PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If we get in, I'd rather travel than host the Ravens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If we get in, I rather travel than Host the Ravens...

We take what we can get.

Re: If we get in, I rather travel than host the Ravens...

We rag on the Patriots for their poor beat up Team. I would just point out to you that the Pats Offense under Cassel is now ranked 4th overall, and second in scoring in the League. The Pats Defense, that abominable Defense is now ranked 10th in the League, despite half of it on IR.

Now I would like to keep both our QBs, but contemplate what the Patriot's Defense would look like with either Fred Willis at ILB, or DeMarcus Ware at OLB. Then add three more draft picks from the 1st and 2nd round added, along with BB's coaching.

I have a friend from Dallas, who says Jerry Jones was upset, and thinks that Romo can't win. Alternately, Frisco needs a QB.

Romo's got too much gunslinger in him. My bro is a Dallas fan so I try to watch them whenever the Pats aren't on, and he'd be a great QB if he knew the meaning of ball security. (and not the fruit of the looms kind either)

The last team I would want to play is Indy who are the best red zone offense in the league (vs our red zone defense). I'll take our chances against Pittsburgh, who we have done well against when key players were in the game. I'd take on the Ravens at home and let the rookie qb try to beat us. He hasn't seen BB at his best. Wouldn't want to go to San Diego where they would still be really pissed off and Rivers can chuck it. Basically, don't want to play any team where the qb dominates the offense.

You have to beat the best to become the best. So in all cases, homefield advantage is preferred. Besides it's not like the Pats have control of where they are seeded. They need Miami or Baltimore to lose and they need to win. Just play hard, win, and cross your fingers afterwards hoping that one of those teams stumbles in week 17.

NO NO NO NO NO NO I would ALWAYS take a HOME GAME!!!! IMO bring Flacco to NE. Ravens D is playing like it's 2000, but this is the playoffs people. Hoodie will be more than ready for the "rook" TAKE THE HOME GAME!!!!
Don't worry about familiar oppenents, need i jog the memory about how bad we play in Miami???? SO 1st beat Buffalo 2nd root for the (bleck!!!) RATS and then lets take it 1 week at a time!!!!

NO NO NO NO NO NO I would ALWAYS take a HOME GAME!!!! IMO bring Flacco to NE. Ravens D is playing like it's 2000, but this is the playoffs people. Hoodie will be more than ready for the "rook" TAKE THE HOME GAME!!!!
Don't worry about familiar oppenents, need i jog the memory about how bad we play in Miami???? SO 1st beat Buffalo 2nd root for the (bleck!!!) RATS and then lets take it 1 week at a time!!!!

I FEAR the Ravens D. They are nasty and mean...and I will bet the Sammy Morris is out for the year by the 3rd quarter of that game. I'd rather get into a shootout with Indy or even Pittsburgh...but I don't like the idea of playing the Ravens for some reason.

In this year, I rather go into the Playoffs as the 6th seed.

Why?

Becuase the 6th Seed with get Miami or Jets in the first game, which is an opponent we know very well and could easily win away at their stadium. Then we would travel to Tenn.

Now I know Tenn is the "best" team in the AFC this year, but I think we match up with them VERY well.

The easiest route to the AFC championship game in my opinion TO Jets, TO Tenn, and then TO Indy/Pitt.

If we go in as a 3rd seed, we have to host a nasty looking Ravens team, then go to Pitt, then to Indy / Tenn depending on how it shakes out.. which is a MUCH tougher path to the Super Bowl.

Now of course this all means nothing if we look past the Bills, but there is a much different strength level between #6 and #3.

If we are the 3 seed, we play the AFCC at home if Tenn loses in the divisional round. That is worth a TON.
We will beat the Ravens, they are very overated IMO.

"The easiest route to the AFC championship game in my opinion TO Jets, TO Tenn, and then TO Indy/Pitt.

If we go in as a 3rd seed, we have to host a nasty looking Ravens team, then go to Pitt, then to Indy / Tenn depending on how it shakes out.. which is a MUCH tougher path to the Super Bowl."

You're joking right? Having a home game is a tougher path than three strait on the road?

How about this scenario brainiac; we win the division, host the Ravens, win the game, the other favorites all win, we then go to Pittsburg and if we upset the Steelers and the Dolts upset the Titans (both very real possibilities), we host the Dolts, beat them to avenge the 2006 AFCCG, then go on to the Super Bowl and beat the Giants to avenge last years debacle.

Hey, if your going to dream, might as well dream big.................

We've shown that we can defend the run and Flacco really does put alot of interceptable balls. All we'd would need to see is if Cassel can play well enough to put points up on the Ravens defense.

If the Patriots make the playoff, teams should worry more about us. We may not make the Superbolw, but we'll sure inflict some damage along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News