PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Jets were to beat the Patriots then Mangini becomes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabthepat

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
A) New Governor of N.Y.
B) N.Y. state holiday - Mangini Day.
C) New name for JFK Airport.

With the way they celebrated last time when they beat us and with some of the experts picking us to go all the way this year I could see a post Jets upset win going out of control.

Oh god I'll be so sick if the Jets win. It would add on to the misery of the recent week or so.

...then Mangini becomes the least of our problems!!!

...a regular on Sesame Street and Charlie Rose

Mangini becomes a HC whose team won a division game at home . . . if the Jest is to be competitive this year this is a game they SHOULD win. I don't think they will but if they do all it says if they're competitive with us.

Again, it's in NY - the Jets should win.

Mangini becomes a HC whose team won a division game at home . . . if the Jest is to be competitive this year this is a game they SHOULD win. I don't think they will but if they do all it says if they're competitive with us.

Again, it's in NY - the Jets should win.

Exactly. They would merely be holding serve to a team that is short-handed (2 key players who will reinvigorate the Pats later in the season) and on the road.

All the pressure in this game is on the Jets. It's silly to say they would be done after just one game, but they would have lost their best opportunity for a leg up.

...then Mangini becomes the least of our problems!!!

There are usually more fluke wins in the first weekend than any other week. Remember in 2003 when everyone thought two games into the season that the Bills were legitimate Super Bowl contender and the Pats were going to be cellar dwellers because "they hate their coach"? I think the Bills had six wins that season and the Pats went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl.

So I don't think we are in huge trouble or the Jets are sitting pretty if we lose. Granted it would suck if we do and it makes it harder to win another Lombardi. But if we do, we just need to dust ourselves off and focus on San Deigo.

D) The most popular dish in New York Italian restaurants, made from green pasta with a sauce full of of Bell(ichick) peppers.

Last edited:
You guys overestimate the importance of football in New York. It would be now more a headline than in Boston. Baseball scores on the other hand ........

You guys overestimate the importance of football in New York. It would be now more a headline than in Boston. Baseball scores on the other hand ........

I agree about overestimating the importance. The fact that the area is split between Giants and Jets fans doesn't help. With both the Mets and Yankees still in the World Series hunt and the Giants facing Cowboys on Monday night, I think the Jets beating the Pats would get decent coverage but the coverage would be split.

Exactly. They would merely be holding serve to a team that is short-handed (2 key players who will reinvigorate the Pats later in the season) and on the road.

All the pressure in this game is on the Jets. It's silly to say they would be done after just one game, but they would have lost their best opportunity for a leg up.

Couldn't be more wrong here. All the pressure, regardless of where the game is played is on the Pats. They are favorites and almost all the experts say that the Pats are going to win. The Jets, as many people believe on this board, are still supposed to be battling for 2nd place in the division and are still, in many people's eyes a step below the Pats. Therefore, the Jets have everything to win and nothing to lose in this game....

Its just how it is.

Couldn't be more wrong here. All the pressure, regardless of where the game is played is on the Pats. They are favorites and almost all the experts say that the Pats are going to win. The Jets, as many people believe on this board, are still supposed to be battling for 2nd place in the division and are still, in many people's eyes a step below the Pats. Therefore, the Jets have everything to win and nothing to lose in this game....

Its just how it is.

It is the first game of the year. I think the pressure is pretty much on both teams. The Pats have pressure to prove they are the best team as many in the media think and can overcome the loss of Seymour and Harrison. The Jets need to show that last year wasn't a fluke because of a soft schedule and letting go of Pete Kendall and not upgrading their d-line wasn't a huge mistake.

I dont know all this Mangini mention must mean you guys are really missing the guy, i know there having a sale at CVS for tissues, but besides that looking forward to the week 1 matchup, i made the trip up to foxboro for the playoff game and you guys have a great stadium.

Its just how it is.

Sept 9: Meadowlands. No Seymour. No Harrison. New Pats WR Corps

December 16: Foxboro. Rested Seymour. Rested Harrison. In-Sync Pats WR Corps

Q: Which game do you think would be the Jets best opportunity?

A: If the Jets don't win Sunday, their chances don't get any better for the second game. If they do win Sunday, they have merely held serve.

"It's just how it is".

There are usually more fluke wins in the first weekend than any other week. Remember in 2003 when everyone thought two games into the season that the Bills were legitimate Super Bowl contender and the Pats were going to be cellar dwellers because "they hate their coach"? I think the Bills had six wins that season and the Pats went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl.

So I don't think we are in huge trouble or the Jets are sitting pretty if we lose. Granted it would suck if we do and it makes it harder to win another Lombardi. But if we do, we just need to dust ourselves off and focus on San Deigo.

yeah, you're right. i was just trying to come up with a clever line. anyway, as has been observed, the jests don't occupy the same place in the hearts of new yorkers as do the yankees and mets, probably because it's been soooo long since they won anything...can anyone say 1968...so a victory over the pats would be a big one day splash on the back page of the tabloids and a banner on the front page. the Gray Lady might have a box at the bottom of page one, if it's a slow news day

you really would look at a week 1 loss as a fluke??? you got to be kidding me lol anything to make you sleep at night i guess.

you really would look at a week 1 loss as a fluke??? you got to be kidding me lol anything to make you sleep at night i guess.

I wouldn't chock up the season. The Pats got destroyed by the Bills in week #1 in 2003. Murdered. The Pats lost one more game all year and the Bills only won 5 more.

There are a lot of fluke wins early in the season and many teams start fast out of the gate and fall apart within a month's time. Not saying if the Jets win that it would be a fluke win, but it could very well be a fluke win. We would only know after time.

agreed that a week 1 loss for the pats wouldnt mean the end of the season, there going to be 11-5/12-4 maybe better. i just wanted to state the point a jets win would not mean a fluke by any means, were a good football team, are we on the level of the pats, colts and chargers, no not yet, but were still a good football team that can beat any of those teams.

Does week 1 of 2003 season means anything to you?

Does week 1 of 2003 season means anything to you?

yeah it means you were probably still in high school sitting in back of the class with acne :rocker: to pun attended

dont even try and compare 2003 to 2007 thats a battle you cant and wont win. but thanks for the reminder i remember that game vividly, started throwing paper airplanes mid 2nd quater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back