PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Idle thoughts.....

That or he works for the Patriots and his name is Jarvis Green.

I don't think that even Jarvis Green would make such a statement while not under the influence.

Now, his mom, on the other hand, I could see making that sort of comment.

Last edited:

I don't think that even Jarvis Green would make such a statement while not under the influence.

Relatedly, is there any reason Green can't be converted to an OLB for third and long?

Last edited:

Green has been a pass-rusher on third and long. If you are asking whether he can lift his hand from the ground before the play starts, the answer is that he can. Seriously, almost all our DE's and OLB's can play DE or OLB in certain situations. We used to specialize in have tham all stand up until the offense was set, and then declare. He was draft to repalce McGinist and play his elephant back position.

Relatedly, is there any reason Green can't be converted to an OLB for third and long?

I didn't think my haphazzard comment on Richard Seymour would be taken so dramatically. It is my thought the Richard will have a GREAT YEAR this season, (along with the rest of the DLine). This is his contract year, and I don't believe that the Pats will try very hard to bring him back, NOR do I believe that Richard WANTS to come back. Personally I don't think he likes living in NE. I think he'd like to play in a less restrictive, more agressive defense, the the 2 gap 3-4 that NE plays. Finally I think his money demands will be TOO high for a player who will be well into his 30's by the end of his next contract.

The Pats have already extended Warren and WILL extend Wilfolk this off season. It makes cap sense to allow Seymour to leave AFTER this season, and is why I would be shocked if one of those first 4 picks is a 6'5+ 290lb DE, who we can afford to sit most of this year.

Jarvis Green has had a long and productive career being exactly what he is. The 3th DE in a 2 man rotation. If he is still with the team in 2010, then hopefully he will be in the same position, with either a replacement for Seymour that comes in THIS draft, or in FA in the next off season

BTW - Thanks for the info on the 30% rule. Now my proposal would be more conventional. Give Vince a $10MM- $12MM signing bonus on a 5 yr deal, with roster bonuses that would add up to $50MM over the 5 years with about 30MM guaranteed, most of the 30 would be paid over the first 3 years of the deal

It makes cap sense to allow Seymour to leave AFTER this season, and is why I would NOT be shocked if one of those first 4 picks is a 6'5+ 290lb DE, who we can afford to sit most of this year.

Fixed it for ya. I agree.

Last edited:
Richard Seymour wont be resigned so the point is moot. Jarvis has made just as many big plays the last couple of years as Sey.

Richard Seymour wont be resigned so the point is moot. Jarvis has made just as many big plays the last couple of years as Sey.

You should watch a game some day. They are usually on Sundays during the fall and early winter.

I can't say the Green is Seymours equal, and Seymour can be a beast. I'm just saying that BB separates business from personal likes. Remember Milloy. I'm guessing that if he thinks that Sey's play has dropped off and he can't get better value by trading him, then that is what he will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News