PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Brady went on IR, would you want the pats to go after Bledsoe?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If Brady went on IR, Would you want Bledsoe to come out of Retirement?

• yes

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • no

Votes: 81 81.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just say no to Bedsore

Please don't compare this team to last years Cowboys.

and people think I'm crazy?

Why should I not compare the talent of the skill positions of last year's Cowboys with that of this year's Patriots?

Bledsoe had some tremendous talent around him in Owens, Glenn, Witten, Barber, and Jones. Yet couldn't get the job done.

The Patriots have just as many talented weapons in Moss, Stallworth, Watson, Welker and Faulk, though at different positions.

What makes you believe that Bledsoe could do anything with them?

Dedslow lobbied the Pats to give guaranteed contracts to the two most reprehensible wastes to ever strap a Patriot helmet on...Lane and Rucci...please....Boo Hoo Barfalo Drew is so over he's a freakin' mood ring

Why should I not compare the talent of the skill positions of last year's Cowboys with that of this year's Patriots?

Bledsoe had some tremendous talent around him in Owens, Glenn, Witten, Barber, and Jones. Yet couldn't get the job done.

The Patriots have just as many talented weapons in Moss, Stallworth, Watson, Welker and Faulk, though at different positions.

What makes you believe that Bledsoe could do anything with them?
Because there is no pressure on Brady, our O-line is better than Dallas oline was, and because Moss makes every QB look better, T.O. just makes more Drama, Don't think Romo won't see the ugly side of T.O. before he's done playing there.

Moss changes the way a Defense will play you more than any other player in the History of the NFL.

He opens up the field Better than anyone ever has.

T.O. isn't even in his league.

I believe in Cassel. I think the kid could handle it.

I base this on nothing else than a hunch, LOL

At least you admit your hunch. I have a difficult time seeing Cassel win a game in the NFL.

At least you admit your hunch. I have a difficult time seeing Cassel win a game in the NFL.
I'm sure he can win " a game. " But can he win "The Big Game."

That is the question.

Because there is no pressure on Brady, our O-line is better than Dallas oline was, and because Moss makes every QB look better, T.O. just makes more Drama, Don't think Romo won't see the ugly side of T.O. before he's done playing there.

There is pressure on Brady. He just handles it better than Drew does. Its part of Brady's pocket awareness. Something that Drew doesn't have.

I'm sorry, nothing you've said has convinced me that Bledsoe could succeed here.

One of the reasons our Oline performs well (most of the time...) is the guy they perform in front of. He is a film rat and student of the game within the game who reads defenses exceptionally well, makes seamless pre and post snap adjustments and works tirelessly to insure his receivers make the same ones he does, he consistently makes good decisions quickly and doesn't hang on to the ball too long, he buys time as needed in the pocket because he has deft footwork and awareness, he protects the football, and he never uses someone else's shortcomings as his excuse - even when it's justifiable. Just for openers, these are a handful of the things Drew could never do.

BTW, nice way to try and cloud things by talking about the O-line and only Moss and T.O.

How about talking about Witten, Glenn, Barber, and Jones. Witten is as good as or better than Watson. Glenn was a much better receiver than Stallworth. Barber and Jones provide the running tandem people seem to be clamoring that the Pats need.

You don't think that helps off-set the differences between Moss and T.O.?

One of the reasons our Oline performs well (most of the time...) is the guy they perform in front of. He is a film rat and student of the game within the game who reads defenses exceptionally well, makes seamless pre and post snap adjustments and works tirelessly to insure his receivers make the same ones he does, he consistently makes good decisions quickly and doesn't hang on to the ball too long, he buys time as needed in the pocket because he has deft footwork and awareness, he protects the football, and he never uses someone else's shortcomings as his excuse - even when it's justifiable. Just for openers, these are a handful of the things Drew could never do.
true, true.

Bledslow should change his name to Deere Indahedlites and see if he can latch onto some B movie acting jobs reprising Boris Karloff's roles in the Frankenstein trilogy

BTW, nice way to try and cloud things by talking about the O-line and only Moss and T.O.

How about talking about Witten, Glenn, Barber, and Jones. Witten is as good as or better than Watson. Glenn was a much better receiver than Stallworth. Barber and Jones provide the running tandem people seem to be clamoring that the Pats need.

You don't think that helps off-set the differences between Moss and T.O.?

Bledsoe took the Patriots to a Super Bowl in the past. He improved both Buffalo and Dallas while he was there. In Dallas, his preferred receiver was Terry Glenn, who was more dependable than Owens. Owens still had not grown up and was still a problem. The offensive line for Dallas was playing poorly to start the season, and Bledsoe, who had started slowly, took the fall for it. Anyone acting as if Romo was some miracle worker last season needs to reevaluate. Bledsoe was 3-3 and Romo was 6-4, not exactly a major difference.

Bledsoe needs an offensive line that can protect. Buffalo's was horrendous, and was so bad that the new GM (Levy) finally shelled out huge cash this offseason to fix it, because Losman, like Brady, has neither the release of Brady nor the escapability of Romo. In fact, even with Romo's escapability, he was sacked 21 times last season compared to Bledsoe's 16. Sometimes, the common wisdom isn't all that wise.

Why Drew Won't Be Here...

1. Drew is happily retired with money and family and has no desire to get clobbered weekly

2. BB would never, ever want him here. Here's just a few of the reasons why...
2a. Drew has no pocket presence; The Statue is a sack machine
2b. Drew is uncoachable; does what HE thinks is best
2c. Drew throws into double coverage rather than checking down to the open man
2d. Drew does not read defenses well
2e. Drew was always flummoxed by the screen pass
2f. Drew plays below his averages in playoff games. Look up the #s.
2g. Drew is a coach-killer. BB doged a bullet. Thanks Moe Lewis!!!

Last edited:
Why Drew Won't Be Here...

1. Drew is happily retired with money and family and has no desire to get clobbered weekly

2. BB would never, ever want him here. Here's just a few of the reasons why...
2a. Drew has no pocket presence; The Statue is a sack machine
2b. Drew is uncoachable; does what HE thinks is best
2c. Drew throws into double coverage rather than checking down to the open man
2d. Drew does not read defenses well
2e. Drew was always flummoxed by the screen pass
2f. Drew plays below his averages in playoff games. Look up the #s.
2g. Drew is a coach-killer. BB doged a bullet. Thanks Moe Lewis!!!
Bill would want him here if he thought it was his best chance to win

Throwing to Randy in double coverage isn't a bad thing around here, and nobody else usually see's double coverage because of Randy.

We would adjust the offense to better suit Drew (Just like you would Cassel)

Drew Did pretty well in his last Playoff Game, (The one that started Brady's Legacy)

No QB could put BB's job in jeperady in New England, after what he has accoplished.

Why ANYONE still even would think about bringing Drew Bozo back is beyone me. He stunk in his prime and he stinks now. Does a piece of crap ever lose it's stench? I mean, really, I just never understood the infatuation with this guy. He was a #1 pick. Great! He threw for a zillion yards. Great! He was a stand up guy(allegedly, even though he leaked info to McDonough and Borges). Great! Guess what? He friggen wet his pants and soiled them on top of that each and every time in the BIG GAME! Don't give me this crap about his supposedly great Pittsburgh AFC Title game fill in performance. They won that game despite this guy. He was a moving statue. Man, I used to hate watching that guy play. I screamed at my TV every series. He aggravated me to no end. I'll probably die 5 years earlier than I should because of that bum. He stunk!!!! I can't believe how many pats fans still have the audacity to show up at games wearing his #11 jersey. Man, I don't ever want to see that guy in a Pats uni again. Not even 25 years from now on anniversary day! Big Time Bum.:mad:

Last edited:
Parcells said it best last night when talking about if the jury is still out on Vince Young. He said yes it is because although Young has proven he can win GAMES he hasn't convinced Parcells he can win CHAMPIONSHIPS. That describes Drew Bozo in a nutshell.

Joe Gibbs said the second most imprortant Position on any team is the backup QB.

Esp. on a team with superbowl aspirations, I like Cassel as a third QB, with time to develop. Remember Brady was a fourth QB in 2001, When your 0-2 and the season doesn't look that promising then that's a great time to try out an inexperienced QB. BUT when your 10-0 and on the Verge of History, well I would like someone who has been there before.

If Bledsoe wouldn't be a good fit then who would?
I just can't imagine Cassel Starting in the Superbowl and feeling good about it.

Bill would want him here if he thought it was his best chance to win

PWP: I guess you missed entirely points 2a-2g, which illustrate why Drew would NOT give BB the best chance to win.

Drew Did pretty well in his last Playoff Game, (The one that started Brady's Legacy)
PWP: Ah yes, the game where the ONLY TD Drew scored was on the drive that STARTED inside Steelers territory where Brady had led them. That drive. Perhaps you forgot that totally irresponsible, game losing toss of the ball right into a Steelers LB who droped the potential reverse TD? Or the behind the back over his head no look toss Drew made when under pressure about to be sacked? Well, BB DOES remember those plays. See point 2f again.

No QB could put BB's job in jeperady in New England, after what he has accoplished.

Your last point is correct. The Coach-Killer could not kill BB now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes