PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I want no part of the Giants in the SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Ravens fan and I think either team from the AFC can handle the Giants or Niners. We are both fortunate the packers and saints got bumped, even thought the Ravens traditionally have handled Brees. I wanted no part of Rodgers.

I'm a Ravens fan and I think either team from the AFC can handle the Giants or Niners. We are both fortunate the packers and saints got bumped, even thought the Ravens traditionally have handled Brees. I wanted no part of Rodgers.

Although with the way they played on Sunday, I'm pretty sure many teams could have handled the Packers. Talk about running out of steam.

the 49ers are going to kick them in the ass all the way back to Jersey.

Although with the way they played on Sunday, I'm pretty sure many teams could have handled the Packers. Talk about running out of steam.

Very few QBs not named Manning have whipped the Ravens the way Discount Double Check did in 2009. While that team had some fairly suspect cornerbacks, you remember those sorts of beatings.

Very few QBs not named Manning have whipped the Ravens the way Discount Double Check did in 2009. While that team had some fairly suspect cornerbacks, you remember those sorts of beatings.

We had some difficulty with the Pack last year without Rodgers in the lineup, so yeah, I wasn't exactly salivating for a rematch. In a dome no less.

I'm in the one-game-at-a-time camp, with this proviso:

If we get to the super bowl, my fervent wish is we play better than the other team. That's it. You beat whoever's there, or you don't. The way BB preaches it, every week turns on a few special plays, and in between them you minimize mistakes, capitalize on theirs, and take away their best ways to hurt you and make them hurt you some other way... not a very complex "analysis" but I think it fits the bill.

Now the superstitious part of me want to add "... as long as the O-line doesn't turn into turnstiles, nobody traps the ball against his head, the refs don't unleash a cavalcade of "un-Patriotic" calls and non-calls, blah blah blah blah..."

But come on. If you get there, you make sure you play better than them. That's not in our control, but neither is the performance of this year's hot team.

If you're spooked about the 07/08 Giants having the same helmets as the 11/12 Giants, fine. But I remember being so psyched that the football Gods gave us the Giants instead of a "good" NFC team... this year's version might just as well be the 9ers.

Yes, I'm going there.

I don't post much, but you might remember me for my "Pats will go 12-4ish and lose in the first round" posts. I even picked Denver to win last week. I thought the Pats were the much better team, but had no faith in them based on 09 and 10.

You just destroyed your own credibility. Why would we listen to you now when you've been flat out wrong so many times previously?

I don't see any way the Ravens win this game. Brady already had his annual 4 INT this year and this Ravens D isn't the Ravens D of old. Not to mention when we played them in 09, we didn't have the two TEs or Branch, Welker wasn't playing, and Brady was injured.

Not to mention, Flacco sucks.

There is no way I am overlooking the Ravens. And neither will the Pats. You can talk about how 'old and slow' they are but that defensive unit plays very well together and has given a lot of teams trouble. Can we put up 30 on them? Yes. This offense can put up 30 on any team on any given Sunday. But don't take it for granted. A turnover early could change the entire tone of the game.

What scares me is the Giants. Sure, the 49ers will be no cakewalk either, but the Giants just seem to have lady luck on their side. I don't know if I could take another loss to them in the SB.

That front seven scares me.

Giants D has a strong front 7. I think that the 49ers defense has better overall talent though. Patrick Willis is arguably the best linebacker in the ENTIRE NFL. Let's beat the Ravens first and see who comes out of the NFC championship game then we'll talk matchups.

This thread will be pointless after the Patriots win and the Giants lose.

Agree completely, although Brees actually scared me more than Rodgers because he shredded the Patriots a couple of years ago like no other QB has. This is a really big reason Patriot fans are feeling so good right now because the mood would be different if the Saints and Packers were playing the NFCC Sunday.

Agree completely, although Brees actually scared me more than Rodgers because he shredded the Patriots a couple of years ago like no other QB has. This is a really big reason Patriot fans are feeling so good right now because the mood would be different if the Saints and Packers were playing the NFCC Sunday.

If they had played Rodgers he would have probably done the same thing.

I don't want any part of the Giants either. A Superbowl win is a Superbowl win. It's the greatest stage in sports. Having a "revenge" factor would be awesome, but I feel the Patriots matchup better with the 49'ers then the Giants. Also, who would want to relive THAT game for 2 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News