PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I want no part of the Giants in the SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Yes, I'm going there.

I don't post much, but you might remember me for my "Pats will go 12-4ish and lose in the first round" posts. I even picked Denver to win last week. I thought the Pats were the much better team, but had no faith in them based on 09 and 10.

I don't see any way the Ravens win this game. Brady already had his annual 4 INT this year and this Ravens D isn't the Ravens D of old. Not to mention when we played them in 09, we didn't have the two TEs or Branch, Welker wasn't playing, and Brady was injured.

Not to mention, Flacco sucks.

What scares me is the Giants. Sure, the 49ers will be no cakewalk either, but the Giants just seem to have lady luck on their side. I don't know if I could take another loss to them in the SB.

That front seven scares me.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm going there.

I don't post much, but you might remember me for my "Pats will go 12-4ish and lose in the first round" posts. I even picked Denver to win last week. I thought the Pats were the much better team, but had no faith in them based on 09 and 10.

I don't see any way the Ravens win this game. Brady already had his annual 4 INT this game and this Ravens D isn't the Ravens D of old. Not to mention when we played them in 09, we didn't have the two TEs or Branch, Welker wasn't playing, and Brady was injured.

Not to mention, Flacco sucks.

What scares me is the Giants. Sure, the 49ers will be no cakewalk either, but the Giants just seem to have lady luck on their side. I don't know if I could take another loss to them in the SB.

That front seven scares me.

NYG have hit their stride at the right time but lets bring this thread back next week if applicable.

I say the giants for the exact reason you are against.

not interested in a trophy that was done the easy way......

One.Game.At.A.Time.

To tell the truth I don't care who it is they will face in the SB as long as they get there. If San Fran gets there that will mean that they are just as good or better then the Giants and are just as scary. If it's the Giants that is fine with me.

I am sure the Ravens will grant that wish.

:)

Maybe we'll have Jax play instead of us...take the week off and rest? Jax after all beat your team. Yes the same Jax that would have trouble beating Alabama.

Lamest post ever

SB wins don't have asterisks next to them. There is no "easy way" to win one.

time to man up bro.

wtf is with so many people on this board thinking the Ravens are such an easy out??? don't get it

Oh, please all this "genuflecting" at the altar of the Giants is getting so sickening. Somehow, if we win the AFC Sunday, I don't care which team it is. If anything, the Giants may be a better much up for us, for a number of reasons. Somehow, I don't see BB & TB losing to Coughlin and Manning THREE times in a row. You think this team won't be "extra motivated" against these guys? There are still players on this team that still remember SB42, especially BB & TB. I, personally, think that SF is a better overall team than the Giants are. I get the "run" that they are on now, but there is a reason this team is 9-7, and backed in to the playoffs. There were two plays, one against Dallas, the first game, and one against us from being 7-9 right now, and sitting home. Sorry, I don't see lightning striking twice.

Last edited:
Maybe we'll have Jax play instead of us...take the week off and rest? Jax after all beat your team. Yes the same Jax that would have trouble beating Alabama.

Did you want us to go 16-0 ?

Ravens are a team built for the Playoffs, they beat teams with winning records.

the way we are playing NO team scares me...the 09 team i wanted all the easiest opponents, not this time around

this time give me the BEST, or give me the ones with revenge, i WANT the giants, and neither I nor the offensive line should fear their front seven....its worse than advertised

NY did not win against GB b/c of their pressure on Aaron, they won b/c Aaron had an uncharacteristically horrible game, by any standards, and his WR's did not bail him out as they usually do

neither of those will be problems for us this year

bring on the Giants, the revenge tour has started

Did you want us to go 16-0 ?

Ravens are a team built for the Playoffs, they beat teams with winning records.

I keep seeing you (and other Ravens fans) parrot this 'better record versus winning teams' stat.

Question: could you please provide me with any data whatsoever showing any semblance of a correlation between a club's record versus team with winning records in the regular season, and playoff success?

Personally I looked - and found none.

The stat is utterly meaningless. You're being duped by talking heads that want you to watch them, listen to them and read them with a completely insignificant sound bite.

Last edited:
Oh, please all this "genuflecting" at the altar of the Giants is getting so sickening. Somehow, if we win the AFC Sunday, I don't care which team it is. If anything, the Giants may be a better much up for us, for a number of reasons. Somehow, I don't see BB & TB losing to Coughlin and Manning THREE times in a row. You think this team won't be "extra motivated" against these guys? There are still players on this team that still remember SB42, especially BB & TB. I, personally, think that SF is a better overall team than the Giants are. I get the "run" that they are on now, but there is a reason this team is 9-7, and backed in to the playoffs. There were two plays, one against Dallas, the first game, and one against us from being 7-9 right now, and sitting home. Sorry, I don't see lightning striking twice.
A lot of people are drinking the NYG koolaid right now. That's fine with me. They're also becoming very ****y. They've been talking Cash Money/Young Money s***. I hope SF destroys them on sunday. I'm also hearing that there might be a rain storm for the game. Rain & Candlestick Park = A disaster.

I keep seeing you (and other Ravens fans) parrot this 'better record versus winning teams' stat.

Question: could you please provide me with any data whatsoever showing any semblance of a correlation between a club's record versus team with winning records in the regular season, and playoff success?

Personally I looked - and found none.

The stat is utterly meaningless. You're being duped by talking heads that want you to watch them, listen to them and read them with a completely insignificant sound bite.

I think it was Kerry Byrne and the CHFF crew that popularized the "Quality Standings" metric. I think that it has not held up as well lately. The Pats were 7-1 last year against teams with winning records and lost to Jets who were 2-4. We were 3-4 in 2009 and lost to the 2-7 Ravens.

The 2007 Pats were 7-0 and lost to the 1-5 Giants.

One game at a time...yada yada yada...Gotta focus on the Ravens...yada yada yada...Any given Sunday...yada yada yada...

Yada this, yada that...I'm pulling for the 'niners.

As I said in another thread, after Hicks' catch, I'm 100% convinced that Eli has struck a deal with the reigning Dark Lord of the Sith, selling his soul to the Dark Side in return for using the Force to alter the laws of nature (like turning the plastic of an NFL helmet into Velcro for about five seconds)...

"Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side." Master Yoda.

Looking back, you may only care about the trophy (at least I do).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes