PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Patriots let Brady’s top target walk two seasons in a row…

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just Amendola/Edelman threads manx. It's every Patriots topic thread being rinsed and repeated. It takes away from the enjoyment factor of reading through Patsfans when you're working under time constraints.

Discussion is brilliant. Let's not get that wrong.

That is an issue that is not related to me AB. These are my most recent threads that I have opened. There is very little redundancy in any of them –

- If the Patriots let Brady’s top target walk two seasons in a row… (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
- Move Marcus Cannon at right guard, trade him, or continue to use him as a backup? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
- D'Qwell Jackson (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
- Poll: Death Match 5 – Jairus Byrd vs. Aqib Talib (Multi-page thread 1 2)
- NFL reinstates Brandon Browner (Multi-page thread 1 2)
- Logjam at defensive tackle and free agency, and the draft have not even begun… (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
- Do you think the Patriots will release Vince Wilfork? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
- Forgotten talent to keep in mind when mocking the draft and free agency (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
- College Football Star Michael Sam Says He Is Gay; May Become First Publicly G... (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
- Poll: Would you mortgage the future to win now with Brady? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
- Brady6 Offseason Plan 1.0 (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
- Poll: Would you trade Mallett and Amendola to the Texans for the #33 pick in the draft? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
- Wells Report on Dolphins locker room: Incognito, others in 'pattern of harrassment' (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
- Edelman may be worth $6-$8 million, but is he worth that to a team that has Amendola? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
- RB Carlos Hyde as a replacement for LeGarrette Blount (Multi-page thread 1 2)
- Should they try to extend Chandler Jones this offseason? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
- What is the system? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
- For reference – UFAs and trade acquisitions over the last 3 seasons(Multi-page thread 1 2)
- Two slot WR offense – benefits of keeping Edelman and Amendola together (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
- Sealver Siliga and Chris Jones - was 2013 an anomaly?
- How do you feel about the Patriots salary cap management in recent years? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
- Kyle Arrington to have groin surgery this Friday... (Multi-page thread 1 2)
- 1 Attachment(s)Decker, McDaniels & Patriots interest (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
- Dobson, Thompkins & Boyce – rookie WRs over the past 5 seasons…(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
- 3 Attachment(s)Poll: Would you bring Welker back? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

It is not easy to get 6000 posts in a year. You really have to be creative.

Yeah it takes more than talking crap about other Patsfans members.

:bored:

ScrewBall.jpg

Yeah except he has lost two straight AFCCG due to an inability to score points. He also lost the 2011 SB after which his wife was quoted saying her husband cannot throw and catch the football. I would have to believe that offensive weapons comes up in the Brady household from time to time.

Maybe they should draft a couple tight ends two receivers and sign a free agent receiver.

Yeah it takes more than talking crap about other Patsfans members.

:bored:

Who is talking crap about you? Why is it when anyone points out a fact its crap. You post a lot. Its an understandable fact. I am not being disrespectful if I am pointing out facts.

Why are you always so eager to jump on anyone who disagrees with you or points out something you are doing?

Often. I didn't bother to post four videos before i realized how stupid the effort was.

Exactly, this guys lives in a ******* fantasy world. Its really scary.

Maybe they should draft a couple tight ends two receivers and sign a free agent receiver.

For you playing the home game, that's Gronk and Hernandez plus Dobson and Boyce in the draft and a 5 mil per year free agent (Amendola)in addition to Edelman and whatever backup tight ends were healthy.

How is that not drafting weapons for Brady? How is that being too cheap to sign free agents?

It isn't. Everybody knows it. Injuries and other things happen and it's stupid to waste extra money on inferior players other teams don't want in season because you panic.

At this point, it's much simpler for me to simply ignore your threads Brady6. Clearly, the message has not resonated that you're clogging the board with comments that others have discussed ad nauseam.

I listed all of my most recent threads. In a prior post, if you would like to be more specific I will try and alter the behavior moving forward. Currently I do not feel I do what you're suggesting, if I have at all it has only pertained to the slot receiver.

Often. I didn't bother to post four videos before i realized how stupid the effort was.

Exactly, this guys lives in a ******* fantasy world. Its really scary.

Do you have a link? I have never seen a press conference where Brady has behaved in a way that wouldn't be considered PC.

For you playing the home game, that's Gronk and Hernandez plus Dobson and Boyce in the draft and a 5 mil per year free agent (Amendola)in addition to Edelman and whatever backup tight ends were healthy.

How is that not drafting weapons for Brady? How is that being too cheap to sign free agents?

It isn't. Everybody knows it. Injuries and other things happen and it's stupid to waste extra money on inferior players other teams don't want in season because you panic.

I never said they did not try to put weapons around him, I actually detailed at great length at the conclusion of the season that they made more efforts to surround Brady than the Broncos had for Manning. Unfortunately, those moves have not worked out for a multitude of reasons.

The Patriots appear to be on run of bad luck with personnel decisions, the best thing to do when in that type of run is to become conservative and make the surer decisions. Retaining Edelman is more conservative than not retaining him; we know that he can be successful in the offense. Given the recent outcomes of the moves made and Brady approaching 37 years old it may be smarter to overpay for someone you know can be productive than to attempt to make a move that is less certain.

Do not get me wrong I think this is as good a run franchise as any, but to have a complete offensive turnover in the seasons when Brady was 36 and 37 is not ideal, and does not position us optimally to win a super bowl. I fully acknowledge that circumstances and not incompetence created this situation.

I never said they did not try to put weapons around him, I actually detailed at great length at the conclusion of the season that they made more efforts to surround Brady than the Broncos had for Manning. Unfortunately, those moves have not worked out for a magnitude of reasons.

The Patriots appear to be on run of bad luck with personnel decisions, the best thing to do when in that type of run is to become conservative and make the surer decisions. Retaining Edelman is more conservative than not retaining him; we know that he can be successful in the offense. Given the recent outcomes of the moves made and Brady approaching 37 years old it may be smarter to overpay for someone you know can be productive than to attempt to make a move that is less certain.

Do not get me wrong I think this is as good a run franchise as any, but to have a complete offensive turnover in the seasons when Brady was 36 and 37 is not ideal, and does not position us optimally to win a super bowl. I fully acknowledge that circumstances and not incompetence created this situation.

Your three paragraphs contradict each other.

How about a live postgame last year, since you changed it to just press conferences.

Tom Brady Blames Loss On "****ty Plays" During Live Presser - YouTube

Thank you for the link and yes post game is fine I consider those press conferences.

I would not consider that an outburst personally, and he did not put anyone on blast, he said, “we made a lot of ****ty plays”. What I was saying is that Brady has never put the Patriots on blast ever in 13 years, and there have been times that he could have, nobody is part of something for over a decade without having something that pisses them off from time to time.

"for a magnitude of reasons..."

and the multitudes go wild....

Your three paragraphs contradict each other.

Not really, I acknowledge that they did plenty to give Brady weapons, while also being conscious of the fact that bad luck, injuries and other factors resulted in many failures. The franchise is not incompetent or poorly run because it does not have cap issues ever, and is consistently a winning team. There personnel decisions could be better though, some like Hernandez were just poor luck, others like Amendola, Lloyd, Salas were poor evaluations.

The Patriots appear to be on run of bad luck with personnel decisions,

Again, incorrect. I would put a run of bad luck with injuries before anything else. The D last year was going to be super before everyone got hurt.

Maybe they need to sign and draft players who they know wont get hurt.

Again, incorrect. I would put a run of bad luck with injuries before anything else. The D last year was going to be super before everyone got hurt.

Maybe they need to sign and draft players who they know wont get hurt.

Injuries run hand and hand, Donald Jones, Danny Amendola, Jake Ballard, and Daniel Fells, all were impacted by injuries or career ending illnesses. Jenkins, Gaffney, Branch, and Stallworth were all low risk high reward veterans that did not work out, in years past those types of signings had. Price, Tate, and Salas were young players with upside that panned out. Hernandez ended up being a murderer.

Things certainly could have went a different direction, look at Price for example Denver made a pick ended up with Decker.

Not really, I acknowledge that they did plenty to give Brady weapons, while also being conscious of the fact that bad luck, injuries and other factors resulted in many failures. The franchise is not incompetent or poorly run because it does not have cap issues ever, and is consistently a winning team. There personnel decisions could be better though, some like Hernandez were just poor luck, others like Amendola, Lloyd, Salas were poor evaluations.

Are you saying Amendola wasn't injured?
Given that he did have his moments -- most notably a 10-catch, 104-yard Patriots debut in a game in which he tore his groin on both sides -- it's fair to believe he is worthy of that second season. Again: He tore both sides of his groin, yet managed to play 12 games, including the final nine.

Danny Amendola-Julian Edelman debate has a couple of important catches - Touching All the Bases - Boston.com

Or are you saying you made an evaluation and yours is better than Belichicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back