PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do you WANT/EXPECT the Pats to draft in the first round? [read post before voting]

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What position do you believe the Patriots WILL draft in the first round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who would you take of the two players featured in this clip, the LT or the DE?

The talent gap between Pats and other 3 teams in the division is so wide that
No matter what happens in draft we are still looking at a fourth place non playoff team.
Focus should be on building foundational key pieces at critical positions OT, cb, DL

I do not think they should take Addison in first roound

I disagree with the logic of this. If they have the worst talent and are going to finish out of the running then you take the best prospect, and not a more current need.

Impressive player a Monster on ST's too BB love these type of players love his Strength at the POI. :cool:

Who I want the Pats to draft and who I expect them to draft are two different people.

Want: OT at 14
Expect: Trading down and picking a CB or something

Impressive player a Monster on ST's too BB love these type of players love his Strength at the POI. :cool:
I was asking because the guy he mowed down is the top rated LT in the draft

I was asking because the guy he mowed down is the top rated LT in the draft
DE for me please we are going to need one with that kind of power in the AFC Period!

Van Ness is so blahhh no thanks

we're trading down...and taking a safety..Brian Branch from Alabama...6 foot..190...4.55 speed...yup, BB will waste zero seconds making this pick in the 1st round...after that we'll take the fifth rated WR on the board because...well that's what we always do in the 2nd round

The thing is, on average for picks in the teens, the odds are that an OT taken then will end up being about as productive as the two guys we signed as FA.

I expect OL-DL-CB and I am hoping for Emanuel Forbes. I think he's a stud that may be available a few picks after 14, but would still be happy with him at 14.

The thing is, on average for picks in the teens, the odds are that an OT taken then will end up being about as productive as the two guys we signed as FA.
How are those odds? We've only taken one OT in the teens during Belichick's entire time here. You can't base that off one pick.

Weird thing is that the Patriots have only selected a tackle 3x in the 1st round in the last 35 years (Armstrong, Harlow, Solder).

How are those odds? We've only taken one OT in the teens during Belichick's entire time here. You can't base that off one pick.

Weird thing is that the Patriots have only selected a tackle 3x in the 1st round in the last 35 years (Armstrong, Harlow, Solder).
Not using Patriots' picks. Using general success rate of players taken in the teens in the NFL draft. There are a lot of busts, so the average is, well, pretty much average, which is what we signed.

Before all the Mac Jones drama and rumors started popping up I would have said that OT was our #1 position of need.

Now? I'd be more excited to take a new QB. If BB doesn't trust Mac Jones, there's no way he can succeed here in New England, so might as well let BB get 'his guy' and develop him.

I'd be interested to see Will Levis, Antony Richardson, or Hendan Hooker as a Patriot. The assumption being Bryce Young goes #1 overall and maybe Houston is willing to trade down.

Not using Patriots' picks. Using general success rate of players taken in the teens in the NFL draft. There are a lot of busts, so the average is, well, pretty much average, which is what we signed.
Well, are we talking about tackles, or all players taken in the teens?

The Patriots record of taking players in the middle of the 1st is outstanding.

Want? Deonte Banks. Believe they'll take either him, Lukas Van Ness, Zay Flowers or one of the top tier tackles if they slip.

I'm goin' with trade back and Zay Flowers

How does Van Ness compare to Chandler Jones when he was coming out? Why didn’t he start at all for Iowa?

I'm hearing things !

Fx Networks Mind Blown GIF by Cake FX

But first stay tuned for a message from our sponsors.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back