head....then laugh at it all back of the bus and shyt lying on the floor.

For some idiotic reason I chose to rewatch Super Bowl 46 and see that drop one more time. You could see the faces on the sideline when it happened because they knew it was pretty a win if he catches it. But there was also something else that bothered me that game. The last drive: both Branch and Hernandez dropped wide open passes that would have given the Patriots great field position. They dropped them, Brady takes a sack on 3rd down and we wasted time and a timeout. The amount of bad **** that happened that game is understated. Welker drops a difficult but catchable pass, Mayo makes one of the dumbest plays I've ever seen him make on Cruz's touchdown, and we force something like 3 fumbles and don't get one. I really shouldn't have watched that video because now I want to punch something.

I actually think they forced 4 fumbles and didn't recover any of them, since the first one came on the Victor Cruz TD drive due to penalty.

That entire drive just sucked. Mayo actually looks for the ball on that play and it's probably a pick

So it sounds like Welker isnt retiring now. If he is willing to play cheap then teams will be lining up to sign him, but I don't know what his minimum contract would be

He wants to play alongside Corn Ed Beef and Bawled Po Tater...for that he'll sign up for a Crate and Barrel glass plate, a fork, knife and plastic Manning soft drink glass from Papa John's.

False alarm. Her hooters are fake (artificial PSI).

NEW YORK, 2045 - The disembodied brain-in-a-jar of Commissioner Rodger Goodell has declared that the ongoing investigation into Wes Welker's Wifegate is ongoing ongoingly. A league source leaked to ESPN that the Colts have noticed that they have significantly deflated and are no longer as firm as they used to be.

"IF it happened, AND it was intentional, then that would give Welker a better grip," a league source who declined to be named said.

Stay tuned.

Put on a Brady jersey and punch your Kaepernik bobble head....then laugh at it all back of the bus and shyt lying on the floor.
When Tom did meet Kaepernick, what do you suppose he said? "Grow up, kid. You're in the big leagues now. Drop the hip-hop lifestyle and act like a man."

Agreed.

You can't reason with people who love regular season stats over playoff performance though. Surprisingly there are quite a few such people on this forum. Closet Peyton Manning fans no doubt.

It all counts. Regular season, post-season. Discounting one or the other is foolish, particularly when assessing a single player, as opposed to a team. So much goes into winning a game from the entire team. Pinning any win or loss on one person is a simple lack of understanding of the game. It's very common for simple-minded people to place all of the importance in a win or loss on one highly visible play, like a drop or turnover, but a person with a more thorough and rational thought process can view the game, or even the season, as a whole and make assessments on all of the factors involved.

We certainly have some epic simpletons in this thread. Boiling the career of one of the best receivers of his generation to one play? A truly amazing lack on insight.

Wow, I do not keep up on the gossip. I thought K-pistol was one of those "good guy" types just with a bunch of tattoos. I googled a little but not a lot... he was indeed warned to watch out and to surrround himself with people who will not charge him with anything. Or something.

Agree that it all counts, JJD... also agree that big-stage moments count more. You know what we'll all remember about Marino? He held a BUNCH of records, who cares, no ring. What will we remember about Elway? He finally got his rings. What will we remember about Trent Dilfer? Well, his team carried him to it... but can't argue with the ring.

I mean, it is HUGE. You can't evaluate the talent solely by the ring, but those big stages count for a lot. It's why losing Vinatieri to pick up a WAY better kicker with a stronger leg worried us so much. He was the "most clutch" kicker evah and all that. Also something to do with Evil Knievel or George Custer or something.

So I can understand saying "You know what? No gigantic money to convince YOU, Wes, you drop the ball those 1 or 2 times it counts... we're offering normal superstah money." He ended up signing elsewhere (for less, as I recall?)

But I can't understand hating him because of either one of these things. If he came back saying "let me retire a Patriot," I'm in the "all is forgiven" camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST