PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Packers finish 16-0, I will discontinue my time machine back to Feb 2008...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If the Packers finish 16-0, I will discontinue my time machine back to Feb 2008..

For me anyway there is only one way that the 4-year-old old wound experiences any healing: The Patriots beat the 18-0 Packers on February 5, 2012 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Do what was done to you.
Do it in Indy.
Hoist Lomardi #4, this time for Myra Kraft.

18-1 becomes somewhat of an anomaly, a momuntary hiccup, since we rebuilt/recovered and the Giants never returned.

Last edited:
Re: If the Packers finish 16-0, I will discontinue my time machine back to Feb 2008..

I've seen a huge increase in the Packer bandwagon, not that it wasnt big before. Would love to see those "fans" suffer through 18-1.

Quite frankly, the 06/07 AFC Championship Game was tough to swallow, losing in such fashion to Peyton Manning of all people. I feel we let a Super Bowl slip by us.

What got me past this loss was convincing myself that it took this game (w/ Reche's Caldwell's drops) to convince BB that he needed to get Randy Moss (my favorite player of all time). Unfortunately this storybook ending took a nosedive in the Super Bowl. There is absolutely nothing that can get me past THAT game, only things that can maybe make it a little less painful.

If they go 19-0 I will barf on my shoes,

If they go 18-1 and lost in the SB I will be happy.

If they go 18-1 and lose to the Pats in the SB I will cry happy tears for a week.:D

If the Packers finish 19-0 it will further re-emphasize to me that the 2007 Patriots were the greatest chokers of all time.

The 2007 Patriots were so much better than the 2011 Packers. That's why I would be annoyed.

Finally some people who get it.

If the Packers get 19-0 it will feel like Eli Manning, David Tyree, and Aaron Rodgers are standing over me and pouring salts right into a gaping wound.

Never watching another team accomplish that is almost as important as winning another superbowl to me.

For me anyway there is only one way that the 4-year-old old wound experiences any healing: The Patriots beat the 18-0 Packers on February 5, 2012 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Do what was done to you.
Do it in Indy.
Hoist Lomardi #4, this time for Myra Kraft.

18-1 becomes somewhat of an anomaly, a momuntary hiccup, since we rebuilt/recovered and the Giants never returned.

This.
This, this, this.
THIS.

A lot of things would have to go right/fall into place, but this is EXACTLY the scenario I hope plays out (if GB goes 16-0).

Finally some people who get it.

If the Packers get 19-0 it will feel like Eli Manning, David Tyree, and Aaron Rodgers are standing over me and pouring salts right into a gaping wound.

Never watching another team accomplish that is almost as important as winning another superbowl to me.

Agreed.

Watching the Packers/Giants game I can't believe how stupid the Giants were on their last offensive series. Did not even try one rush. They could have taken some time off the clock. Don't know if it would have helped, but they should have at least tried...

who cares if the packers are undefeated this year? They deserve it. They are the best team and will not lose again this year including playoffs

Are you serious? So you would rather see the packers lose in the sb than have the pats win it? What a great fan you are

Last edited:

However, Baltimore was terrible that year. Pittsburgh was okay. Dallas started out very good, until we played them. Within the division, who were the Patriots QB opponents on the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Baltimore was terrible that year, but they played like their life was on the line in that monday night game. I don't care what happened to Dallas after we played them. When we played them they were still undefeated and it was one of the regular season games with the most hype I've seen. It seriously isn't even debatable that their schedule was harder.

Not sure if I'm in the minority here, but if the Packers finish 16-0, it may actually feel better for Pats fans.

A. If they lose in the playoffs or SB, we become just another terrific team that couldn't finish it, and an interesting footnote in that another team did the same thing just four years later.

B. If they win it all, the whole aura of the "immortal undefeated team" will certainly die down. I mean, although the '07 Pats were arguably the most dominating team ever, it was the idea of the only 19-0 team in history that made us believe this team would be on the front of every football history book until the end of time. In addition, we will no longer have to hear an explanation about the '07 Pats' failures every time we hear about a team chasing perfection.

C. There's a teeny, tiny chance that the Pats might be able to avenge their loss by knocking off the Pack. Of course, this is risky, because if we lost to them in the SB, which would be likely, it might make '07 sting more. Then we would really be the topic of conversation when it comes to perfect seasons.

Note: Since the '07 season, this Packers team is the third team that could go 16-0 if they really want to. The '09 Colts and Saints likely could have done it (although the Saints did lose when 13-0 while presumably trying), along with this year's Packers. If anything the old CBA and new passing rules enabled teams on top to dominate more than ever before in NFL history. There just aren't enough good teams or good QBs.

While I agree I hope it doesn't get that far.

This might just be me personally, but if the Patriots beat an undefeated Packers team in the Super Bowl, it would be more or less the greatest thing ever, and the Patriots would be redeemed.

This might just be me personally, but if the Patriots beat an undefeated Packers team in the Super Bowl, it would be more or less the greatest thing ever, and the Patriots would be redeemed.

I agree wholeheartedly. Patriots beating an undefeated packer team in the SB would be awesome. It would definitely redeem that 07 loss. Patriots beating giants in the SB would be even better.

There are the scenarios that i hope occur:

1) Patriots making the SB and beating an undefeated packers. This would be an ideal situation... but i just don't think they will beat the packers in a shoot-out (rodgers will rape our D more than brady would to the packers... packers have more playmakers).

2) If patriots make the SB but not against the packers, i hope they face the niners. We will win our 4th no problem. If the patriots face the saints... i think we lose. Against any other team (giants/boys), we stand a chance, but it depends on our O-LINE/offense.

3) If choice 2 fails (pats don't make SB), packers make the SB and beat the steelers/ravens. An undefeated season from the packers (with a sb win) won't bother me at all. I actually like the packers and rodgers. Obviously having the packers win the SB without going undefeated is more preferable (i.e. losing one of the next 4 games)

4) If choice 3 fails, steelers/ravens losing in the SB, but preferably not to the saints. If brees wins another SB, he might be drawing comparisons to brady...

Basically, i want patriots to win. If that does not happen packers. If packers don't make Sb, hopefully steelers/ravens lose.

Last edited:

2) If patriots make the SB but not against the packers, i hope they face the niners. We will win our 4th no problem. If the patriots face the saints... i think we lose. Against any other team (giants/boys), we stand a chance, but it depends on our O-LINE/offense.

I'm more worried about getting to the SB. The O-Line will have its hands full and then some against either the bal or pitt pass rush.

I'm more worried about getting to the SB. The O-Line will have its hands full and then some against either the bal or pitt pass rush.

True.

But i really believe we will beat PITT in the playoffs no matter what. Ravens might be a different story

front120611.jpg

Baltimore was terrible that year, but they played like their life was on the line in that monday night game. I don't care what happened to Dallas after we played them. When we played them they were still undefeated and it was one of the regular season games with the most hype I've seen. It seriously isn't even debatable that their schedule was harder.

If you haven't noticed, that's exactly how teams are playing against the Packers, as if their life is on the line. Read: the Giants. Even if they're not in the playoff hunt, they play lights out against the Packers for the chance of knocking off the SB champs.

I'm a Pack fan and lived in NE long enough to be a Pats fan as well I don't think any reasonable Pack fan thinks that this year's Packers are the best team ever. 2007 Pats were a monster team. Pack has huge holes....defense is porous, OL is dealing with injuries to two of their best, but if they do go on an win it all at 18-1 or 19-0, trying to downplay by saying their schedule was too soft is just looking for excuses.

Last edited:

4) If choice 3 fails, steelers/ravens losing in the SB, but preferably not to the saints. If brees wins another SB, he might be drawing comparisons to brady...

Nah,lol, as soon as Brees wins anything the media forgets it the next day,hehe.
Bradys is pretty safe. After all our QB is a over achieving midget with a weak arm according to the NFL,lol.

If we played, I don't know who would win. You have a QB advantage, both OL are good, both our defenses won't stop our offenses. No matter how our offenses are different.

but if you play the Packers and they win, you get the pleasure of seeing the Rodgers belt dance in the end zone ,lol.

Last edited:

Nah,lol, as soon as Brees wins anything the media forgets it the next day,hehe.
Bradys is pretty safe. After all our QB is a over achieving midget with a weak arm according to the NFL,lol.

If we played, I don't know who would win. You have a QB advantage, both OL are good, both our defenses won't stop our offenses. No matter how our offenses are different.

but if you play the Packers and they win, you get the pleasure of seeing the Rodgers belt dance in the end zone ,lol.

haha, i did not mean to offend anyone.

Brees winning is not an issue to me PERSONALLY, but i bet most NE fans would go nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News