PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

IF Wes Welker retires from NFL, will he sign 1-day deal with Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all counts. Regular season, post-season. Discounting one or the other is foolish, particularly when assessing a single player, as opposed to a team. So much goes into winning a game from the entire team. Pinning any win or loss on one person is a simple lack of understanding of the game. It's very common for simple-minded people to place all of the importance in a win or loss on one highly visible play, like a drop or turnover, but a person with a more thorough and rational thought process can view the game, or even the season, as a whole and make assessments on all of the factors involved.

We certainly have some epic simpletons in this thread. Boiling the career of one of the best receivers of his generation to one play? A truly amazing lack on insight.

I never said anything about talent level. I never denied his regular season contributions. However, for me personally, a player's worth is largely correlated to his contribution in helping this team win a championship.

You can like whichever player you want for whichever reason(s) you please. But for me, players who failed in the postseason and never won a championship during their time as Patriots, are worthless. Championships are all I care about.

False alarm. Her hooters are fake (artificial PSI).

As a science guy I personally volunteer to make pressure and feel measurements over a wide range of temperatures to confirm that hooters conform to the Ideal Gas Law. Have Wes PM me to arrange.

I never said anything about talent level. I never denied his regular season contributions. However, for me personally, a player's worth is largely correlated to his contribution in helping this team win a championship.

You can like whichever player you want for whichever reason(s) you please. But for me, players who failed in the postseason and never won a championship during their time as Patriots, are worthless. Championships are all I care about.

It's true, you can like/dislike whatever players you want, though it's a very myopic viewpoint. You're missing out on a lot of enjoyment and appreciation by taking such a narrow view of a player's value.

The statement 'Only championships matter' is ridiculous and incorrect. It's a nice rallying cry for people who actually PLAY the sport to help them focused, but for fans? Silliness. We don't play the sport. We get enjoyment, or should, from watching the players play, make good plays, win games, win championships. If you only get enjoyment out of seeing the team win championships, you aren't even a football fan. You're a front runner.

It's true, you can like/dislike whatever players you want, though it's a very myopic viewpoint. You're missing out on a lot of enjoyment and appreciation by taking such a narrow view of a player's value.

The statement 'Only championships matter' is ridiculous and incorrect. It's a nice rallying cry for people who actually PLAY the sport to help them focused, but for fans? Silliness. We don't play the sport. We get enjoyment, or should, from watching the players play, make good plays, win games, win championships. If you only get enjoyment out of seeing the team win championships, you aren't even a football fan. You're a front runner.

He is saying this because it supports his asinine claims like the 2014 receiving group is better than the 2007 group.

I wonder if he has played competitive sports?

And, yes, he is a pink hat.

As a science guy I personally volunteer to make pressure and feel measurements over a wide range of temperatures to confirm that hooters conform to the Ideal Gas Law. Have Wes PM me to arrange.
That doesn't seem very scientific to me at all. Unless, of course, you can come up with a gauge or instrument that renders objective readings.

I never said I can't enjoy regular season games or accomplishments during the regular season as they happen. Watching football in and of itself is entertaining. Especially when the game features the Patriots. But when the season ends in anything less than a SB, I don't take solace in anything that transpired in the regular season. I consider the season as a whole a failure. This was true before the team started winning its championships and it's true now as well.

I never said I can't enjoy regular season games or accomplishments during the regular season as they happen. Watching football in and of itself is entertaining. Especially when the game features the Patriots. But when the season ends in anything less than a SB, I don't take solace in anything that transpired in the regular season. I consider the season as a whole a failure. This was true before the team started winning its championships and it's true now as well.

You're a 'glass half empty' kind of guy, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back