PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - pre-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thought on this night is there is a huge difference in coaching between

" Just do your job"
and
"This showdown is the second biggest game in our teams history"

It's interesting for us to watch, because division wise this is similar. We are trying to get to your stability and do not say much, while Falcon players are very vocal. I would have to say the falcon fans beat the Jets in being rude, but Rex is heads and tails above Smith. Even if smith acts like a child on the field, Rex acts like one all of the time.

How humiliating it must be for PM to hear rex say, " Personally, we finally got his ass." Knowing how depleted his team was, and that they would never beat his team healthy.
Rex Ryan Speech | Colts | SportsGrid

I guess its up to you to set things right

Last edited:
Sorry for my football love, but just one of my favorite photos ever.
-cfb9d27b05acf902-custom-665xautojpg-3f52291662dadf9b_large.jpg

Thats our coach, and he's hanging with a HOFer, thats wicked. That gives us a lot of hope, to know a coach of his accomplishments would give our coach the time of day.

This is the problem we have with Rex and the like. They would bad mouth Vince Lombardi. Theres seems to be no respect for the game anymore, in some circles. Some fans have a rivalry that transcends football and has become personal. When did we start not respecting teams just because we lose, their better coached, or our own team cant seem to get its act together? We find this deeply disturbing, its affecting our ability to bring our children to away games, and not something we completely understand. But, it's growing and we will have no part in it.
http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190011&highlight=seattle&page=2

No matter what Rex and the Jets say Patriots fans, know the football world looks to you to act like your team, make us proud, act as you have in the past and continue to bring dignity to the sport.

Last edited:
View attachment 3453

Thats our coach, and he's hanging with a HOFer, thats wicked. That gives us a lot of hope, to know a coach of his accomplishments would give our coach the time of day.

This is the problem we have with Rex and the like. They would bad mouth Vince Lombardi. Theres seems to be no respect for the game anymore, in some circles. Some fans have a rivalry that transcends football and has become personal. When did we start not respecting teams just because we lose, their better coached, or our own team cant seem to get its act together? We find this deeply disturbing, its affecting our ability to bring our children to away games, and not something we completely understand. But, it's growing and we will have no part in it.
As somebody who went to the game...(MERGED) - Page 2 - SaintsReport Community Forums

No matter what Rex and the Jets say Patriots fans, know the football world looks to you to act like your team, make us proud, act as you have in the past and continue to bring dignity to the sport.

Thanks for your comments!

FYI, if you didn't know it already -- David Halberstam's Education of a Coach shows just how much BB believes in coaches helping other coaches.

View attachment 3453

As somebody who went to the game...(MERGED) - Page 2 - SaintsReport Community Forums

Let me ditto Fencer. That was a "classy" post. I had one of the best times of my life in NO for the superbowl vs the Bears; except for those inconvenient final 55 minutes of the actual game. ;) The before and after were fantastic. I particularly remember how much fun I had with Bear's fans....again, both before AND after. None of the animosity that seems to permeate the discourse now.

We shouldn't be surprised, we just have to look at the political arena, where having a different view these days will get you shot.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
View attachment 3453

I had the pleasure of being at Foxboro for the joint scrimmages with the Saints. The Super Bowl Champs' participation gave us two excellent professional coaching peers and teams interacting. Best day ever of summer camp and I've been attending for decades.

I had the pleasure of being at Foxboro for the joint scrimmages with the Saints. The Super Bowl Champs' participation gave us two excellent professional coaching peers and teams interacting. Best day ever of summer camp and I've been attending for decades.

I think you will see a lot more of that kind of interaction at camps in the future, especially if they go to an 18 game season or drop 2 preseason games.

A controlled scrimmage like you saw is a MUCH more effective way for coaches to teach and evaluate players than a preseason game. You get more reps and more teaching done. Its also way more safer. The only thing a preseason game does, isn't for the players, but the coaches. They get to practice substitutions and communications...also KOs and returns.

But by and large, except for the kicking game, these 2 team scrimmages are the best. I'd love to see 2 per camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back