PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Ridley continues to improve and Vereen shows growth.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens when we get to our very own Darren McFadden/Michael Bush situation?

Do we try keep both wanting good money or let one go?

We finally got it right RB's are a dime a dozen...funny how all three have shown us more than that First Round Bust Laurence Maroney ever did. Now only if they could have similiar success at Drafting WR's...i am still holding out hope.

The Patriots running game has produced 1581 yds/369 atts = 4.3 yds/att = 18 TDs.
The TB Bucs running game has produced 1339 yds/295 atts = 4.5 yds/att = 11 TDs

Pats RBs have caught 464 yds/ 39 catches = 11.9 yds/ catch = 3 TDs
Bucs RBs have caught 408 yds/ 46 catches = 8.9 yds/ catch = 1 TD

No doubt Martin is the most complete back....1050 yds rushing/ 332 yds receiving =1382 total yds. But from a big picture standpoint, the Patriots have options in case of RB injury. The Bucs have all their eggs in one player. Just look at Dallas. Once Demarco Murray went down....Dallas had no running game and no hope.
The Pats RB collection is the most complete group/deep that I can remember....for the cost of a #2, #3, and FAs......Epic Win for the boys in Blue and Silver

Good post. No question Martin is a stud but the Dallas example perfectly illustrates why teams need a deep and versatile roster in the backfield. Murray is fine RB and going into this year had another solid RB in Felix Jones Joneswho historically been productive but has also has been a bit dinged up this year so with that, and a mediocre o-line, Dallas' running game has been abysmal.

I am very excited about the Pats' backfield, their diversity and skill. You have power, good speed and elusiveness with Ridley. Good power and straight running with Bolden. Speed and shiftiness running and catching the ball with Vereen and Woody who can do what Vereen can, just not as fast.

It remains to be seen what Demps can do at the pro level but what he hopefully is doing is getting his body and mind prepared for the 2013 NFL season but there is no denying his game-breaking potential and world-class speed.

Last edited:
Good post. No question Martin is a stud but the Dallas example perfectly illustrates why teams need a deep and versatile roster in the backfield. Murray is fine RB and going into this year had another solid RB in Felix Jones Jones has also has been a bit dinged up this year so with that, Dallas' running game has been abysmal.

I am very excited about the Pats' backfield, their diversity and skill. You have power, good speed and elusiveness with Ridley. Good power and straight running with Bolden, speed and shiftiness running and catching with Vereen and Woody who can do what Vereen can just not as fast.

It remains to be seen what Demps can do but what he hopefully is doing is getting his body and mind prepared for the 2013 NFL season but there is no denying his game-breaking, world-class speed.

Wow i forgot about Demps.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call