PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I want no part of the Giants in the SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was worried about the Broncos winning and coming up with some master gameplan to shut down the offense and have some Tebow miracle based on what Patriot team I'd seen show up the previous two years.

It's clear Brady is on a mission this year and won't be denied. But that Giants team has the d-line to cause Brady (or any great QB) fits and seems to have that inexplicable luck (see the hail mary against the Packers.)

Like someone else said, I'm convinced Eli has a deal with the devil.

Oh, please all this "genuflecting" at the altar of the Giants is getting so sickening. Somehow, if we win the AFC Sunday, I don't care which team it is. If anything, the Giants may be a better much up for us, for a number of reasons. Somehow, I don't see BB & TB losing to Coughlin and Manning THREE times in a row. You think this team won't be "extra motivated" against these guys? There are still players on this team that still remember SB42, especially BB & TB. I, personally, think that SF is a better overall team than the Giants are. I get the "run" that they are on now, but there is a reason this team is 9-7, and backed in to the playoffs. There were two plays, one against Dallas, the first game, and one against us from being 7-9 right now, and sitting home. Sorry, I don't see lightning striking twice.

We go 13-3, and people on this board are talking about replacing BB. The Giants go 7-7, then have a good month, and they are the 72 Dolphins. Sounds about right around here.

wtf is with so many people on this board thinking the Ravens are such an easy out??? don't get it

There not an easy out. Mainly because of are unknown defense. I honestly don't really understand our D.. on one hand I think its good on the other I think it needs a lot of work... and what happens Sunday I have no idea.. But I do think we have the advantage.. like if both teams play at full strength max potential. I think the Pats win by a couple scores. But football is a mental game too.. the good news is the pats have been mentally tough all year.

We should pull away by the end of the 3rd.. But blowing out the Ravens would be hella fun. :rocker: I just get this impression there a bunch of thugs.

I've been on record here as saying that I don't think we match up as well with the Giants as other teams. As Brady said after the Dallas game this year: "Anytime you can get pressure with four guys and drop the rest into coverage, that's good defense". The Giants, with that 4 DE set, also have the ability to pressure us up the middle. That said, we have a great test this weekend that I'm not quite ready to look past. BUT, if we should get past the Ravens, I would want the Giants all the way. Nothing would every hurt as bad as going 18-1 and nothing would ever feel better than returning the favor to the same team in the Super Bowl four years later.

Did you want us to go 16-0 ?

Ravens are a team built for the Playoffs, they beat teams with winning records.

:)

Yeah! Fierce play-off winning teams like the Seahawks, Chargers, Jaguars, and Titans!!!

:rocker:

Yeah! Fierce play-off winning teams like the Seahawks, Chargers, Jaguars, and Titans!!!

:rocker:

He's stuck on the same point, over and over and over again.

He thinks that b/c the Ravens beat teams with better records, that somehow means they matchup better with the Pats.

I don't get the reasoning, especially after watching our team beat every tough team last yr, only to lose the first game against a team that played pumped up and had a very good gameplan. Oh yeah, then there was the Packers this yr too...remember them? The team that was destined to go 19-0? Only to lose to a team way worse in many ways, but were pumped up and had a good individual scheme.

I agree with him that BAL matches up well in many areas, but that's where it ends.

Hopefully, all Ravens fans are not quite this short-sighted.

For the record, I love how he casually "forgets" about the 4-4 road record, the 13 sacks his team accumilated in 8 road games, and the poor teams that they lost to.

Maybe he doesn't realize that we have gotten everyone's best shot for 10 yrs in a row now?

wtf is with so many people on this board thinking the Ravens are such an easy out??? don't get it

My guess is that it'll be a competitive game we could win or lose but, but! I still want no part in the Giants being at the Super Bowl regardless of who wins this weekends.

:nooo:

Last edited:
If it's not us winning I want it to be NYG the thought that Peyton will be behind Brady in rings and he will also be behind his brother. I can't stand 49er fans and only know a few giants fan's who all have the opinion that they got lucky on a single play and won the SB.

Yes, I'm going there.

I don't post much, but you might remember me for my "Pats will go 12-4ish and lose in the first round" posts. I even picked Denver to win last week. I thought the Pats were the much better team, but had no faith in them based on 09 and 10.

I don't see any way the Ravens win this game. Brady already had his annual 4 INT this year and this Ravens D isn't the Ravens D of old. Not to mention when we played them in 09, we didn't have the two TEs or Branch, Welker wasn't playing, and Brady was injured.

Not to mention, Flacco sucks.

What scares me is the Giants. Sure, the 49ers will be no cakewalk either, but the Giants just seem to have lady luck on their side. I don't know if I could take another loss to them in the SB.

That front seven scares me.

You jumped too far ahead for me. I have a Ravens team to focus on.

There not an easy out. Mainly because of are unknown defense. I honestly don't really understand our D.. on one hand I think its good on the other I think it needs a lot of work... and what happens Sunday I have no idea.. But I do think we have the advantage.. like if both teams play at full strength max potential. I think the Pats win by a couple scores. But football is a mental game too.. the good news is the pats have been mentally tough all year.

We should pull away by the end of the 3rd.. But blowing out the Ravens would be hella fun. :rocker: I just get this impression there a bunch of thugs.

Ravens do have a thug attitude. They are however a very good physical team that will provide tough matchups with the Patriots. I know people are sky high here after a blowout, but the Ravens are a far better team than the Broncos are.

I'm borderline stunned by this thread. First of all few players from either team remain from 07. Secondly, we match up just fine with this version of the Giants. In 07 we relied on longer plays and play development. This years version of the Pats is 3 seconds and done. Thirdly, the no huddle completely offsets serious pass rushes and finally, and really most importantly we haven't even PLAYED the Ravens yet why the F are we talking Giants??

Lamest post ever

SB wins don't have asterisks next to them. There is no "easy way" to win one.

LOL....who said anything about asterisks?

I think beating the giants would mean more.

You sound like one of those clowns who thinks elementary school teachers should correct papers in something other than red.......just as long as we win, it doesn't matter how......the prize is more important than the work......

I'm borderline stunned by this thread. First of all few players from either team remain from 07. Secondly, we match up just fine with this version of the Giants. In 07 we relied on longer plays and play development. This years version of the Pats is 3 seconds and done. Thirdly, the no huddle completely offsets serious pass rushes and finally, and really most importantly we haven't even PLAYED the Ravens yet why the F are we talking Giants??

We didn't do so great matching up with them during the season, which is exactly why I would love to face them now

Ravens do have a thug attitude. They are however a very good physical team that will provide tough matchups with the Patriots. I know people are sky high here after a blowout, but the Ravens are a far better team than the Broncos are.

We didn't do so great matching up with them during the season, which is exactly why I would love to face them now

agreed which is exactly why threads like this make me nauseous.

Yes, I'm going there.

I don't post much, but you might remember me for my "Pats will go 12-4ish and lose in the first round" posts. I even picked Denver to win last week. I thought the Pats were the much better team, but had no faith in them based on 09 and 10.

I don't see any way the Ravens win this game. Brady already had his annual 4 INT this year and this Ravens D isn't the Ravens D of old. Not to mention when we played them in 09, we didn't have the two TEs or Branch, Welker wasn't playing, and Brady was injured.

What scares me is the Giants. Sure, the 49ers will be no cakewalk either, but the Giants just seem to have lady luck on their side. I don't know if I could take another loss to them in the SB.

Bring on the Giants!!!!! Revenge makes the winning all that much sweeter.
Not only am I not afraid of the Giants but I think if truth be told Brady, BB and Co. WANT a rematch with the Giants.
Beating the Giants in Peyton's house.....NOTHING better!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING!!

What's wrong with facing the Giants in the Super Bowl when it means the Patriots are in the Super Bowl?

Yes, I'm going there.

People mention the Giants Defense alot but they too sport a very good underated Offense. They have to very Good RB's and Three Very Good WR's and some decent TE's. Yes the Giants pose a problems for oposing Defenses too.

I actually think the Niners will beat them. They have a better D, a better pass rush and a ball control offense, with a QB who hasn't been making mistakes lately. Add the fact that the Giants are getting a little too big for their britches and I see them falling this week. They went 9-7 for a reason.

The weather in SF for the game is high 40's with rain and wind. Eli's QB rating in windy conditions or with precipitation is 73 and change. He's going to be facing both. His TD:INT goes way down and his fumbles go way up. These winds are supposed to be in the 20's gusting to 45. If this weather report holds up the 49ers are going to win because they have the better running game and the better running defense. The weather is going to neutralize the Giants passing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back