PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Brady went on IR, would you want the pats to go after Bledsoe?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If Brady went on IR, Would you want Bledsoe to come out of Retirement?

• yes

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • no

Votes: 81 81.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
what scott secules was not available...??

And why would you want to see Drew throw a Int to Bob Sanders in the Afc title game that cost us the game???

Been there done that , the Drew Bledsoe days are long gone

I'd put a restraining order on Bledsoe to not come within a hundred miles of gillette.

While there's nothing wrong with your question and Bledsoe could win a Super Bowl with this offense, he's made it abundantly clear that he's retired. He was a great quarterback and got the shaft in 3 different cities. Much like Jake "the snake" Plummer, I think he took far too much of the blame for the failures of the team, and he's probably soured on the off-field nonsense more than the game itself.

i always get annoyed when someone brings up bledsoe on this board, because evetually the bashers come out. leave him in peace. the real question should be, who's gonna be #3? if b.b. says cassell is the #2, thats good enough for me. in bb we trust. but who would be signed to be a backup to cassell, and gut? vinny is no longer an option, and please dont say flutie:bricks: none of this matters anyway. this a stupid thread. i cant believe we're even talking about this

Parilli looked pretty spry.

i would activate troy brown let him play qb and if he goes down too.. then maybe we give drew a call, maybe...

Drew would not be a consideration, there is Cassell then Guiteraz(sp) and a bunch of other guys on the fringe.. Bledsoe would get bored, throw a bunch of int's and then make excuses.

BB and Bledsoe do not like each other. Do you want your coach and QB to have that between them, NO!

NO WAY!

This question makes me sick...S-I-C-K!!!!!

No, no, no. Too old; too set in his ways; could never get us over the hump. Why would that have changed? You saw what he did in Dallas & Buffalo, after he left here - same old, same old only he was worse, as he did not have youthful exuberance on his side any more.

What the hell is this? Stop this kind of talk. :mad:

Besides, Brady's body guards won't let it happen.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1045720
“Their offensive line is playing great football right now,” said Bills safety Donte Whitner. “They don’t want you to touch Tom Brady or even talk to him. It’s harder to get to Brady than to cover their receivers. But we didn’t do either, and you saw the end result.”

The poll on the 5th quarter, showed that only 8% of the fans think we could win without Brady this year.

I can't think of a Better Guy to Bring in then Bledsoe.

Maybe his ego would be too Big.

Or Maybe BB would be to Big.

But I'm sure Kraft wouldn't mind, and as much as Bledsoe drove me crazy with all those turnovers, with this O-Line giving the Qb's all day to pass, I Think he would Light it Up!!!

I just know I don't sleep well at night with Cassel as our #2.

I'd rather have Matt Cassel as the qb than Bledsoe. Bledsoe has proven he can't handle the system the Patriots run. He's got almost zero pocket awareness.

Bledsoe couldn't get it done last year when he had T.O., Glenn, Witten, Barber and Jones for weapons. What makes you think he'd be able to come in her and do anything?

While there's nothing wrong with your question and Bledsoe could win a Super Bowl with this offense, he's made it abundantly clear that he's retired. He was a great quarterback and got the shaft in 3 different cities. Much like Jake "the snake" Plummer, I think he took far too much of the blame for the failures of the team, and he's probably soured on the off-field nonsense more than the game itself.

If Bledsoe could win a Superbowl with this offense than so could Cassel and Gutierrez.... It's a wonder we pay this Brady guy at all. :rolleyes:

Drew didn't get the shaft any more than Jake did. These guys got a chance to prolong their careers if they could play under house arrest. When push came to shove, neither could do that consistently without violating parole. Making the same bad decisions over and over was just to ingrained in them like career criminals. Honestly you make them sound like first time offenders whose defense was the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. When in actuality they were habitual offenders who got multiple opportunities to rehabilitate themselves but never took personal responsibility for their own behavior. And each walked away from the game because they were not willing to even pay lip service any longer to playing under the kinds of restrictions being imposed by HOF HC's that made them at least somewhat viable.

Believe me, after the first two or three drive killing strip sacks and picks, not to mention getting hung out to dry receptions and miscommunications, Randy and company would be glaring at Drew the way TO used to...

If Bledsoe could win a Superbowl with this offense than so could Cassel and Gutierrez.... It's a wonder we pay this Brady guy at all. :rolleyes:

Drew didn't get the shaft any more than Jake did. These guys got a chance to prolong their careers if they could play under house arrest. When push came to shove, neither could do that consistently without violating parole. Making the same bad decisions over and over was just to ingrained in them like career criminals. Honestly you make them sound like first time offenders whose defense was the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. When in actuality they were habitual offenders who got multiple opportunities to rehabilitate themselves but never took personal responsibility for their own behavior. And each walked away from the game because they were not willing to even pay lip service any longer to playing under the kinds of restrictions being imposed by HOF HC's that made them at least somewhat viable.

Believe me, after the first two or three drive killing strip sacks and picks, not to mention getting hung out to dry receptions and miscommunications, Randy and company would be glaring at Drew the way TO used to...

Nonsense, as anyone who looks at their careers without an agenda can see.

Bledsoe < Pennington. Bledsoe's "glaring weakness" was tunnelvision which resulted in poorly judged throws. I still try to forget that bewildered look on his face after he threw a pick at many a critical juncture. It was like he looke down field, seeing only his intended receiver, overlooking the fact that he was in double or even triple coverage. When he was intercepted, his face told a story - "where did that DB come from?"
Brady looked like he has tunnel vision for Moss at times, and that doesn't seem to be a problem.

You know as well as I do there is a long list of athletes who retired and swore to never play again, sometimes when a situation presents itself, things change.

No, no, no. Too old; too set in his ways; could never get us over the hump. Why would that have changed? You saw what he did in Dallas & Buffalo, after he left here - same old, same old only he was worse, as he did not have youthful exuberance on his side any more.
If Dilfer could get the 2000 Ravens "over the hump" then I don't think it's implosible that Bledsoe could do the same with the 2007 pats.

I'd rather have Matt Cassel as the qb than Bledsoe. Bledsoe has proven he can't handle the system the Patriots run. He's got almost zero pocket awareness.

Bledsoe couldn't get it done last year when he had T.O., Glenn, Witten, Barber and Jones for weapons. What makes you think he'd be able to come in her and do anything?
Please don't compare this team to last years Cowboys.

and people think I'm crazy?

You know as well as I do there is a long list of athletes who retired and swore to never play again, sometimes when a situation presents itself, things change.

He's been contacted about playing for other teams and made it abundantly clear that he wasn't interested. Given his belief that BB hosed him, I doubt he'd be chomping at the bit to rejoin this team, although, as you note, situations present themselves, and the situation here is unique.

Nonsense, as anyone who looks at their careers without an agenda can see.

I haven't required an agenda since the day Mo replaced Drew with Tommy. I knew what he was, and wasn't, long before Mo did this organization that solid. I am fully aware there are lots of folks who didn't get it then and apparently still don't fully grasp it now. Tuna was even one of those for a time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back