PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Patriots let Brady’s top target walk two seasons in a row…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying Amendola wasn't injured?

Danny Amendola-Julian Edelman debate has a couple of important catches - Touching All the Bases - Boston.com

Or are you saying you made an evaluation and yours is better than Belichicks?

When did I say that he was not injured? I said in post #80 that Amendola (along with other players) was impacted by injury. Where did you even get that from? Why does everything come back to an Amendola debate with you, this thread, and this entire discussion has NOTHING to do with Amendola but you mention him repeatedly.

When did I say that he was not injured? I said in post #80 that Amendola (along with other players) was impacted by injury. Where did you even get that from? Why does everything come back to an Amendola debate with you, this thread, and this entire discussion has NOTHING to do with Amendola but you mention him repeatedly.

In your opinion, he was a poor evaluation, not a guy playing through an injury. You either evaluated him differently while he was in St. Louis, or you think you can guess how he would have played if healthy.

So, was he a poor evaluation?

If I were Brady and the Patriots let Edelman walk, I would demand to be traded to Houston for pick #33.

In your opinion, he was a poor evaluation, not a guy playing through an injury. You either evaluated him differently while he was in St. Louis, or you think you can guess how he would have played if healthy.

So, was he a poor evaluation?

Both.........

No, it means you really need to get laid.

I do just fine.

I'm a pilot much of my time is spent on the road away from my friends and family. I use this site during layovers.

For the record I had an older account that Ian merged my posts from with this user name.

Plus Edelperson is our PR, an additional opportunity for injury.

Not everyone is an Ironman like that Denver guy, Wes Welker.

That's easy for you to say, again.:D

Both.........

Before he got hurt he looked pretty special. So he really wasn't a poor evaluation because he is a great player. They just got unlucky. Maybe the figured the law of averages was going to kick in and he would have a healthy season for once.

Before he got hurt he looked pretty special. So he really wasn't a poor evaluation because he is a great player. They just got unlucky. Maybe the figured the law of averages was going to kick in and he would have a healthy season for once.

Amendola has the ability to be special I do not dispute that, he lacks the consistency though. That is the evaluation flaw was not seeing the potential for injuries and the inconsistency in his play.

There was some bad luck to it as well, I mean **** the guy didn't make it two quarters before he suffered a season altering injury. That is some black cat, broken mirror luck.

I do just fine.

I'm a pilot much of my time is spent on the road away from my friends and family. I use this site during layovers.

For the record I had an older account that Ian merged my posts from with this user name.

I'm just giving you a hard time. It's a long offseason. Carry on.:)

Both.........

Did you do your evaluation in St Louis, or are you uniquely able to evaluate injured players you've hardly seen and project how they would have played if healthy?

There is no point in having a conversation if you want to list camp fodder as proof that trying to acquire a player is going to fail. This seems to me your mo, so ultimately there is no discussion worth having it seems.

Why do you include Hernandez but not Gronk?

Where were the camp fodders? You should look at the list again, there were mainly notable acquisitions.

Gronkowski is on the roster and he is a stud, he has had two serious injuries in a row but I have little concern about him in future. Hernandez is looking at 25 to life.

Woodhead was allowed to leave because we had Vereen.

A replacement for Welker was brought in an he spent the entire season hobbled by an injury.

I'm not disputing either of those happenings, but do you feel those decisions worked out?

Not true. Last year our slot receiver was Amendola.

Your comment is laughable. Do you even watch the games?

Amendola was replaced by Edelman at halftime of the Broncos game and only saw time in three wide receiver sets or when Dobson, Thompkins, and Boyce were out with injury and unable to play the X-WR from that point in the season forward.

To answer your question, no I do not watch the games. I just post on this board more than just about anyone but I have zero interest in the Patriots and would never watch their games.

Did you do your evaluation in St Louis, or are you uniquely able to evaluate injured players you've hardly seen and project how they would have played if healthy?

Tell you what if Amendola is on this roster in 2014 and finishes with 100+ receptions and 1000+ yards I will buy you an official Amendola jersey and have it shipped to you.

Gisele did not become the richest model in the industry from being an idiot. She understands money and if her husband is being paid less than market value and his reasoning is to allow his team to field the most competitive team possible I have to believe that the failure to surround him with talent is discussion at the Brady dinner table from time to time.

The 2013 receiving problem was due to Gronkowski's and Amendola's injuries, along with Hernandez's arrest--so the Patriots actually did spend lots of money still. Just because they decided to address the need for youth and speed at the position doesn't necessarily mean that they decided to screw Tom and Gisele. I think the high contracts to all of Gronk, Amendola, and Hernandez prove that. Those are 3 highly paid pacts at the receiving options, so it's not like they didn't choose to use any of the 4-5 million dollars in cap room that Brady freed up to surround him with options.

Brady's cap hit is still 15 million for this year, and he guaranteed himself a higher guaranteed amount of money in the mid to high 50's as any other current "100+ million" dollar contract that we're seeing. Even Drew Brees' supposedly record setting pact is directly in line with Brady's guaranteed money, as it's only a handful of million higher.

Let's not act like Brady and Gisele are sitting around talking about what enormous sacrifices that they made for the benefit of the team, because I highly doubt that is the case. He made a fair deal to guarantee him no worries about whether or not he'd be cut due to getting old, injury, etc. He is receiving top dollar in terms of guaranteed money by lessening his cap hit by several million dollars per year. Of course that happened in a time frame when the salary cap was flat and teams were tighter, so it did provide a benefit. I really don't believe it's nearly what you make it out to be in terms of animosity coming from the Brady household though.

Do I stand up at the gate and yell to the boarding passengers that the co-pilot is a moron, no way, never but that does not mean I do not think it. Same rules apply for Brady, just because he does not stand up at the podium and say Bill has done a **** job putting WRs around me in recent years does not mean he is not thinking it and/or saying it to others in his circle.

I get the impression that when Brady speaks highly of Belichick and appears to trust him, that's it's real and not made up. I just don't agree that Brady is pissed off at Belichick for anything.

They win 4/5 of all of their games in the Brady/BB era, and in 12 of Brady's starting seasons they've gone to the AFCCG or SB in 8/12 chances. How in the world could anyone think that Brady wouldn't appreciate that kind of obvious successful decision making from his head coach? One would assume that he appreciates Belichick's successful decision making, and that he realizes that it puts the team in the best chance to win ballgames.

Their decision to go out and offer Amendola a 5/29 contract last offseason alone shows that they were looking at things for the bigger picture and more long term outlook. That's after the 2 big deals for the TEs. I don't see a lack of money being spent on the receiving options. I see the injuries to Gronkowski, Amendola, and the arrest to Hernandez as the 3 biggest factors last year. That happened to coincide with a re-building year at WR as they chose to get younger and faster at the position with draft picks, so that's really what pushed them over the edge. If Llyod or Branch had been here again, it's possible that we would've been more productive, although in the end it probably wouldn't have mattered much due to the overall injuries on the entire team.

Tell you what if Amendola is on this roster in 2014 and finishes with 100+ receptions and 1000+ yards I will buy you an official Amendola jersey and have it shipped to you.

What does that have to do with the question?

The 2013 receiving problem was due to Gronkowski's and Amendola's injuries, along with Hernandez's arrest--so the Patriots actually did spend lots of money still. Just because they decided to address the need for youth and speed at the position doesn't necessarily mean that they decided to screw Tom and Gisele. I think the high contracts to all of Gronk, Amendola, and Hernandez prove that. Those are 3 highly paid pacts at the receiving options, so it's not like they didn't choose to use any of the 4-5 million dollars in cap room that Brady freed up to surround him with options.

Brady's cap hit is still 15 million for this year, and he guaranteed himself a higher guaranteed amount of money in the mid to high 50's as any other current "100+ million" dollar contract that we're seeing. Even Drew Brees' supposedly record setting pact is directly in line with Brady's guaranteed money, as it's only a handful of million higher.

Let's not act like Brady and Gisele are sitting around talking about what enormous sacrifices that they made for the benefit of the team, because I highly doubt that is the case. He made a fair deal to guarantee him no worries about whether or not he'd be cut due to getting old, injury, etc. He is receiving top dollar in terms of guaranteed money by lessening his cap hit by several million dollars per year.

I get the impression that when Brady speaks highly of Belichick and appears to trust him, that's it's real and not made up. I just don't agree that Brady is pissed off at Belichick for anything.

They win 4/5 of all of their games, and in 12 of Brady's starting seasons they've gone to the AFCCG or SB in 8/12 chances. How in the world could anyone think that Brady wouldn't appreciate that kind of obvious successful decision making?

Their decision to go out and offer Amendola a 5/29 contract last offseason alone shows that they were looking at things for the bigger picture and more long term outlook. That's after the 2 big deals for the TEs. I don't see a lack of money being spent on the receiving options. I see the injuries to Gronkowski, Amendola, and the arrest to Hernandez as the 3 biggest factors last year. That happened to coincide with a re-building year at WR as they chose to get younger and faster at the position with draft picks, so that's really what pushed them over the edge. If Llyod or Branch had been here again, it's possible that we would've been more productive, although in the end it probably wouldn't have mattered much due to the overall injuries on the entire team.

I think you are focusing to much on Amendola and this really has nothing to do with him. He is under contract, this is to do with Edelman being allowed to walk one year after Welker. The fact that they replace them is really not something to be impressed by it would by horrifying if they let Welker walk and didn't sign a viable replacement.

What does that have to do with the question?

That was my friendly attempt at ending this back and forth that is going nowhere.

I did my evaluation from my couch just like you, for some reason your evaluation that it was a good signing has more validity though, well according to you anyway.

I think you are focusing to much on Amendola and this really has nothing to do with him. He is under contract, this is to do with Edelman being allowed to walk one year after Welker. The fact that they replace them is really not something to be impressed by it would by horrifying if they let Welker walk and didn't sign a viable replacement.

So you would keep players forever, no matter the business ramifications, so you don't hurt your quarterbacks feelings. Are they allowed to cut and sign people at other positions?

So you would keep players forever, no matter the business ramifications, so you don't hurt your quarterbacks feelings. Are they allowed to cut and sign people at other positions?

Yes forever, lifetime contracts all around. We will put a nursing home in Patriots Place and just wheel them over after the games.

That was my friendly attempt at ending this back and forth that is going nowhere.

I did my evaluation from my couch just like you, for some reason your evaluation that it was a good signing has more validity though, well according to you anyway.

You watched his career in St Louis, or guessed how much better he would have been last year without two ripped groin muscles.

I know you think your evaluation is better than Belichicks, I just don't know when you evaluated him.

The best way to end something with me is to answer the question, or address what you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back