PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If it turns out that Moss is nursing a back injury...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then maybe he should be put on the injury report...

He has been, with a back injury multiple times. I found him questionable Sept25. Maybe he has one of those back injuries that heals itself and never flares up.:rolleyes:

He has been, with a back injury multiple times. I found him questionable Sept25. Maybe he has one of those back injuries that heals itself and never flares up.:rolleyes:

no no no, if it flares up during the game they need to call a timeout, get on the phone with NFL headquarters and release a statement as soon as possible! Oh and Randy should definitely let the defenders know where the pain is so maybe they will take it easy on him.

Last edited:
Shockingly enough, Moss could be hurt and getting defended by all 11 players on the other team, and it would still be possible that he wasn't giving 100% focus and effort. The same non-defense "defense" is happening on multiple threads now. How many people are covering Moss isn't determinative of whether or not Moss is going balls to the wall on every play, or every game.

Of course, anyone who's listened to the idea that sometimes Moss will deliberately go less than all out on some plays in order to fool his opponents already knows this.

Name one receiver in the history of the game to go balls to the wall on every play while playing 95% of all snaps. Since you can't, all this hoopla about Moss is pointless. Put anyone under a microscope and you'll find plenty of blemishes. Enough with the ridiculous hypotheticals, where you don't actually say anything so that you don't have to defend your stance.

If Moss has 2 guys on him on the right side of the field and he knows the ball isn't coming his way, what exactly is the advantage of running at 100% max speed? If he can run at 75% speed and still take 2 defenders out of the picture, what is the advantage in wasting more energy? Does he have a bottomless well of energy inside of him?

Name one receiver in the history of the game to go balls to the wall on every play while playing 95% of all snaps. Since you can't, all this hoopla about Moss is pointless. Put anyone under a microscope and you'll find plenty of blemishes. Enough with the ridiculous hypotheticals, where you don't actually say anything so that you don't have to defend your stance.

If Moss has 2 guys on him on the right side of the field and he knows the ball isn't coming his way, what exactly is the advantage of running at 100% max speed? If he can run at 75% speed and still take 2 defenders out of the picture, what is the advantage in wasting more energy? Does he have a bottomless well of energy inside of him?

You do love to miss the point...

You do love to miss the point...

You do love to avoid questions...

I understand your "point", but I don't understand why you felt you needed to make it. Do you have a stance or do you just like to use hypotheticals to make obvious points?

You do love to avoid questions...

I understand your "point", but I don't understand why you felt you needed to make it. Do you have a stance or do you just like to use hypotheticals to make obvious points?

I've made my stance clear in multiple locations. You've jumped into Moss' pocket in multiple locations. It's been pretty cut and dry. You think Moss gave 100% effort and focus in the game. Most of the rest of us are living in the real world and saw otherwise, including ex-teammates and his own quarterback.

The coverage being played on him should not be a factor in how hard he plays. That's true of every player on the team.

Last edited:
I've made my stance clear in multiple locations. You've jumped into Moss' pocket in multiple locations. It's been pretty cut and dry. You think Moss gave 100% effort and focus in the game. Most of the rest of us are living in the real world and saw otherwise, including ex-teammates and his own quarterback.

The coverage being played on him should not be a factor in how hard he plays. That's true of every player on the team.

Actually the fact is you have no ******* idea what you are talking about. Keep saying I jumped into Moss' pocket and pass ridiculous opinions off as fact then take 5 pages to tell people they are the ones making assumptions.

None of you clowns with a blind bias against Moss live in the real world. In the real world no human being gives 100% effort, 100% of the time. In the real world, no NFL receiver has ever gone 100% effort on every single play of the game (except maybe those who played only a handful of snaps).

The fact that you just threw in "and his own quarterback" is a laughable attempt to "read between the lines" of any comment to come to your pre-determined conclusion.

It's OK to admit that you have no idea what you are talking about and it's also OK to answer "I don't know" to a question. But you continue in your fantasy land and continue to avoid all questions.

Actually the fact is you have no ******* idea what you are talking about. Keep saying I jumped into Moss' pocket and pass ridiculous opinions off as fact then take 5 pages to tell people they are the ones making assumptions.

None of you clowns with a blind bias against Moss live in the real world. In the real world no human being gives 100% effort, 100% of the time. In the real world, no NFL receiver has ever gone 100% effort on every single play of the game (except maybe those who played only a handful of snaps).

The fact that you just threw in "and his own quarterback" is a laughable attempt to "read between the lines" of any comment to come to your pre-determined conclusion.

It's OK to admit that you have no idea what you are talking about and it's also OK to answer "I don't know" to a question. But you continue in your fantasy land and continue to avoid all questions.

Wait... Now I have a blind bias against Moss?

You've now completely clowned yourself.

edit: Here's a post from October

I don't agree with this. I think Moss is the game's best receiver, and I think that only Calvin Johnson is even in his class. However, opinions will obviously vary.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/283420-defenses-have-shut-down-brady-moss.html#post1553143

and here's an entire thread

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/295090-who-subscribes-mike-felger-theory-branch-moss.html

You really need to learn the difference between honest criticism and "blind bias". Until then, you'll continue posting things as ridiculous as the post of yours that I cited here.

Last edited:
no no no, if it flares up during the game they need to call a timeout, get on the phone with NFL headquarters and release a statement as soon as possible! Oh and Randy should definitely let the defenders know where the pain is so maybe they will take it easy on him.

That would only be right. Great post!

I remember a post patern wher Moss ran all across the field and hardly looked like he was trying at all.

If it wasn't for the fact that he blew past three deep defenders and accelerated for a TD, I'd never have realized he was going that fast. Remember that one? it's in all the highlight films.

... a lot of people will feel pretty dumb.

Not me ... I've been saying it for some time now.
Moss can jump very well and he hasn't been which adds to the back is injured theory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye