PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Patriots let Brady’s top target walk two seasons in a row…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether a player was unfortunate enough to sustain an injury is not part of my definition of how good a football player they are.

In that case, Ras-I Dowling is a better CB than Alfonzo Dennard is.

Being a professional athlete requires commitment to training and preparing your body to prevent against injury, learning the proper technique to prevent against catastrophic injuries. I do not fault players for every injury; injuries that occur on impact are usually unavoidable. When I see the same player’s year in and year out injured repeatedly, I am not going to say that they are unfortunate I am going to say that they need to change something whether it is their training regimen or their technique.

Vereen has played in 26 of a possible 48 regular season games over his three-year career. He is more talented than Woodhead, I will not dispute that but he is not a better player, the better player is always going to be the one who is on the field and producing,

Maybe playing time had something to do with it. Woodhead here was the #3 option.

Perhaps he wanted more reps.

I do not doubt that for a minute I think you are correct. I did not say that we had a choice but to let Woodhead leave I just said that he was a productive player that we lost.

Hopefully they sign Julian Edelman tomorrow so someone can start the " They should cut Julian Edelman" threads by Wednesday.

Hopefully they sign Julian Edelman tomorrow so someone can start the " They should cut Julian Edelman" threads by Wednesday.

No it will be "Now that they've re-signed Edelman, does that mean they should cut Amendola?"

In that case, Ras-I Dowling is a better CB than Alfonzo Dennard is.
We are quickly reaching the point where you are just being a dlck.
I can just put you back on ignore if this is the kind of stuff you have to offer.

Being a professional athlete requires commitment to training and preparing your body to prevent against injury, learning the proper technique to prevent against catastrophic injuries. I do not fault players for every injury; injuries that occur on impact are usually unavoidable. When I see the same player’s year in and year out injured repeatedly, I am not going to say that they are unfortunate I am going to say that they need to change something whether it is their training regimen or their technique.
Vereen needs to find a training method that prevents a bone from breaking?

Vereen has played in 26 of a possible 48 regular season games over his three-year career. He is more talented than Woodhead, I will not dispute that but he is not a better player, the better player is always going to be the one who is on the field and producing,

You can butcher the defition all you want and twist things to pretend you have an argument that what you want to be correct is, but you still did no more than clown yourself.

Please expand on your Hoomanawanuwi is better than Gronk corrallary.

Ok, explain to me how he is better Andy, is he faster, quicker, stronger, more productive? You seem so certain that he is better I have to assume that you will have a laundry list of reasons.

Watch them play

We are quickly reaching the point where you are just being a dlck.

I can just put you back on ignore if this is the kind of stuff you have to offer.

Vereen needs to find a training method that prevents a bone from breaking?

You can butcher the defition all you want and twist things to pretend you have an argument that what you want to be correct is, but you still did no more than clown yourself.

Please expand on your Hoomanawanuwi is better than Gronk corrallary.

I'm being a ****? You asked me if I watched the games. Kettle meet pot.

Anyway I'm not spending anymore time arguing this. It is a waste of both of our time.

Have a good evening!

I'm being a ****? You asked me if I watched the games. Kettle meet pot.
You made a comment that indicated you must not have. Then you said you actually didnt.:confused:

Anyway I'm not spending anymore time arguing this. It is a waste of both of our time.

Have a good evening!

I wasn't arguing.

Should I watch the 4-5 great games Vereen has had in his career? I value consistency above all, put it together week in and week out.

Nope watch all the games they play, or as many as you want to. That should do it.

Nope. If Amendola is on the squad by tomorrow night, he is guaranteed $2M or his $3M salary. It would pretty nuts to cut him after the season starts. HOWEVER, there is a decision to be made tomorrow with regard to Amendola.

No it will be "Now that they've re-signed Edelman, does that mean they should cut Amendola?"

Nope. If Amendola is on the squad by tomorrow night, he is guaranteed $2M or his $3M salary. It would pretty nuts to cut him after the season starts. HOWEVER, there is a decision to be made tomorrow with regard to Amendola.

I wasn't being serious. Just having a bit of fun with all the Edelman/Amendola threads there have been the last couple of months.

yup...tomorrow...4:01 p.m.

Eggy Face Afternoon

rf-egg-face-frowning-meal-sausage-unhappy-var138.jpg

Geez you are not an easy guy to please, the pizza must only be good in your neighborhood because of the limited number of pizza shops :)

For the record I understand them keeping Vereen, I just don’t understand them signing Washington to back him up knowing full well that Vereen has a history of injuries. Brandon Bolden had no business as the third down RB.

I hear what you're saying about choosing to sign Washington, but he was cut prior to week 1 IIRC, then re-signed to a cheaper deal. In comparison to the Woodhead deal, he came much cheaper on the re-sign.

I'm not meaning to be argumentative to you. I'm just stating that there's a possibility that Woodhead saw more production due to SD having injuries and a very limited WR group this year. We'll have to see what happens next year. I agree that he is a good player, but I think anytime Belichick has the option to go younger/cheaper with a player of equal or close talent, he's often going to try and save money.

I think all players start with one productive season. I see it as one opportunity and one success, if Edelman had been receiving the same chance the prior four seasons and failing I could understand your position more. He was productive in his rookie season, he filled in for Welker in four games (Jets, Falcons, Texans, and Ravens) during which he compiled 27 receptions, 265 yards, and 2 touchdowns. If you trend that out over 16 games it equates to 108 receptions, 1060 yards, and 8 touchdowns, which is similar to what he achieved this season. He never saw the reps in 2010, 2011, and 2012 with a healthy Welker, notable acquisitions, and early round draft picks.

In 5 NFL seasons, he's stayed healthy through 16 games a total of one time.

Despite all of your statistics, he ended up being the 115th ranked receiver last season in yards gained per catch.

As I've said, I hope they retain Edelman and will be excited if it happens. I just don't see this huge need to act like he's some great receiver like you do, that's all. He was a pig in lipstick last year on a team that had zero real WR options. That said, he was a pig in lipstick that has shown that he's worth keeping due to his work ethic and tendency to show some improvement---so that's why I hope they keep him.

To claim that he's some great wide receiver seems odd to me though. Obviously if the money is right, they'll keep him. If not, they'll do what they've done before many times, which is look elsewhere and keep moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes